2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some more not awful, but dull music that'll dilute their good stuff even more. I hope they don't play this in their set. Muse are one of those bands who I just desperately want to stop making music because it only makes their live shows progressively worse, as they could easily fill a set with great hits but end up filling it with some naff tunes because they're new. Here's to hoping they repeat 2011 and play an origins of symmetry set aha.

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

first Fall Out Boy, now Muse. What's with 2005's guitar bands suddenly trying to bring back dubstep? I assume Razorlight will be next. Silliness.

OK so neither this or the FOB song are dubstep. This definitely has electronic instruments (like 2nd Law) but you couldn't compare this to Dubstep. The FOB song was literally just a bad centuries and with vocal chops, not dubstep at all either :P

Like, could you see either song being played in a Skrillex set

The thing I do hate though is that the general trend (these songs included) are for slower songs, which I aint a fan of.

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

OK so neither this or the FOB song are dubstep. This definitely has electronic instruments (like 2nd Law) but you couldn't compare this to Dubstep. The FOB song was literally just a bad centuries and with vocal chops, not dubstep at all either :P

Like, could you see either song being played in a Skrillex set

well they're EDM-influenced and shit and annoying, whether or not either are technically dubstep I don't care :P album not on the way until next year, apparently

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

first Fall Out Boy, now Muse. What's with 2005's guitar bands suddenly trying to bring back dubstep? I assume Razorlight will be next. Silliness.

Muse did that in 2013, two unlistenable songs at the end of The 2nd Law. No need to check them out mate just take my word.

If the festival are to do something like this they need to take a stand against every band who's done this sort of thing. I know I've mentioned it before but cabbage have been filmed performing lewd acts on stage and several accusations of them sexually assaulting fans why are they not being dropped? (Oh and for everyone who's all about evidence, see this video.) https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshGMM/status/855057926628802561

Tbh there's outrage surrounding PWR BTTM and everyone else is dropping them so R&L have too. I don't think they're "taking a stand" as such, just following suit. People don't seem to be care about the Cabbage stuff too much. There's no news about their label dropping them, or support acts dropping from the tour, or refunds being offered on album purchases, or...anything really. 

Now I'm not saying any of that is how it should be going down, but I don't think R&L are gonna be the ones to make a fuss and drop them when nobody else is doing anything. 

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

If the festival are to do something like this they need to take a stand against every band who's done this sort of thing. I know I've mentioned it before but cabbage have been filmed performing lewd acts on stage and several accusations of them sexually assaulting fans why are they not being dropped? (Oh and for everyone who's all about evidence, see this video.) https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshGMM/status/855057926628802561

That's not evidence of an assault. If there was video evidence of what was reported to have happened with Cabbage then I think things might be different but, as it stands, there's a grey area. With PWR BTTM the allegations against the guy are clear and extreme so their position on lineups are obviously untenable.

The whole Cabbage thing is quite unfair. There has been no evidence of what was actually reported happening, and the person to come forwards about it wasn't even the alleged victim. Plenty of people have also said they were at the gig and nothing happened. Believe who you want but there needs to be something a little more concrete than that before a promising young band have their career ripped away from them. I would say the reason it hasn't caused anywhere as much outrage is because it probably isn't true, or at least not to the extent that random girl on Twitter said. But then again a lot of people have it in for bands like Cabbage and would take any opportunity to bring them down.

3 minutes ago, thelemon said:

The whole Cabbage thing is quite unfair. There has been no evidence of what was actually reported happening, and the person to come forwards about it wasn't even the alleged victim. Plenty of people have also said they were at the gig and nothing happened. Believe who you want but there needs to be something a little more concrete than that before a promising young band have their career ripped away from them. I would say the reason it hasn't caused anywhere as much outrage is because it probably isn't true, or at least not to the extent that random girl on Twitter said. But then again a lot of people have it in for bands like Cabbage and would take any opportunity to bring them down.

there's no evidence of the PWR BTTM stuff either

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

That's not evidence of an assault. If there was video evidence of what was reported to have happened with Cabbage then I think things might be different but, as it stands, there's a grey area. With PWR BTTM the allegations against the guy are clear and extreme so their position on lineups are obviously untenable.

There are clear allegations about cabbage sexually assaulting a girl with her dad at a gig. Admittedly there's no evidence but where's the evidence of what PWR BTTM did? 

Even if it isn't evidence anyway if someone did what cabbage have been proved to have done in the street, they'd be arrested without a doubt. 

15 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

There are clear allegations about cabbage sexually assaulting a girl with her dad at a gig. Admittedly there's no evidence but where's the evidence of what PWR BTTM did? 

Even if it isn't evidence anyway if someone did what cabbage have been proved to have done in the street, they'd be arrested without a doubt. 

We don't know that he touched himself though or if there was any intent in his potential actions, that's why it's not clear. I agree it's wrong if it happened as said and it'd be great if R+L could remove them to send a message about having people feel safe from grotesque behaviour at shows but it's just very hard to judge without the evidence in front of you.

And the stark difference between these actions and what Ben PWR BTTM has been accused of is indicated by the girl's dad wanting the geezer to come out and apologise and shake hands to settle the matter. I'm not trying to normalise what Lee Cabbage may have done or defend him but just demonstrating why mere allegations of one is toxic to the extent everyone cuts business ties with one band, and allegations of the other is largely brushed off because it can't go any further.

15 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

So they aren't just shit but absolute c**ts too!

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Muse setlist from last night.... worrying lack of songs from OoS/Showbiz (apart for Plug In Baby). 

IMG_2062.PNG

:lol: They're actually playing New Kind of Kick live ffs.

That setlist is terrible.

Edit: I see they've dropped Reapers but not The Globalist. Very Muse.

Edited by Will-2609

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

:lol: They're actually playing New Kind of Kick live ffs.

Even worse is that Matt apparently isn't even present for the NKoK performance, they just have his vocals as a backing track.

I count 7 tracks on that setlist that aren't actually full songs (either interludes or jams). Whatever is up with Matt's vocals that requires him to have a break every few songs needs to be fixed ASAP, because people are getting short changed with a setlist this poor. Let's hope it's sorted out by August.