2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends who it is. Kasabian are a ticket shifter so as an exclusive with no other dates announced, it was a coup. Then it turned out it was either a lie or they fucked up. So there's an embarrassment.

I'm half expecting Muse to turn up in France or something to complete the fun.

23 hours ago, thelemon said:

Jake Bugg could do 4th down main on Kasabian's day.

Kasabian > Bastille > TDCC > Jake Bugg > JEW

Could do third or fourth down on the Eminem day.

Eminem > Major Lazer > Korn/Jake Bugg > ATDI

Fits in much better on the Kasabian day, wouldn't JEW have been a better booking for the Eminem day? 

Not sure he'd take that given he subbed last time but I think his stock has fallen a bit, even though his new stuff is still fairly decent. Could do the secret set.

Isn't Jake Bugg at Victorious on the Saturday?

Just now, thelemon said:

Do people really care that much about exclusives?

Usually I believe acts are payed more to be exclusives? So that means R+L payed more for these acts as they were supposed to be "exclusive" instead of say, getting a better undercard.....

Personally I think exclusives are silly - I would much rather just have more acts or higher quality acts...

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's really positive to see Frank Carter on the Glasto bill. He's got the potential to climb line ups like Gallows were doing and that's a great little push.

Imagine him shouting "get the f*** away from me you c***" to a family at Glastonbury 

Apologies if there is zero chance of them being there and I'm just being dumb, but what is the likelihood of Deftones showing up this year?

Just from glancing at their site, they have a NA tour going on until early July, and they've done the festival a few times before. I guess if they were to return it would have to be as a sub.

14 hours ago, Han Ford said:

Apologies if there is zero chance of them being there and I'm just being dumb, but what is the likelihood of Deftones showing up this year?

Just from glancing at their site, they have a NA tour going on until early July, and they've done the festival a few times before. I guess if they were to return it would have to be as a sub.

No need to apologise pal, a few on here had predicted Deftones 3rd / 4th on Main or NME headliner in the run up to this years announcements so they were always a possibility. I reckon there isn't much room left on the lineup for them now though.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Have to say, I'm really liking the two new Kasabian songs that have been released so far. If the rest of the album follows suit, I could see that being an even more enjoyable set than it would already have been.

Wasn't a fan of You're in Love With a Psycho, but this new one's fairly good :P 

I wish they'd go back and make more songs in the "club foot/underdog/fire" style though as I'm not too much of a fan of the more dancey style they seem to be heading towards. 

Edited by Twice

27 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Comeback Kid is a great track. 

I prefer I'm in love with a Psycholo I think but it should be the other way for me. Comeback would sound big in a stadium, I also thing it's like a revved up Last Shadow Puppets song....and maybe that's why I'm not a fan more.

On 18/03/2017 at 10:37 AM, Beef101 said:

Just generally intrigued but if everyone could choose one act for each stage who would they want?

Personally I'd say:

Main Stage: Royal Blood

NME: The Kooks/ Kaiser Chiefs

Dance: Wilkinson

Pit: Rise Against

Festival Republic: Watsky

1xtra: Joey badass

In no way am I expecting all these to be announced but it's who i'd be happy with,

What's everyone else hoping for?

Main stage: Portugal. The Man

NME: Toro y Moi

Dance: Gorgon City

Pit: Mastodon 

Festival Republic: Rex Orange County 

1xtra: Danny Seth