Teen ticket rules? Experiences?

Neville Street

My 16 year old and 18 year old want to go, but the rules mean the 16 year old can't as she needs a 30+ year old to be her "guardian". It also sounds like she risks being frogmarched out of the "arena field" after 10pm unless she's with a 30+ year old. She is experienced with BDs, Glastonbury, but this sounds like a bit of a nightmare!

She's saved up, worked out the trains, etc., but I'm not sure she should risk it!

Anyone able to shed any light on it in real life?

How do I get her a ticket if I am not going?

Why can't my 18 year old supervise her?

Cheers, NS

Do you think she could get away with an adult ticket? The people on the gates are volunteers and I think they are looking more for people who have bought teen or student tickets when they should've bought a standard adult ticket. 

Could ask someone in the queue who looks over 30 to say they are with them?

She's thinking of buying an adult ticket, but the website has all sorts of t's and c's, e.g. Carry ID at all times to prove age. I appreciate the gates are volunteers, we do that ourselves at various festies.

You can't get a random 30+ to get you in, all teen tickets have to be bought by a 30+ and a form completed! You have to enter with them, camp with the them, and you can't be in the arena unaccompanied after 10pm. A lot of this is difficult to police with volunteers, but we've all seen the paid security at festivals take the rules a bit too seriously!

It just all sounds a bit draconian and we'll be hundreds of miles away. Trying to convince her to leave it and go another time!

Thanks for response :)