Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

20 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Wish I was going on Thursday! I'm getting there Friday 9am. Hopefully there's spaces for me! 

I seem to remember Thursday morning not being ridiculously busy, we didn't queue in traffic at all in 2014. 

Also the campsite only begun to look fullish to me around 6/7pm Thursday. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

What time is everyone arriving Thursday then guys?

Setting off from Bradford around 6.00am should get to Norwich around 9.30am - 10.00am on a good run, then rest of the journey and into the carpark by around 12.00pm all being well. 

We're staying in a hotel in Ipswich Weds night, so will set off after a bit of a lie-in and a nice (hopefully!) breakfast. Aiming to arrive at the car park around midday. 

52 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

Forecasts beyond five days are educated guesses, but I like the education in their guess :D.  Bit damp for us poor crew though in the days before.  Ah well, it'll keep the dust down when it starts in anger.

Untitled.png

Ohhhh no! Wasn't showing any rain on the Thursday before, setting up in drizzle would be acceptable. Rest of it looks superb! So cannot complain

On 06/07/2016 at 10:04 PM, homeravery said:

Hello All, Ive been to Latitude every year since 2009 and love it, but I've alway had awful phone signal with Orange/EE. Im thinking of getting a PAYG sim for the festival to keep in contact with friends, anyone got any advice signal wise at henham park?

You need a phone which uses the O2 network.  EE's hopeless there.  We're  taking a couple of unlocked old phones with Tesco sims so we can stay in touch.

Hello. Going to my 2nd Latitude but this time I'm on my lonesome. Just wondering if there are many others in the same boat? Not expecting to make a buddy to spend entire weekend as I usually go off on my own even when I'm at feativals with friends.

3 hours ago, pmerefield said:

Hello. Going to my 2nd Latitude but this time I'm on my lonesome. Just wondering if there are many others in the same boat? Not expecting to make a buddy to spend entire weekend as I usually go off on my own even when I'm at feativals with friends.

See Page 35 of this thread!

Ticket situation sorted for the kids, seetickets sent them to my mum and dads old house, somehow dragged the wrong address through when I paid through PayPal, don't know how though as I haven't lived there for 11 years.

luckily a friend of mine rents the house off my brother so picked up the tickets yesterday 

10 hours ago, The 38 year old virgin said:

Any clue if there will be a Sunday lunchtime slot? Would be a shame if this has been binned. 

Still see you all on Thursday 

There's still a gap in the Sunday line-up so they need to fill it soon.  My pure guess is that's it's someone playing at T or Lovebox that can't be announced till after their show.  If that's the case then I'll have George Clinton or Jamie xx in a heartbeat :D

Looks like the Sunday slot has been binned. The same number of acts announced as every other Sunday, except none of them is a "Special Guest". In all honesty, I'm really disappointed that Latitude has got rid of the Other Voices stage and the Sunday Lunchtime slot, yet still increased the ticket prices.

Just created my CD for the trip down. Tracklisting looks like this;

1. The National - Fake Empire
2. Grimes - Genesis
3. Anna Meredith - Something Helpful
4. Emmy The Great - Algorithm
5. Meilyr Jones - How To Recognise A Work Of Art
6. Christine & The Queens - Tilted
7. Polica - Topcoat
8. Emmy The Great - Phoenixes
9. Grimes - Oblivion
10. British Sea Power - Remember Me
11. Chvrches - Make Them Gold 
12. Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
13. Emmy The Great - We Almost Had A Baby
14. Minor Victories - A Hundred Ropes
15. Grimes - Vanessa
16. M0 - Kamikasi
17. The National - Don't Swallow The Cap
18. M83 - Reunion
19. Grimes - Kill V Maim

Well we may be lucky going by the BBC forecast and its claimed it will be dry this Wednesday so we can get the tents up when its dry - WBC Set Up Crew are already onsite and they will let me know if there is a ground issue although we would have to be dead unlucky if there is - a few days before  Glastonbury they reported major problems with Crew parking and it was touch and go if the crew Coaches would even make it as the Whitelake River bursts its banks and the whole production road was in a right mess and I had my doubts if we would ever reach crew camping.

sure things can change but as long as we can get the cars in and the tents up dry - that is half the battle won.

22 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Looks like the Sunday slot has been binned. The same number of acts announced as every other Sunday, except none of them is a "Special Guest". In all honesty, I'm really disappointed that Latitude has got rid of the Other Voices stage and the Sunday Lunchtime slot, yet still increased the ticket prices.

Just had a look at my '14 programme, sadly looks like you're right.  7 acts on the Sunday that year.  Oh well, we can live in hope another will be squeezed in.

13 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

Is everyone mainly looking forward to seeing Grimes and The National like me?

Grimes is obviously the main event, after that it's Christine & The Queens and The National I'm most looking forward to. Interested to see what all the fuss is about M83's current show as well, they're playing an album which everybody agrees is quite shit, yet everybody seems to be having a whale of a time at their shows.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Grimes is obviously the main event, after that it's Christine & The Queens and The National I'm most looking forward to. Interested to see what all the fuss is about M83's current show as well, they're playing an album which everybody agrees is quite shit, yet everybody seems to be having a whale of a time at their shows.

Yeah after Grimes and The National I'm mainly looking forward to Christine and the Queen and John Grant, I really like John Grant's new album. I've already seen Father John Misty, Courtney Barnett and Perfume Genius who are all good. I watched the Glastonbury sets of Chvrches and M83, found Chvrches really boring and M83 were ok but lacked a real front man apart from the dancing guitar player, their first or second album is really good but their new album I agree is rubbish. 

Top ones for me are without a doubt The National. One of my favourite all time bands however I am yet to see them live and fully expect it to be as good as others say they are. Next on the list are New Order and M83, followed pretty closely by John Grant, Chvrches and Frightened Rabbit. All in all I have at least 6 acts a day that I really want to see making it the most packed schedule I have had yet! 

Roll on next weekend! 

The National , Daughter and Father John Misty are 3 acts I've been completely obsessed with in recent years, 

also looking forward to seeing Chvrches , Emmy The Great, John Grant, Nathaniel Rateliff, M83 and New Order.

only clash I have is FJM and Augustines.

9 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

This may be total blaspheme in these parts... but I don't get The National. Can someone point me in the direction of a good place to start with them? 

Also their film Mistaken For Strangers is worth a watch even to non-fans of the band, it doesn't end up really being about them in the end but it's a good introduction.

1 hour ago, Dr Glasto said:

This may be total blaspheme in these parts... but I don't get The National. Can someone point me in the direction of a good place to start with them? 

The National can be a love em or hate em kind of band maybe because of the monotone nature of Matt's voice. A good place to start is maybe their two most recent albums, High Violet is probably my favourite, Boxer is good too. Have a fair few songs like Sea of Love, I need my girl, Bloodbuzz Ohio, Afraid of Everyone, England, Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks, Mistaken for Strangers.