Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but they did tell me they've tried to book him before and GM fits with his ethos, but yeah know it won't happen, I just wanna hear Cortez played in the black mountains..

Still, after GM and EOTR, Latitude would be the next best place.

Edited by Chawk

13 minutes ago, Chawk said:

I know, but they did tell me they've tried to book him before and GM fits with his ethos, but yeah know it won't happen, I just wanna hear Cortez played in the black mountains..

Still, after GM and EOTR, Latitude would be the next best place.

If they've tried, then that means they think they have a chance. You've planted the seed in my mind now. It'd be an amazing coup for them if they got him, there'd be such a buzz around the festival site if he played as well, the whole weekend would have this air to it. This must happen. Latitude's more likely to get him, but I feel like GM would appreciate him more.

On 14/12/2015 at 11:24 AM, zahidf said:

neil young playing belfast and dublin in june. looks like a june uk tour seems more likely...

Tour dates are

2016-06-05, SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland
2016-06-07, SSE Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland
2016-06-08, 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland

2016-06-10, First Direct Arena, Leeds, England
2016-06-11, O2 Arena, London, England

2016-06-24, Sportpaleis, Antwerpen, Belgium
2016-07-09, Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2016-07-20, Völkerschlachtdenkmal, Leipzig, Germany
2016-07-21, Waldbühne, Berlin, Germany

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Pixies playing Irish shows on Wed/Thu of Latitude. They'll surely be one of the three headliners.

Looks like it. Not the most inspiring for me. They were good at Glastonbury, but they're just a nostalgia act. I'm sure a lot of people will love it. I wont mind seeing them at all if the other stages don't offer greatness.

34 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Looks like it. Not the most inspiring for me. They were good at Glastonbury, but they're just a nostalgia act. I'm sure a lot of people will love it. I wont mind seeing them at all if the other stages don't offer greatness.

Didn't (dossier) you used to love them? Man, what happened?

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Didn't (dossier) you used to love them? Man, what happened?

I do love their recorded output, but Indy Cindy took the sheen off. I was desperate to see them for ages until I did, I had a great time, but left massively aware how not of my time they are. Still have a big soft spot for them, as them and The Smiths were the two bands that other cardigans in 6th form listened to a lot to be cooler than everybody else, many drunken nights in indie discos were soundtracked by them.

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I do love their recorded output, but Indy Cindy took the sheen off. I was desperate to see them for ages until I did, I had a great time, but left massively aware how not of my time they are. Still have a big soft spot for them, as them and The Smiths were the two bands that other cardigans in 6th form listened to a lot to be cooler than everybody else, many drunken nights in indie discos were soundtracked by them.

If that's how you feel then fair enough. Seeing them in Manchester was probably my favourite ever gig and I'm pleased that they're continuing to release material or else they really would be a nostalgia act. The disparity between them at a gig and them at a festival was quite a thing (even though I enjoyed their Glastonbury set) so I dunno how bothered I'd be about going to Latitude to see them, but we'll see.

52 minutes ago, johnl said:

Could Pixies play but not headline?

I doubt it. They're unlikely to get three bigger names plus they certainly have the legacy and the following to command a headline slot.

Booked my tickets today for myself, the wife and two kiddies. We had an amazing time this year.

softens the blow of not being able to do Glasto next year, first one I'll have missed since 2009.

If latitude manages to get Haim or Chvrches on the lineup I'll be a happy man 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey latituders. 

Booked for the familyon the installment plan for my family and I.  Thought I'd pop on to see what's being said and someone has dropped the shakey bomb. So a couple of weeks after pj Harvey,  Neil at the O2 and stone roses at the Etihad,  I've got this great festival to look forward to. 

Do you think polly can headline? 

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Personally I hope not. But I sort of see her as not big enough to headline, too much of big deal not to headline. If they get two titans in the other slots, she'd be a headliner. Massive cult following, not a lot of people who aren't in the cult are bothered.

You're probably right but I've been so entrenched in her music for 20+ years that I just assume that everyone into music must be into her. 

There's usually a fair bit of overlap these days between Benicassim and Latitude, as both festivals run over the same weekend, and both operated by Festival Republic. Therefore, based on Beni's recent announcements, don't be surprised to get Bloc Party, Jamie XX and The Maccabees over at Latitude in 2016. 

21 hours ago, andytommo said:

There's usually a fair bit of overlap these days between Benicassim and Latitude, as both festivals run over the same weekend, and both operated by Festival Republic. Therefore, based on Beni's recent announcements, don't be surprised to get Bloc Party, Jamie XX and The Maccabees over at Latitude in 2016. 

I'd be very suprised if Bloc Party played again after headlining relatively recently, and iirc The Maccabees have played there quite recently too.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Could The Maccabees headline? I'm not sure if they're quite big enough but I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it on some sort of exclusive given they did Glastonbury and R&L last year. Jamie XX seems like a decent shout for a 6music stage headliner.

I'm not sure either. There doesn't seem to be a campaign to boot them up festival bills as their last UK festival shows seemed to be practically the same level as the ones they did before at those festivals, but I guess TDCC were given the opportunity to cap off their tour doing similar level stuff with a Latiude headline slot.

Having thought about this for a minute, I could see RDB following through with his proclamations about them and having them headline* the Thursday night Big Top, and they could do TITP and maybe FN6 as well.

* Well, that's if he considers that a headline slot officially, I can't remember.