Thursday night at EOTR 2015

paulwa

Has anybody heard any good rumours about who might be playing in the Tipi Tent on the evening of Thursday 3rd Sept? Spotted any gaps in the current tours of suitable bands?

With the management connection between Simon and Ezra Furman, I'm hoping he'll be back to support the 10th anniversary show in some way. He was a revelation last year and has obviously gone on to make a bigger name for himself since. He has no gigs in September.

Edited by paulwa

Mammút have been confirmed by the EOTR twitter account for the thursday night. They're listed on the artists pages but aren't on the day splits poster. The same looks to be true for Menace Beach but EOTR aren't confirming them. 

The EOTR twitter has been pretty adamant that Ezra Furman isn't playing this year. 

Edited by MikeTheGoat

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd have loved it to be him.

Just did a VERY QUICK search for London gigs in and around the time. The only possibility I could see from that search was Bo Ningen. 

But in the past it's been competition winners, so there's a good chance that Mammut will "headline", with Menace Beach below them and we won't have heard of the other two.

I saw Palma Violets on the NME tour earlier in the year and was struck by how they had something Clash-like about them, in the interplay between lead singer and guitarist, maybe also the style of backing vocals. Clash-light perhaps, but I'm pretty sure they'll entertain.

Edited by paulwa