2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

will Billy Talent finish early so no clash with You me?

No one can say for sure. I personally wouldn't expect very many early closures cos they'd all but done away with it last year and there's a healthy amount on each stage, but yeah as said it's not really possible to know at this point.

Other than the Less Than Jake/Neck Deep announcement for that TBA slot are there many others on the Slam Dunk line up you'd expect?

I guess for the main stage (probs sunday) we could have whoever didn't get the TBA slot. As well as that myabe Death Havana or Tonight Alive (though both played NME last year). I guess Beartooth could also do a Main, NME (friday) or Pit (Sunday) or FR stage (Saturday). We The KIngs could potentially do FR or Pit too maybe?

Can't really think of anyone else on the lineup that would be worth holding back tbh. Unless it is other random people who are were held back for tours or whatever other reason

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Other than the Less Than Jake/Neck Deep announcement for that TBA slot are there many others on the Slam Dunk line up you'd expect?

I guess for the main stage (probs sunday) we could have whoever didn't get the TBA slot. As well as that myabe Death Havana or Tonight Alive (though both played NME last year). I guess Beartooth could also do a Main, NME (friday) or Pit (Sunday) or FR stage (Saturday). We The KIngs could potentially do FR or Pit too maybe?

Can't really think of anyone else on the lineup that would be worth holding back tbh. Unless it is other random people who are were held back for tours or whatever other reason

Less Than Jake headlining Lock Up, Neck Deep 6th main Sunday, Beartooth/Black Foxxes 8th main Sunday.

1 hour ago, jakecase said:

Who are the top 3 potential acts for the secret set this year???

IMO probably Royal Blood, alt-J or maybe Stormzy (don't think they've done one which isn't rock before but who knows)

It could also be Enter Shikari, A Blaze Of Feather, London Grammar?, or maybe Rise Against?

Paramore are in America so definitely not them.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO probably Royal Blood, alt-J or maybe Stormzy (don't think they've done one which isn't rock before but who knows)

It could also be Enter Shikari, A Blaze Of Feather, London Grammar?, or maybe Rise Against?

Paramore are in America so definitely not them.

It tends to be an act that plays a big slot the following year and has new music being released imminently (see Jamie T, Foals and You Me At Six) so my guesses would be Royal Blood or Wolf Alice

Just now, rfc_478 said:

It tends to be an act that plays a big slot the following year and has new music being released imminently (see Jamie T, Foals and You Me At Six) so my guesses would be Royal Blood or Wolf Alice

I know, I expect Royal Blood, Paramore and slt-J are all possible headliners/coheadliners. All the others mentioned are potential subs or NME headliners for next year (well, A Blaze Of Feather are probs 3rd down but they're also pretty hyped sooo). All of my suggestion are also in the area (where Wolf Alice isn't doing anything this year afaik)

Edited by Mattymooz

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I know, I expect Royal Blood, Paramore and slt-J are all possible headliners/coheadliners. All the others mentioned are potential subs or NME headliners for next year (well, A Blaze Of Feather are probs 3rd down but they're also pretty hyped sooo). All of my suggestion are also in the area (where Wolf Alice isn't doing anything this year afaik)

Alt J are another reasonable shout, but maybe too big for a secret set now?

Though WA were doing the odd (overseas?) festival and were recording new music which would be out later this/early next year. That would make them a decent candidate in my view.

My other shout would be Twin Atlantic. Based only on that I'm surprised they haven't been announced 

Edited by rfc_478

9 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Alt J are another reasonable shout, but maybe too big for a secret set now?

Though WA were doing the odd (overseas?) festival and were recording new music which would be out later this/early next year. That would make them a decent candidate in my view.

My other shout would be Twin Atlantic. Based only on that I'm surprised they haven't been announced 

Green day did it

11 minutes ago, OscarEB said:

Green day did it

True, but I think that's an exceptional circumstance (i.e they were around anyway and fancied doing it). The way it happened, I doubt the organisers knew it was going to happen when the original full lineup was announced.

One of the most fantastic and surreal festival experiences I've had though- Green Day at 11am was wonderfully odd! 

Liam Gallagher's gig looked great fun tonight. He didn't butcher any of the songs either, which was surprising. I imagine that despite all that's been said on here, he'll draw a big and vocal crowd. 

Edited by JSmurphy

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Liam Gallagher's gig looked great fun tonight. He didn't butcher any of the songs either, which was surprising. I imagine that despite all that's been said on here, he'll draw a big and vocal crowd. 

I don't think anyone here thinks he's a bad booking, he's just a slot too high imo...

9 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Agree with this, lots of positive reviews on the glasto forum and from the vids I've seen he sounded great. If he's in the mood I think he can definitely justify his high slot 

19 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

There seems to still be a space or two Reading Sunday on Main Stage (only 7 acts that day and 9 on the two others), they could easily fit in below Architects and above Against The Current. Twin Atlantic also finish a tour tonight, which may be why the announcement was held back.

Either that or Muse has been given a very long set.

Edited by Gozpot

19 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm surprised that people are saying this, he sounded pretty poor from what I could hear.

Does seem to be a lot of buzz around Liam coming back though, which is at least a little surprising as I thought people were already over Liam coming back and why I imagine many were puzzled about him subbing. Feel like FR may have anticipated the situation better than us lot on this one.