Best Kept Secret Festival 2016

spudling

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Stone roses are free on the Sunday lol.

Until a third date in Manchester is confirmed ;)

Not to mention that FKP Scorpio, the agency behind Hurricane / Southside, Best Kept Secret, Northside, Bravalla, Tinderbox, Provinssirock (see all: here) had snatched The Roses up on their reunion tour for many of their european festivals which has been a massive flop for the promoter. Crowds of 500-1000 watching them at festivals like Southside which had 60000 punters on site.

They won't be booked for high spots in Europe again apart from outsourced BritLad festivals like FIB.

Edited by Createur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
First names announced.

As predicted above, Beck & Editors are two of the headliners.

Other names: Wilco • Beach House • Caribou • Unknown Mortal Orchestra • Two Door Cinema Club • Half Moon Run • Yeasayer • Bloc Party • Destroyer • Yelawolf • Explosions In The Sky

Not a bad start, although a long way to go yet.

Explosions In The Sky will be an emotional one for me. They were the last band I saw play at Pukkelpop 2011 before the storm arrived.
Edited by Trufflehound

Hi my wife and I will be going for the 3rd time next year . The Festival atmosphere is laid back no groups of drunken idiots band are on between around 12 till 12. over 4 stages . Plenty of choice of places to eat . Haven't stayed at the holiday park  .  as we normally stay in Tilburg as there is a shuttle bus that runs from the Station to the festival. Overall a great festival . 

35 minutes ago, spudling said:

Hi my wife and I will be going for the 3rd time next year . The Festival atmosphere is laid back no groups of drunken idiots band are on between around 12 till 12. over 4 stages . Plenty of choice of places to eat . Haven't stayed at the holiday park  .  as we normally stay in Tilburg as there is a shuttle bus that runs from the Station to the festival. Overall a great festival . 

How long is the shuttle ride? 

30 minutes ago, spudling said:

Yes, all of this. Two stages in the woods, two on the beach. Plus a 5th space for DJs. The demographic is slightly older than many festivals as well (possibly due to the line-up). Fewer teens and more 20s, 30s and 40-plussers. The floating bar on the lake was a great addition in 2015. Food is the best I've come across at any festival ever. Clean, flushing toilets too. And very little litter as you pay a deposit for sturdy returnable plastic glasses with the drinks, and they employ an efficient team of wombles who pick up everything else that gets dropped.

Only slight downside was the shuttle buses back to Tilburg at the end of the evening could have been a bit more regular (i.e. less waiting around at the end of a long day would have been good). Other than that, perfect.

18 minutes ago, maesydderwen said:

How quick does this sell out? I rate Beck so quite tempted but I was wondering if it sells out before the line up is complete.

Cheers.

Not very quickly. Was about 2 weeks before the festival in 2013. Don't know in 2014. I'm not sure it even sold out this year.

Will obviously depend a bit on the quality of future announcements.

1 hour ago, Riot Paula said:

Me and my husband are pretty tempted to give this one a try this year. Can anyone give me any info about it? I saw on their website a holiday park called Beekse Bergen. Is it good and close to the festival? What's the atmosphere like? What sort of times are the bands on?

Thanks!

If you want to stay in the bungalows or cabins in the holiday park rather than in a tent (or in a hotel in Tilburg), that's something you will need to get in quickly for when they go on sale on Saturday. Last few years they've been fully booked in no time.