Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

Firstly, I do hope that you feel better by the time you go, I've never been ill at a festival, but I can imagine that it can be a very unpleasant experience, so good luck.

If there is any medication that you can take with you for your problem - take it with you, the only other thing I can suggest is to locate where the First Aid personnel are based and if necessary camp as near as possible to them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blannyboy said:

Firstly, I do hope that you feel better by the time you go, I've never been ill at a festival, but I can imagine that it can be a very unpleasant experience, so good luck.

If there is any medication that you can take with you for your problem - take it with you, the only other thing I can suggest is to locate where the First Aid personnel are based and if necessary camp as near as possible to them.

Thank you, that's good advice. I wouldn't have thought of the First Aid there. 

23 minutes ago, livemusicfan said:

I know the weather forecast is still good for the weekend but is anyone onsite now? I'm about 90mins away and we had heavy rain from late afternoon all through last night - and when I say heavy I mean HEAVY - just wondered how the site was holding up underfoot???

Not there but surely there will have only been relatively light foot-fall on the site even if it's been heavy rain?

26 minutes ago, livemusicfan said:

I know the weather forecast is still good for the weekend but is anyone onsite now? I'm about 90mins away and we had heavy rain from late afternoon all through last night - and when I say heavy I mean HEAVY - just wondered how the site was holding up underfoot???

If you go onto Twitter/Instagram and Facebook and search Latitude Festival in post order it's now coming up with photos/comments from those onsite. Few searches on Instagram shows it's looking quite nice but I do spy a welly in this photo! 

8 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Not there but surely there will have only been relatively light foot-fall on the site even if it's been heavy rain?

yeah that's what i was thinking, but not sure when they erect the stages and wheel loo blocks etc into place, so wondered how much churning up there would be...

I'm working about 45 minutes from where the site is and we've had very isolated but quite short, sharp showers, since yesterday afternoon. I think if we do get any rain, at Latitude, it'll be similar. I really don't expect the site to get muddy or cut up. I'll be putting my wellies in the car, tomorrow morning, but I have my fingers crossed that that's where they'll stay.

19 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

Anyone got an idea what the set times for the 6 music stage are yet?

Nope, can try looking at the clashfinder as based on last years times, but nothing official yet. Have this issue every year where they think its acceptable to drip release the times in the final days before the festival, some of them not released until Thursday. Should get them later today hopefully!

http:///s/lat16/

Edited by jamesrfisher

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Woken up this morning with awful stomach cramps and nausea. Praying it's gone by the end of today otherwise it won't be enjoyable. Does anyone have any advice with being ill/under the weather at a festival? 

I have had a sore throat for last few days which has developed into full blown tonsilitus.  Was going to drive up tomorrow but might put it off till Friday morning.  Hope you feel better soon.

Just been offered guest passes by a friend but we can't get up there until Friday afternoon. Has anyone got experience of camping in the guest campsite and whether it will be full by then? We have a rather large tent but might purchase another smaller one for this as we'll only be camped for a few days.

Interesting that it hasn't sold out yet for I think the first time.  Not any of the day tickets have sold out which I'm sure is a first.  I wonder how many tickets they have left and whether there will be a noticeable difference on site. 

I first went in 2007 and it only had 12000 people I think and it was fantastic.  I wouldn't want that obviously this year cos they'd be taking a huge loss so I hope ticket sales aren't bad enough that they scale back the quality of acts next year.

7 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Nope, can try looking at the clashfinder as based on last years times, but nothing official yet. Have this issue every year where they think its acceptable to drip release the times in the final days before the festival, some of them not released until Thursday. Should get them later today hopefully!

http:///s/lat16/

It's annoying as one of my favourite things is to plan who I'm going to see before which I can't do now till I get the program which is maybe what they were planning. Hope the times aren't anything like the clash finder or I'll only be seeing three bands a day.

7 hours ago, broken monkey said:

Just been offered guest passes by a friend but we can't get up there until Friday afternoon. Has anyone got experience of camping in the guest campsite and whether it will be full by then? We have a rather large tent but might purchase another smaller one for this as we'll only be camped for a few days.

Interestingly enough last year we arrived whilst alt j were playing (totally gutted, traffic was a killer) and we had to camp right by the box office as there was nowhere else. This time were arriving Friday morning so fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, Lynsey Cox said:

I have had a sore throat for last few days which has developed into full blown tonsilitus.  Was going to drive up tomorrow but might put it off till Friday morning.  Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear that! Been to docs and there's a 24 hour sickness bug going around, I do feel better already, few lucozades, paracetamols and some toast and I feel pukka. Hope you feel better!

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So Friday is as much of a fucker for clashes as they could possibly have made it, have to miss Emmy :( It's their worst line-up in years without them pulling this sort of shit.

Am I right in saying the 6 music tent times still aren't on the app?