How would you make titp at top festival again?

Lor1

4 hours ago, devilman said:

Not quite. 2011 sold out quickly and was ace. 2012 had a shitty line up (mostly) and didn't sell out. The fact that it was the worst mud bath ever wouldn't have helped future attendances but it was the line up that killed it. Had I not loyally bought my early bird like I always did in those days I wouldn't have gone. I haven't been since but I am watching developments with interest. If it's back next year I think it could be a classic.

What's making you think that about next year mate? 

First time at the new site for me and only a flying Friday visit. Might consider next year though if Wickerman doesn't come back.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with @devilman on this, last one was 2012 and it was obvious the way the festival was going, haven't been back, but interested to see what Melvin Benn's influence has on this years. I'd love to return one day, but it's too much money to take a punt on and there are so many better alternatives at the moment.

18 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

What's making you think that about next year mate? 

vvvvvvvv

7 hours ago, blue6field said:

but interested to see what Melvin Benn's influence has on this years

Basically what @blue6field has said. Leeds and Reading are far better festivals in my book and Melvin has been doing them for years. IMO Ellis lost his way and the festival needs kicked back into a winning direction with Melvin sorting the shit out. It'll be a really tough ask though as T really took their foot off the pedal at a crucial time. A huge loyal following was shat on and now will drive a long way further for their festival fix, finding better music, better layouts, more stages and attractions and most importantly better value for money. Getting those people back will take something special. If that something special isn't next year it'll be never and the end of T as we know it. All my humble opinion of course.

23 hours ago, devilman said:

vvvvvvvv

Basically what @blue6field has said. Leeds and Reading are far better festivals in my book and Melvin has been doing them for years. IMO Ellis lost his way and the festival needs kicked back into a winning direction with Melvin sorting the shit out. It'll be a really tough ask though as T really took their foot off the pedal at a crucial time. A huge loyal following was shat on and now will drive a long way further for their festival fix, finding better music, better layouts, more stages and attractions and most importantly better value for money. Getting those people back will take something special. If that something special isn't next year it'll be never and the end of T as we know it. All my humble opinion of course.

Since my last T I've been to Werchter a couple of times.  Probably the best run festival you'll come across.  Line up wasn't amazing this year but got a decent cross section of stuff from New Order, PJ, BMTH, the Offspring, Paul McCartney, ATDI etc, along with the same kinda stuff at T.

It cost about 225 euros for four full days.  Free trains from anywhere in Belgium to Leuven and a constant flow of shuttle busses from there to the site and back.  

As for T, doubt I'd ever go back. 

They could find better people to run the dance tent. 

The Slam Tent has been utter shit for years. Nothing more than a jolly for them and their shit DJ mates. It's like groundhog day at times. Same people playing year after year after year.

The Colours / Streetrave crew can put on a better party than Slam ever could.

Like Red Day says above, I doubt I'll ever go back. Ellis won't change it because he's more interested in your money than providing you with a decent lineup. It's a festival for teenagers nowadays. Teens in the Park.

T in the Park has become an absolute bomb scare of a festival. I went for 5 years from 2003-8. In that time it was generally indie/art school types mixed with your house music techno heads. Yes there were neds but the vast majority of attendees were real music fans and not just there for the 'party.' 

Now it seems its a total ned fest attended by folk who like pop chart music and have never been to a gig in their lives. T in the Park has managed to find itself in a unique position by totaling alienating their original indie/dance fan-base by bringing in more chart music but also when they try and fix it you will have the current attendees saying 'Who are the Stone Roses? Just give me Calvin!'

And this is without addressing the site problems, stabbings, fights which I can see has already happened this year. It hasnt sold out for years either which is a major indicator. I cant see it lasting much longer in its current guise

1 hour ago, sandros555 said:

Going to be an absolute clusterfuck over the next few days, ned central all round.

2:30pm in the campsite today....

Well looks like the arseholes have ruined Thursday night at T again.... follow our only twitter account for exclusive videos: https://twitter.com/ootyernutatT16

Posted by Being oot yer nut at T on Thursday, 7 July 2016

https://www.facebook.com/653789334701294/videos/vb.653789334701294/1042254532521437/?type=2&theater

Edited by Tijuana

28 minutes ago, sandros555 said:

After my heads gone moment last night I have to admit they are taking my complaints really seriously and are trying to fix things on the hoof.Looks like they really are trying to sort out the customer service.

What happened???

16 hours ago, sinc72 said:

T in the Park has become an absolute bomb scare of a festival. I went for 5 years from 2003-8. In that time it was generally indie/art school types mixed with your house music techno heads. Yes there were neds but the vast majority of attendees were real music fans and not just there for the 'party.' 

Now it seems its a total ned fest attended by folk who like pop chart music

while you might be right with the changed audience (tho I managed to encounter 2005 and earlier plenty of what I'm guessing classes as neds), what you've missed from there is the indie music it predominantly featured in the years you state was the pop chart music of the time.

From where i'm sat it's followed the same pop music thing to a large degree (tho was a bit late in the day in moving on from indie), but looks a bit different because of how changed music sales have changed the music market (there's far few 'album bands' within pop music now, cos so much fame can be gained with one song via online).

It's also, I think, done a worse than average job (compared to other large fests) in getting the 'right' newer acts to put on at a festival - but I don't think (I'm guessing) that's policy, I think it's a poor job by the bookers (seen within other fests too). The moving-on of the music scene has left some bookers high and dry for what they really know about.

Edited by eFestivals

Sad to see this just now RIP

T in the Park deaths

Police Scotland can confirm we are investigating reports of the death of a female and the separate death of a male at T in the Park. The deaths are unexplained at this time and work is ongoing to establish the exact circumstances surrounding both. We are unable to comment further at this stage.

Information for anyone attending T in the Park is available at www.tinthepark.com.

13 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Looks like the bbc are losing interest. Few sets on bbc4 and only Friday on bbc 1. Don't imagine the roses will allow any coverage. Bbc2 showing the golf highlights in the night slots t used to get.

not sure that's lack of interest, but part of the clampdown on what some say the beeb should be allowed to do.

The Murdoch agenda, basically. Have his friends in Westminster knobble the beeb to the benefit of Sky.

8 minutes ago, kieranboruc said:

T in the Park deaths

Police Scotland can confirm we are investigating reports of the death of a female and the separate death of a male at T in the Park. The deaths are unexplained at this time and work is ongoing to establish the exact circumstances surrounding both. We are unable to comment further at this stage.

Information for anyone attending T in the Park is available at www.tinthepark.com.

:(

Always an awful thing to hear of.

9 minutes ago, kieranboruc said:

T in the Park deaths

Very sad news

Sad but not surprising. 2 rapes as well apparently I've just been told. 

As well as the fight video from the campsite yesterday there was a video of young guys and one of them was taking a massive line of God knows what. M-Kat probably.

Hopefully this will be the end for Ellis and his 'festival'.

I don't know what the future holds for T. The massive crowds for Harris show where they see the future. I don't know what ticket sales are like compared to other years. I bought my girlfriend a ticket on Friday from tickets Scotland. The music landscape has changed. Glastonbury seem to manage fine but the Eavis family don't seem to be aiming at the same market as Ellis. Who runs Latitude?