Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, my top acts that I have to see are Father John Misty, John Grant, Steve Mason and Black Mountain. I've seen all four of those before, but there's a few I haven't seen before, that I'm looking forward to checking out, like Courtney Barnett, Kurt Vile and Frightened Rabbit. The only slight downside I have is that, for me, the line up is heavily weighted towards Friday and Saturday and there's very little that I'm interested in on Sunday. But I'm sure I'll find a way to keep entertained!

14 hours ago, Dr Glasto said:

This may be total blaspheme in these parts... but I don't get The National. Can someone point me in the direction of a good place to start with them? 

I struggled with them for quite a while but when the penny dropped they have become one of my favorite ever bands

7 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

I struggled with them for quite a while but when the penny dropped they have become one of my favorite ever bands

That's good to know. They're clearly a band with talent and substance so I'm keen to give them a chance. I find with bands that have predominantly slower songs that I need some context so I'm definitely going to watch the film (cheers for that shout @dj_tim)

3 hours ago, Dr Glasto said:

That's good to know. They're clearly a band with talent and substance so I'm keen to give them a chance. I find with bands that have predominantly slower songs that I need some context so I'm definitely going to watch the film (cheers for that shout @dj_tim)

Although the songs are predominantly melancholy the songs have a real drive to them when played live.  They seem a lot more upbeat in the flesh and some are really pounding.  Squalor Victoria is like a call to arms when played live, whereas on the record it has a much more relaxed feel to it and that's the same with many of the others. 

They will be brilliant and will be the highlight of the weekend, will be interesting to see what size crowd they get 

1 minute ago, Dr Glasto said:

Just on the app at the moment though I think. 

They are on the site aswell but only when you click on each artists page.  They've done this before and its really annoying.  Not just that but I think they've only done main stage and the comedy.  I need 6 music tent aswell because I'm gonna have clashes galore on the Friday!

9 minutes ago, splinterbungee said:

They are on the site aswell but only when you click on each artists page.  They've done this before and its really annoying.  Not just that but I think they've only done main stage and the comedy.  I need 6 music tent aswell because I'm gonna have clashes galore on the Friday!

Yeah just Obelisk and Comedy at the moment. Keeping us in suspense...

15 hours ago, splinterbungee said:

That's what I'm desperate for! The 6 music tent is where I'm spending most of my time but worried about some clashes. 

With the app when you click the schedule graph thing (not very technical sorry) it doesn't show which acts you've favourited, unless I'm doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, cb4747 said:

With the app when you click the schedule graph thing (not very technical sorry) it doesn't show which acts you've favourited, unless I'm doing something wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong as I'm getting the same issue. I'm beginning to have vague memories of last year's app being a bit rubbish, so I'm wondering whether this was an issue last year, that they never actually resolved. My memory is a bit hazy!

1 hour ago, DaveyGravy said:

I don't think you're doing anything wrong as I'm getting the same issue. I'm beginning to have vague memories of last year's app being a bit rubbish, so I'm wondering whether this was an issue last year, that they never actually resolved. My memory is a bit hazy!

ahh I see. I never used the app last year. That's a shame! Other than that issue the app is quite nicely set out. Was hoping it would be a Glastonbury style graph showing your favourite acts. I'll just stick to the old fashioned way of a program I think, save some phone battery too! 

9 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

It's saying highs of 25 on Sunday! Scorchio! 

The weather forecast has been changing all the time, what hasn't changed is its going to rain up until Thursday then there on there will be sun, just depends how much

2 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

The weather forecast has been changing all the time, what hasn't changed is its going to rain up until Thursday then there on there will be sun, just depends how much

Yeah now saying not much rain in Henham today or Weds haha! They have no idea do they.

Like you say though, only consistency has been Fri/Sat/Sunday - DRY.

So please let us have that :) 

I live about 45 minutes drive from the festival site and it's pretty sunny with a bit of patchy cloud, at the moment, but this morning's local weather forecast was saying 40mm of rain in two hours, late this afternoon! At least the ground should be nice and soft for tent pegs! :D

1 hour ago, alan_clarke1 said:

So my festival has just taken on a new perspective...just found out my other half is preggers. Guess it's down to me to drink our stock pile of booze then...

Many Congratulations!  Slightly ahead of you, we've had a couple of years off Latitude (mainly due to the line-up not floating our boat) but in our absence from Henham Park we have had a baby. Excited to be returning with our 15 month old son, if you see a baby boy in a New Order 'Movement' t-shirt on Sunday, that'll be us!

Should be fun as long as it's not too muddy for his buggy. He's already got Reading 2015 and End of The Road under his belt, a veteran almost!

On a tangent: a first-timer friend has asked me about showers - are they private cubicle showers or communal? I think it's the former but can't see anything on the official site.      

Edited by LowerMead

2 hours ago, LowerMead said:

On a tangent: a first-timer friend has asked me about showers - are they private cubicle showers or communal? I think it's the former but can't see anything on the official site.      

They were private last year in the family camping area.  Got quite busy though!

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Need that clashfinder asap! I fucking need a perfect run on Friday of British Sea Power > Anna Meredith > Christine & The Queens > Father John Misty > Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie > Blanck Mass > Grimes. NO COMPROMISE

you won't have time to go for a piss at that rate

12 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

you won't have time to go for a piss at that rate

I can piss when I'm dead

Looking at the line-up, it appears Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie's slot is morning, so as long as they don't clash with Emmy The Great, I'm happy.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN