kaosmark2

2017 festival

The average age at Glastonbury is over 40 now isn't it?

You'd imagine low mid 20s at Reading, so for the vast majority at Reading most wouldn't have been more than a few years old when Oasis where at their peak. So it may make for a different experience 

1 minute ago, Benj said:

You'd imagine low mid 20s at Reading, so for the vast majority at Reading most wouldn't have been more than a few years old when Oasis where at their peak. So it may make for a different experience 

I think he'll have a massive crowd at Leeds, but a way smaller one at Reading.

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I suspect it will be big at both, reaction to Rock n Roll star and Slide Away will likely be less though, as whilst huge songs at the time for those who 'were there', they're probably less well known amongst the younger crowds.

Its pretty much the equivalent of Page and Plant playing in '98, as someone who was then 20, I was firmly encamped at the Super Furry Animals in the tent. If there had been no one I liked in the tent, I would've been at Page and Plant but would've known nothing but the very biggest songs

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't think Oasis are a band that are more liked south or north of England. I reckon the crowd will be similar in both.

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

I don't think Oasis are a band that are more liked south or north of England. I reckon the crowd will be similar in both.

I would agree if the age range was older, but I think with the <25's there is still the north/south divide in terms of who knows the oasis songs played (especially as he isn't doing the bigger hits e.g. DLBIA, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova etc.)

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I would agree if the age range was older, but I think with the <25's there is still the north/south divide in terms of who knows the oasis songs played (especially as he isn't doing the bigger hits e.g. DLBIA, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova etc.)

Some of the crowds at Glastonbury look pretty young to me! I think he'll get a huge crowd at both Reading and Leeds - we'll find out in August either way! 

The clash between Muse and Haim is becoming increasingly difficult to choose between, they played a great set at Glastonbury

25 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

The clash between Muse and Haim is becoming increasingly difficult to choose between, they played a great set at Glastonbury

HAIM would be too annoying to watch- some of the facial expressions they pull whilst singing are so odd...

• Upvote 1

On 25/06/2017 at 0:11 PM, Benj said:

how the fuck would anyone know this

I thought The Amazons were distinctly underwhelming at Glastonbury - tech and sound issues throughout and a frontman who I can't help but find irritating. I'll probably give them another go at Reading but would definitely pass now if they were to clash with The Magic Gang. 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes were, of course, absolutely stunning in John Peel. If you're at Reading on Saturday you've got to see these guys, even if you're not a fan! He had a massive crowd in the palm of his hand, not to be underestimated since plenty were there just to guarantee a spot in the tent for The Killers. NME Saturday is looking pretty good at this point w/ Blaenavon, Marmozets, Frank, Glass Animals and Flume. 

Blossoms were fine. Still not sure why they're 3rd but hey-ho. Opted for Katy Perry of Liam Gallagher but had reports from friends that saw him that it was very enjoyable, even with some dodgy sound on the Other Stage. 

22 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I thought The Amazons were distinctly underwhelming at Glastonbury - tech and sound issues throughout and a frontman who I can't help but find irritating. I'll probably give them another go at Reading but would definitely pass now if they were to clash with The Magic Gang. 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes were, of course, absolutely stunning in John Peel. If you're at Reading on Saturday you've got to see these guys, even if you're not a fan! He had a massive crowd in the palm of his hand, not to be underestimated since plenty were there just to guarantee a spot in the tent for The Killers. NME Saturday is looking pretty good at this point w/ Blaenavon, Marmozets, Frank, Glass Animals and Flume. 

Blossoms were fine. Still not sure why they're 3rd but hey-ho. Opted for Katy Perry of Liam Gallagher but had reports from friends that saw him that it was very enjoyable, even with some dodgy sound on the Other Stage. 

I watched The Amazons on Iplayer (obviously nothing like being there) and I have to agree. They were decent but didn't blow me away. Songs like in my mind lacked the oomph they have on record. Not sure the vocalist is the most polished singer either. Still a band with potential though. 

On 25/06/2017 at 0:11 PM, Benj said:

I thought most of the Oasis fans these days were teenagers desperate for a reunion? 

Searching the vaccines tour on google, it looks like they are listed for Saturday - however no mention on Reading's website... Surely not for a secret set and just an error?

On 2017-6-26 at 5:19 PM, JSmurphy said:

Liam started shite, voice is mashed and I caught don't look back in anger on coverage, just isn't there the voice now.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, BC7 said:

Searching the vaccines tour on google, it looks like they are listed for Saturday - however no mention on Reading's website... Surely not for a secret set and just an error?

As it's only on google and not on their website i'd say it was just an error.

Saw The Amazons at Liverpool Sound City and thought they were pretty great. Tent was rammed. Only caught the back end of their set though.

20 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Any chance of a Catfish secret set?

Unfortunately not as they're touring with green day in America when R+L is. Seeing them tomorrow though can't wait 

25 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Unfortunately not as they're touring with green day in America when R+L is. Seeing them tomorrow though can't wait 

Oh yeah completely forgot about that, shame as they would've gone down great 

4 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Could see Catfish subbing next year, possibly under Foo Fighters if they're there.

Was just about to say I could see them being a co-headline with someone like royal blood as they'll have a new album and an ever increasing fanbase. I'll put money on them making an appearance in some capacity next year.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Was just about to say I could see them being a co-headline with someone like royal blood as they'll have a new album and an ever increasing fanbase. I'll put money on them making an appearance in some capacity next year.

I'm not sure they're that big yet. I could see them headlining Latitude or something off the next album and the coheadlining on the one after that

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I don't think they're big enough to headline/co-headline yet but I'd be surprised if they were not around in a big slot. When next year comes around it'll be 3 years since they've played. Sub/3rd on main stage or headline NME I reckon 

Edited by rfc_478

59 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

I don't think they're big enough to headline/co-headline yet but I'd be surprised if they were not around in a big slot. When next year comes around it'll be 3 years since they've played. Sub/3rd on main stage or headline NME I reckon 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm not sure they're that big yet. I could see them headlining Latitude or something off the next album and the coheadlining on the one after that

sold out echo arena in less than a minute and have a very dedicated fan base, particularly up north. Could well be the case on next album cycle they increase even more and are even trying to conquer america now supporting green day and doing their own shows. Really don't think they should be underestimated as a contender to be a sub by the time 2018/19 rolls around.