Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCD soundsystem for headliner? ( If the rumours are ture about them playing coachella...)

For God's sake, man. That kind of talk is so dangerous.

We do not speak of LCD reunions, we just don't. Especially not in relation to Latitude.

I'm already picturing myself weeping with my arms aloft to Dance Yrself Clean, do you see what you've done?

Massive Attack seem the glaringly obvious Latitude headliner who haven't played yet. Anybody else see The Cure as being in with a chance? A lot of people on this board seemed convinced they'd be playing in 2012 before they were confirmed for Leeds.

they seem a hell of a lot bigger than most Latitude headliners (think only Noel can be argued to be on the same level) so i duno. they do seem like a perfect fit though - Latitude's the only festival that they could realistically do these days

they seem a hell of a lot bigger than most Latitude headliners (think only Noel can be argued to be on the same level) so i duno. they do seem like a perfect fit though - Latitude's the only festival that they could realistically do these days

They did Bestival, so Latitude is not a stretch. You're right about them being a perfect fit though. Massive Attack, Tame Impala and The Cure seems a very very good line-up in terms of broad appeal, ticket sales and the festival's audience. But I really think Gorrilaz will be in there somewhere.

Bestival went through that brief two/three year period of having one or two massive, bigger-than-the-rest headliners (and apparently had to throw a lot of money The Cure's way for it to happen). but i agree about Gorillaz, and think they will be the 'big' headliner of next year for Latitude. The Cure would be a fantastic booking though - i have my fingers crossed for you

• 3 weeks later...

Someone on the Beni forum has posted something that suggests Radiohead are playing there (don't know if true) Reckon they could be 2016's Portishead and do Latitude too. Thom had a look this year - I reckon it could happen now...

Radiohead are on a completely different level to Portishead size-wise though - they're a major festival headliner. if Latitude got them that would be a humungous coup, but i don't see it

Radiohead are on a completely different level to Portishead size-wise though - they're a major festival headliner. if Latitude got them that would be a humungous coup, but i don't see it

I am franticly looking for the post where I suggested that the next UK fest Radiohead headline would be Bestival or Latitude. :lol:

But yeah, I think it makes sense personally. They like headlining festivals they haven't done and Thom's obviously scoped out the site this year and in the past. Still, gun to head I would have said Bestival with that being a major fest. Not that I'm believing the Radiohead-Latitude link yet (I haven't looked for it) but I think it's not as crazy as people might think.

Edit: oh shit I read the situation like there was something actually linking Radiohead to Latitude. Carry on.

Edited by dentalplan
i am dumb

Remember a couple of years ago when the idea of a separate board for Latitude was first mooted, and Neil came in and described Latitude goers as something along the lines of a bunch of cranks who believe they're getting Radiohead and Bjork every year?...

Bjork next year though.

Although what's the deal with Bjork? Anyone know why she cancelled those gigs? Pregnant? Emotional issues?

The latter, I believe. The subject matter of the new songs was a bit raw and performing them was too stressful so I think she's working on new music instead. Hopefully it'll be ready soon but the last one felt like it took a while so I'm not sure.

The latter, I believe. The subject matter of the new songs was a bit raw and performing them was too stressful so I think she's working on new music instead. Hopefully it'll be ready soon but the last one felt like it took a while so I'm not sure.

ah poor thing. I can understand it though. I find that album a really difficult listen as it's so raw.