2017 festival

kaosmark2

Can't see Paramore in the running for next year, Jeremy left in December which leaves Hayley as the only original member so presumably a new album is way off yet. As much as I love the band I can see their stock falling quite quickly, although I didn't mind the more 'pop' direction of their last album I thought it was pretty forgettable, and I can't see myself returning to it as much as All We Know Is Falling and Riot.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Can't see Paramore in the running for next year, Jeremy left in December which leaves Hayley as the only original member so presumably a new album is way off yet. As much as I love the band I can see their stock falling quite quickly, although I didn't mind the more 'pop' direction of their last album I thought it was pretty forgettable, and I can't see myself returning to it as much as All We Know Is Falling and Riot.

i thought they were fucked after the drummer and guitarist left and the 4 year gap between albums yet they came back more popular than ever and released their best album yet (obviously you don't share that opinion, but it's miles better than their first three). i don't think they're in any trouble - Hayley is all most people care about anyway and i'm sure they'll return with some absolute bangers. don't reckon they'll be headlining R/L again so soon though

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i thought they were fucked after the drummer and guitarist left and the 4 year gap between albums yet they came back more popular than ever and released their best album yet (obviously you don't share that opinion, but it's miles better than their first three). i don't think they're in any trouble - Hayley is all most people care about anyway and i'm sure they'll return with some absolute bangers. don't reckon they'll be headlining R/L again so soon though

Yeah that's kinda true tbh. I think it's to their credit that they've managed to adapt so well. I'm still gutted that they and Queens only got 75 minutes ish in 2014 so I'd love a full headline slot in the future! 

Was gonna say Kasabian, Arcade Fire and a co-headline involving Royal Blood but I'm thinking AF at Besti instead now.

Haven't really thought who'll be around. Kasabian definitely the most likely. Would have said Biffy if they weren't doing this year. As I say, I see a Royal Blood co-headline but not sure who with - alt-J, BMTH (if not at DL), Kendrick, YMAS all options imo. Foo Fighters if they're around and not at Glasto (but I reckon they'd be eager to do Glasto as soon as they're back).

I think Kasabian, Kendrick and Royal Blood with someone else would be cool if Kendrick's next album is out by then. I'd rather Kendrick does Glasto first but they seem less likely than R&L to bump up headliners.

Edit: BMTH will be on the same album they subbed with I guess so ignore that. DL 2017 and R&L on the next album.

Edit 2: An early prediction:

Kendrick Lamar - Major Lazer

Kasabian - Tame Impala 

Royal Blood/alt-J co-headline

Edited by Will-2609

Yeah unfortunately I can't see AF coming back, when they headlined before it was at the top of their commercial-appeal cycle, I can't see them making a record that the media is happy to support and I don't think their name alone is enough of a draw.

Kasabian, Green Day and Alt-J/Royal Blood co-headline is what i'll go for. less confident in Green Day due to them only headlining 4 years ago, but couldn't think of another big headliner, and they're due a new album and R/L is the best fit festival-wise for them (unless the rumours of IOW wanting them are true and they manage to bag them)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Kasabian, Green Day and Alt-J/Royal Blood co-headline is what i'll go for. less confident in Green Day due to them only headlining 4 years ago, but couldn't think of another big headliner, and they're due a new album and R/L is the best fit festival-wise for them (unless the rumours of IOW wanting them are true and they manage to bag them)

I was trying to think of a heavier band that could headline because none of those headliners I listed would leave the  potential for a heavier day, other than if Royal Blood were co-headlining with another heavy-ish band.

Also wouldn't be surprised at Major Lazer co-headlining. Nothing would surprise me after Disclosure and potentially FOB headlining tbh.

Main: Kasabian / Chase & Status / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Metronomy / Kodaline 

NME: Brand New 

Main: Royal Blood (co-headline) / You Me At Six (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic / Band Of Skulls 

NME: Run The Jewels 

Main: Green Day / Deftones / The Offspring / Panic! at the Disco / Architects 

NME: Peace 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thing is with Paramore, it'll be 3 years gap and it wasn't outright headline.

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Main: Kasabian / Chase & Status / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Metronomy / Kodaline 

NME: Brand New 

Main: Royal Blood (co-headline) / You Me At Six (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic / Band Of Skulls 

NME: Run The Jewels 

Main: Green Day / Deftones / The Offspring / Panic! at the Disco / Architects 

NME: Peace 

Twin Atlantic are probably going to play that slot this year, surely they won't be AGAIN next year, and The Offspring will probably not be booked.

I agree with the Royal Blood shout. If the second album does very well, could easily see them as outright headliners never mind coheadliners.

Don't really see a need to push Alt-J up from subliners unless the 3rd album really propels their status. Feel like they're in a similar position to what Bloc Party were in after 2 albums. They might end up staying put on album 3 and then decline in terms of size too. Their live show is a bit lifeless.

44 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I agree with the Royal Blood shout. If the second album does very well, could easily see them as outright headliners never mind coheadliners.

Don't really see a need to push Alt-J up from subliners unless the 3rd album really propels their status. Feel like they're in a similar position to what Bloc Party were in after 2 albums. They might end up staying put on album 3 and then decline in terms of size too. Their live show is a bit lifeless.

I see your point, if Royal blood did even co headline next year and it wasnt with Alt j, I could see them doing it with any of these: Kendrick Lamar, Fall out boy, Chase and status (if their new album is better than their last) or 30 seconds to mars (if we're really unlucky). But I would say Kendrick is probably most likely out of those

15 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

I see your point, if Royal blood did even co headline next year and it wasnt with Alt j, I could see them doing it with any of these: Kendrick Lamar, Fall out boy, Chase and status (if their new album is better than their last) or 30 seconds to mars (if we're really unlucky). But I would say Kendrick is probably most likely out of those

2017 onwards I don't see Kendrick being anything but an outright headliner at any festival.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

13 minutes ago, Odessa said:

2017 onwards I don't see Kendrick being anything but an outright headliner at any festival.

Unless they're fighting off other festivals' headline offers for the same acts, I would think R+L will try and put any act new to headlining into a coheadline arrangement.

4 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

FRI
Biffy Clyro
You Me at Six
CHVRCHES

SAT
Muse
Royal Blood
Enter Shikari

SUN
The Prodigy
Bombay Bicycle Club
ASAP Rocky

Cas I think Kanye will headline this year.

I would take it as fairly strong that Biffy are this year. Kanye isn't going to be there......and clearly doesn't look like he was thought of as a late option as they'd rather being back an act 3 yrs later and bump an act, if indeed they have. Clearly they wanted Foo's from the start this year but everything changed there and truth be had it, it would have been Flo if not.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I would take it as fairly strong that Biffy are this year. Kanye isn't going to be there......and clearly doesn't look like he was thought of as a late option as they'd rather being back an act 3 yrs later and bump an act, if indeed they have. Clearly they wanted Foo's from the start this year but everything changed there and truth be had it, it would have been Flo if not.

Or, y'know, maybe Kanye wasn't available seeing as he doesn't have any shows in Europe.

Would they also rather have Biffy than Led Zeppelin? Must do or they'd have booked Led Zeppelin!