Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

Sorry if it's been answered already, but how strict are the searches into the arena? Are they more like Reading Festival or V with all bags searched and pat downs, or like Bestival for instance, where they're pretty lax?

Very tempted to go down for a day now that I'm aware of the day campsite, so wondering whether it's actually worth bringing along any booze or not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vacant0 said:

Sorry if it's been answered already, but how strict are the searches into the arena? Are they more like Reading Festival or V with all bags searched and pat downs, or like Bestival for instance, where they're pretty lax?

Very tempted to go down for a day now that I'm aware of the day campsite, so wondering whether it's actually worth bringing along any booze or not.

Much stricter than Bestival - the arena entrance is more formal and more clearly a gateway - bags will be searched. That said, you don't tend to be patted down, so a modest amount of drink can be brought in if you are ingenious. I got nabbed once in three days and had to beat a hasty, shamefaced retreat back to the campsite. The frustrating thing is that I don't really mind buying beer from a bar in principle, its just that the luke warm piss water on offer is genuinely worst than a warm can that's been shoved down the back of your trousers.

Stayed in family last year, and only left into the main village once. Whereas you stroll in through family we had to queue for 15minutes getting back in from the village. Pat downs didn't look too bad, but they were pulling everyone's bags apart. 

Still didn't check inside those Pringles tubes mind... 

10 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Stayed in family last year, and only left into the main village once. Whereas you stroll in through family we had to queue for 15minutes getting back in from the village. Pat downs didn't look too bad, but they were pulling everyone's bags apart. 

Still didn't check inside those Pringles tubes mind... 

I've never really thought much into smuggling booze inside an arena type festival as I've always just carried it in my bag and never been checked. Pringles tube is a very good idea! 

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

I've never really thought much into smuggling booze inside an arena type festival as I've always just carried it in my bag and never been checked. Pringles tube is a very good idea! 

I must say having been to a few festivals, I'd say Latitude felt the easies to smuggle cans into the arena.

Even the old can in the hood trick worked on numerous occasions! 

Absolutely fuming with Seetickets, for some reason this year I had to book the adult instalment plan tickets and child tickets as separate bookings, even though last year I did it all as one block booking.

They sent the adult tickets out special delivery on the 30th, they arrived on the 1st, they posted my 2 kids tickets out on the 27th as standard post and they still haven't arrived, I've contacted seetickets and they wont send replacement tickets I that I have to get in touch again to sort out an alternative method of getting the kids into the festival.

I know the festival box office is in the family car park and that they'll ask me to go to it on arrival but its still messing about.

58 minutes ago, tiffpietiff said:

On a similar note, anyone know if the way into the arena from artist's camping (wherever that is) is the same as from the village, and, if not, how strict the patdowns there are?

I'm not sure if artist is the same as Guest but we were in Guest last year and they weren't too bad, more checking wristbands. 

2 minutes ago, swede said:

Absolutely fuming with Seetickets, for some reason this year I had to book the adult instalment plan tickets and child tickets as separate bookings, even though last year I did it all as one block booking.

They sent the adult tickets out special delivery on the 30th, they arrived on the 1st, they posted my 2 kids tickets out on the 27th as standard post and they still haven't arrived, I've contacted seetickets and they wont send replacement tickets I that I have to get in touch again to sort out an alternative method of getting the kids into the festival.

I know the festival box office is in the family car park and that they'll ask me to go to it on arrival but its still messing about.

How annoying for you! By the sounds of things Seetickets have been utterly useless so far this year. Are the children's tickets not tracked? Surely they would be liable if they haven't yet arrived. 

17 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

How annoying for you! By the sounds of things Seetickets have been utterly useless so far this year. Are the children's tickets not tracked? Surely they would be liable if they haven't yet arrived.

Not tracked. Because the kids ticket transaction was only £20+ they decided to send them by standard post. I don't get why I couldn't add the childrens tickets to my original booking, like I did last year, so they all arrived together as one.

Quick question guys: I'm coming to my first Latitude this year after 15 Glastonburys, and we've ended up with more tickets than we need. We have two to sell, but they both say my surname on as I'm the cardholder, and the terms claim they're non-transferable. Does anyone know how true this is in practice? I'm not a tout, and not looking to make profit, in fact I'll be looking to sell the pair for less than face value. Presumably the non-transferable thing is not enforceable, as all of the tickets bought in a transaction have the name of the cardholder on, and if the group all arrived at the festival separately it would be impossible for them all to produce ID for the cardholder. Anyone know?

4 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Quick question guys: I'm coming to my first Latitude this year after 15 Glastonburys, and we've ended up with more tickets than we need. We have two to sell, but they both say my surname on as I'm the cardholder, and the terms claim they're non-transferable. Does anyone know how true this is in practice? I'm not a tout, and not looking to make profit, in fact I'll be looking to sell the pair for less than face value. Presumably the non-transferable thing is not enforceable, as all of the tickets bought in a transaction have the name of the cardholder on, and if the group all arrived at the festival separately it would be impossible for them all to produce ID for the cardholder. Anyone know?

No issues with selling them on, they are on sale on Viagogo etc and i'm sure one year they were an official partner.

On the 6 previous times i have been no one has asked me to prove i am James Fisher

5 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

No issues with selling them on, they are on sale on Viagogo etc and i'm sure one year they were an official partner.

On the 6 previous times i have been no one has asked me to prove i am James Fisher

You could try listing them for face value on twickets.  You get your money straight away through paypal as well.  

1 hour ago, Lynsey Cox said:

My tickets arrived safely this morning.  Getting excited now and long ranger weather forecasts not too bad either.  

Where you looked Lynsey? BBC looks very good so far, but not getting excited. 

Forecasts always dodgy here.

2 hours ago, Lynsey Cox said:

My tickets arrived safely this morning.  Getting excited now and long ranger weather forecasts not too bad either.  

I kind of missed not getting actual tickets, mine were sent by e-mail. I like the novelty of a paper ticket. 

Does anyone know what time the car park opens this year as last year festival republic told us 7am which was not the case as we were kept in a holding area for a few hours. i  contacted them last week and got told 2pm the same as campsites which surely is not the case. many thanks.

So then guys! Whats your booze haul, what are we all taking??

I'm going....

- 20 Cans of Carlsberg Export (picked up at the Festival)
- 10 Cans of Old Mout Cider
- 5 Cans of Desperado
- 5 Cans of Estrella Damm

Then I'll just get a few lovely cold beers in the arena

36 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

So then guys! Whats your booze haul, what are we all taking??

Think I'll just do a few cans of Dead Pony for Thurs set-up, a cheeky hip flask full of Ameretto for night-time arena smuggling, and then nice cold beers from the bar the rest of the time :)