Thursday night at EOTR 2015

paulwa

Not many fans of jangly noisy indie music on here are there? I for one am looking forward to tonight. Whoever plays, it's the start of the festival weekend and I'm in a massively positive frame of mind. It could be different when I wake up in a cold tent with a hangover at 5am tomorrow though.

Not many fans of jangly noisy indie music on here are there? I for one am looking forward to tonight. Whoever plays, it's the start of the festival weekend and I'm in a massively positive frame of mind. It could be different when I wake up in a cold tent with a hangover at 5am tomorrow though.

I really wish I was there tonight. Just trying to pretend that I'm happy to be working late and missing a whole evening of EOTR fun!

I thought it was the best opening night since they started doing it. One for the indie rock fraternity certainly, but also interesting. Mammut offered something a little different and Chilli from Palma Violets was clearly on the Mexican marching powder, but then we surely want our rock stars to act like proper twats?

I didn't watch Palma Violets because they're not my thing at all, same for my friends, so we all decided to adopt positions for the weekend and prop up the Peacock bar, but thought Mammut and Menace Beach were really good, the former especially, been listening to them a lot since they got back! Nothing topped Ezra Furman from last year in the sheer fun stakes though.