kaosmark2

2017 festival

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah I'd say he's around the size of a typical headliner for the stage, but since R&L are competing / sharing acts with those other fests acts often appear in slots irrespective of their size. Pretty unlikely he'd appear but he's low down on the bill at SW4 so could maybe do an evening at Reading. Leeds & Creams on different days so wouldn't be an issue.

TBh yeah I could see that as he is on so early at SW4. They have a ton of DNB atm so some more house is always welcome. That or his Malaa alias would be doooooope

19 hours ago, FestivalPanda99 said:

Already been discussed, wouldn't have time to set up their visuals + stage set up in the time for a secret set slot

They could if they do the same slot green day did but that's unlikely 

We must be approaching the "big poster" announcement soon..  Going on this website makes me so damn impatient! I think it's usually early April, am I right?

7 minutes ago, Peskybee said:

We must be approaching the "big poster" announcement soon..  Going on this website makes me so damn impatient! I think it's usually early April, am I right?

I believe it's sort of mid April if it's like last year, but yes not too long left

• Upvote 1

Just spoke to Creeper's drummer having a smoke outside the Manchester gig tonight and he said they aren't doing R&L this year. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Just spoke to Creeper's drummer having a smoke outside the Manchester gig tonight and he said they aren't doing R&L this year. 

Possible they just aren't allowed to let anyone know if they're playing or not before it's announced? Shame if they aren't though, was hoping they would. 

Similarly, SWMRS told me after a show last Sunday that they're skipping this year too. Obviously don't have as much hype around them right now as Creeper but a seriously good live band and were in a few predictions so I'm a bit gutted.

22 hours ago, Peskybee said:

Last year's last big announcement wasn't until the 3rd week of April but given things have come earlier this year I'd not be surprised by end of the 1st week/2nd week.

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They were so good last night.  If they are not playing Leeds then I hope to see them at Glastonbury 

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The main reason bands will lie to people like you asking these questions is because they know whatever they say you'll plaster it over the Internet. 

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Do we know if the Pit Stage/Lock up is happening this year?

I see no reason why not, i feel like Dan Carter would have made it clear by now if it wasn't coming back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

The main reason bands will lie to people like you asking these questions is because they know whatever they say you'll plaster it over the Internet. 

It's fairly rare that they lie about it. It's just YMAS who you can't generally trust what they say.

Tbf if they're gonna make this thing work where they book younger-skewing bands for Download then not booking the same bands to fill out stages at R+L would be the way forward.

How much of the FR stage do we know? Do we have headliners? Was wondering if Pete Doherty could do it. I know he's gigging a bit with the Libs but I swear I saw him on a lineup somewhere and he just released an album last year.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's fairly rare that they lie about it. It's just YMAS who you can't generally trust what they say.

Tbf if they're gonna make this thing work where they book younger-skewing bands for Download then not booking the same bands to fill out stages at R+L would be the way forward.

I dunno it's a lot riskier now. Say someone in a band says "yeah don't tell anyone mate but we're playing Download". Within 24 hours that will be plasted all over here, the Download forum, someone's probably tweeting Copping asking if he can confirm for sure etc. 

Agree that Download and Reading could do with not sharing too many bands. Don't think it helps any band apart from really small ones to play both all the time anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

will royal blood be lighting up reading/leeds this year?

Very unlikely. Rumour was they were going to sub Muse but highly doubt it and will probably return next year to co headline or even headline. You can be hopeful though, no one really has any idea who is going to be announced in the end.

1 hour ago, Finding leto14 said:

will royal blood be lighting up reading/leeds this year?

I can't see them returning to Reading/Leeds until they have released a new album. They've already played the festival twice with just their first album out. I think they are a strong shout for a sub/co-headliner next year depending on how much success their 2nd album has. 

Royal Blood have got to be dropping something soon. I hope it's big. I enjoyed their first album but they might have to switch up their sound a little for the next album? Hold on them for a year and let them sub Queens of the Stone Age :wub:

6 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Royal Blood have got to be dropping something soon. I hope it's big. I enjoyed their first album but they might have to switch up their sound a little for the next album? Hold on them for a year and let them sub Queens of the Stone Age :wub:

I cant see QOTSA headlining outright and RB will probably be their size by then but I also think their sound will get boring quick. They aren't at the stage yet of being got to headline themselves on their 2nd year but a sub could happen.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, mozza77 said:

What's the possibility of either Kaiser Chiefs, Dizzee Rascal or Jamie xx appearing??

Jamie xx I think is pretty much a 0% chance because as was mentioned earlier The xx are at Rock En Seine and would have to be off the stage here and onstage in France within a couple of hours. And even if that weren't the case I think it would be quite odd if he were to randomly take time off touring with the band to do a solo slot at R&L.

The others I suppose are possibilities, could see either going down well, but I'm not sure if FR might think they're not relevant enough. I'd say Kaisers are the more likely of the two.

7 minutes ago, thelemon said:

And even if that weren't the case I think it would be quite odd if he were to randomly take time off touring with the band to do a solo slot at R&L

He's playing Lovebox Festival, and it's not listed as an exclusive. 

Don't see why he couldn't do Friday Reading, Saturday Leeds, Sunday Rock En Seine. Plenty of people do it. Could go on after YM@6.