Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

If he's about, I can see Ed Sheeran taking up a headline slot. His crowd last year was massive and his stock has only gone up since then. Wouldn't be surprised if he has next summer off though, with the other variable being RW getting in first and giving him a co-headliner spot. System of a Down are headlining Rock in Rio in a couple of weeks time so that's another name to throw into the hat.

Would love to see Foals headline - if Alt-J and Bastille are both considered worthy enough then there's no reason why Foals can't pull it off. I've actually got tickets to see them in a month or so in Norwich at a 1,600 capacity venue. Will also be seeing The Mondays and Leftfield at the same place before Christmas - two other bands that would be more than welcome at PKP16.

Ed Sheeran is taking like 2 years off, so he definitely won't appear. Foals can headline, and I'd like to. Thay have a great appeal on Reading festival, so they could do both Reading and Pukkelpop. System of a Down can be an option for a big-ish american band if they continue random touring. Otherwise my guess it's green day. And a pop/hiphop headliner.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Muse mainland Europe dates ranging over May and June, I think chances are little. I also stick to my belief that Foals is not yet headlinerworthy in Belgium, despite what their status might be in other countries. 

I'm thinking about Pearl Jam though. According to some major fans the album probably won't be out until the Summer (so possibly not out before RW), and they've done a series of June festivals on their last 3 European tours. Time for a change?

I haven't checked to see what their plans are for next summer but if Arcade Fire are out and about then they must be in the reckoning.

I'm not completely doubting what you say about Ed Sheeran Diocane but I can't see him taking two years off. He's at the peak of his popularity and would be a fool not to continue promoting himself by playing live and releasing new material. He loves gigging and, unless he has burn out or slides into some kind of drug addiction, I think he'll be around next year. Whether he plays any festivals is another matter but he'd be well received by the majority of the PKP demographic if he was announced as headliner.

I haven't checked to see what their plans are for next summer but if Arcade Fire are out and about then they must be in the reckoning.

I'm not completely doubting what you say about Ed Sheeran Diocane but I can't see him taking two years off. He's at the peak of his popularity and would be a fool not to continue promoting himself by playing live and releasing new material. He loves gigging and, unless he has burn out or slides into some kind of drug addiction, I think he'll be around next year. Whether he plays any festivals is another matter but he'd be well received by the majority of the PKP demographic if he was announced as headliner.

I think they're not around till 2017/18

He clearly said he won't be doing anything else until the end of 2016. He said he bought a house in England and he wants to enjoy it with friends and family and have a personal life. So with the next album coming at the end of 2016 or early 2017 his next festivals will be for sure summer 2017 or later. I'm not his greatest fan but with all the playback shit in pop music nowadays I think he can be a good pop headliner (with Sam Smith, Nutini and some others) for the next years, and he can still improve a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My bet for 2016 headliners: Rammstein - Kendrick Lamar - Elbow.

Awful set, but I am not optimist. Just a random prediction, but it is always funny to make absurd predictions...

Perhaps I can comfort you by saying none of those will happen next Summer ;)

Rammstein just announced that thay will tour next summer and Graspop booked Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, so just one headline slot to announce. Are you still sure that Rammstein is not a possibility for Pukkelpop 2016?

Edited by johnybegood

Rammstein just announced that thay will tour next summer and Graspop booked Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, so just one headline slot to announce. Are you still sure that Rammstein is not a possibility for Pukkelpop 2016?

Yes, because every single time Rammstein played early Summer festivals, they also headlined Rock Werchter. So I'm giving it a 99% chance that they're doing Werchter again. 

So I'm guessing that at Pukkelpop, every night, we have a headliner size act (a pretty substantial band capable of heading Glasto or Reading) and then two smaller acts either side and usually a dance act the one after?

It's an idea I'm hugely keen for to happen at various uk festivals. Big names until 2 in the morning! On the main stage

Edited by willutalk