2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist has looked a lot like that for over a year now? The likes of New Born have been nowhere to be seen. Not sure what you all were expecting tbh.

They need to stop ending on Knights of Cydonia with the whole harmonica intro before it, gone a bit stale that.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Setlist has looked a lot like that for over a year now? The likes of New Born have been nowhere to be seen. Not sure what you all were expecting tbh.

True, but its still both surprising and depressing to see a song like nkok on there, taking up set time that could have been spent on songs that fans actually want to hear. There's too much filler in their setlists nowadays and I just don't understand how insistent they are in regards to playing what I'd consider to be filler music over their hits, and It's always going to be disappointing.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Why would people expect OOS?, they did the album in full 6 years ago to basically close that chapter. 

From Muse I'd expect them to play anything but OOS, but its still sad considering plenty of other bands have been happy to play tracks from their older albums.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

They need to stop ending on Knights of Cydonia with the whole harmonica intro before it, gone a bit stale that.

Of all the songs on that setlist, KoC is the last song I'd want them to remove :lol: Its pretty much the perfect closer in my eyes.

That Dig Down song just sounds like one of their old (bad) songs recycled. The setlist is awful. If it looks like we'll get similar I'll be watching Special Guest TBA, unthinkable as that would have been previously. :)

1 hour ago, Twice said:

Of all the songs on that setlist, KoC is the last song I'd want them to remove :lol: Its pretty much the perfect closer in my eyes.

I'm not saying they should remove it, just be nice for them to mix it up and end on something else. Although looking at setlists now, they've not been ending on it for as long as I thought tbf.

4 hours ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything decent but I was hoping shit like The Globalist would have been binned. I guess this leg they're on atm is still part of the Drones tour, mind (so where is Reapers?).

They stopped closing with KoC for a bit in ~2012. For a while they rotated KoC and Survival as 1st/2nd encore closers, and I'm sure KoC was also sometimes played mid-set around then. Was nice to finally switch it up a bit but it's blatantly their best closer. Need to ditch Man With a Harmonica, though. It's just annoying now and they could probably fit another song in instead.

Edit: Fuck me I just remembered them closing with Starlight at the stadium shows in 2013.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Last night was a tour date wasn't it? Surely they'll play more of their greatest hits for a festival show (ie, not NKOK).

In saying that, I don't expect many more from that era (though I am surprised at the complete absence of Showbiz though

Well I doubt many proper fans want to hear NKOK live. Yeah it makes sense to play less hits at your own shows than at festivals, but the idea is to replace them with fan favourites (Citizen Erased, Butterflies and Hurricanes, MOTP, Take a Bow, Micro Cuts, Fury, Apocalypse Please).

They've hardly played any of Showbiz for years now. Even when I went to my first Muse show in 2009 the only Showbiz song they played was Unintended. Sunburn has been played on and off since then, Falling Down came back for a bit in 2012, and a couple of others had outings at special shoes (eg. Uno on the Psycho tour), but I'd never go into a Muse gig nowadays expecting a Showbiz song.

Edited by Will-2609

36 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Well I doubt many proper fans want to hear NKOK live. Yeah it makes sense to play less hits at your own shows than at festivals, but the idea is to replace them with fan favourites (Citizen Erased, Butterflies and Hurricanes, MOTP, Take a Bow, Micro Cuts, Fury, Apocalypse Please).

They've hardly played any of Showbiz for years now. Even when I went to my first Muse show in 2009 the only Showbiz song they played was Unintended. Sunburn has been played on and off since then, Falling Down came back for a bit in 2012, and a couple of others had outings at special shoes (eg. Uno on the Psycho tour), but I'd never go into a Muse gig nowadays expecting a Showbiz song.

Well, no, but in general acts are more experimental and play more covers or deep cuts from albums rather than their greatest hits when just doing a tour date.

I want to say when I saw them on their 2nd Law tour they played Cave? I can't remember exactly but I'm still suprised they dropped that album completely. TBH, I'm kinda expecting Psycho, Reapers, Mercy and either the globalist or the handler as definites (plus Dig Down). Then the rest will probably be older stuff (probably only Uprising from Resistance and Madness from 2nd Law?)

Maybe I'm just too optimistic and we'll be given a bunch of trash lol who knows

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Neck Deep's new album 'The Peace And The Panic' is out in August 18th. The two new tracks from it are absolute bangers.  Surely they will be added after Slam Dunk next weekend. I hope they're headlining the Lock Up opposite Muse. 

Yes! Those two tracks are great, love the key change in Happy Judgement Day. They NEED a spot somewhere on Muse day, whether on Main or the Lock Up.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Neck Deep's new album 'The Peace And The Panic' is out in August 18th. The two new tracks from it are absolute bangers.  Surely they will be added after Slam Dunk next weekend. I hope they're headlining the Lock Up opposite Muse. 

This was my thinking. Would make sense with the lock up headliner not being announced yet and slam dunk being the perfect reason why they've been held back. 

On 21 May 2017 at 2:37 PM, thewayiam said:

Why would people expect OOS?, they did the album in full 6 years ago to basically close that chapter. Aside from that, Muse are dead and have been for years. 

New Born is one of their most famous songs. They should at least play that, if nothing else from the album.

Just now, VCK said:

New Born is one of their most famous songs. They should at least play that, if nothing else from the album.

I dunno Feeling Good did pretty well too. New Born, Plug In Baby and Feeling Good would be the only 3 potentials (from that album), it's just whatever mix of those they decide to play imo.

On 2017-5-21 at 7:32 PM, Andre91 said:

I liked Where Do we Go but I wasn't that much of a fan of the 2nd but not feeling this as much as LNOTGY and something feels a bit off with these tracks. Still looking forward to the album though

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno Feeling Good did pretty well too. New Born, Plug In Baby and Feeling Good would be the only 3 potentials (from that album), it's just whatever mix of those they decide to play imo.

They play Citizen Erased and Bliss more than they play Feeling Good and New Born. In fact, New Born wasn't played once in 2016.

29 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I liked Where Do we Go but I wasn't that much of a fan of the 2nd but not feeling this as much as LNOTGY and something feels a bit off with these tracks. Still looking forward to the album though

Where Do We Go is definitely the better of the two. Huge chorus. After listening to both loads today, HJD sounds like an album filler track. I'm just hoping they appear at R&L in some capacity because I'm having to miss them at Slam Dunk. 

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just wanted to share this, though I don't do them myself I'm really happy Melvin is supporting this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39996522/six-uk-music-festivals-are-to-allow-drug-testing-including-reading-and-leeds

Disagree! It's promoting that it's okay to use drugs at fest as long as you know they are legit.

Also a couple of interesting tweets from Matt last night

Not sure if he's being sarcastic but this would be dope. Also:

This kinda makes me hopeful that maybe they'll play more of their older stuff if they're gonna try and put out an album of it.

At the same time, this is MUSE so who knows lol