2017 festival

kaosmark2

5 hours ago, thelemon said:

I think Blossoms will be 4th down on Main but I reckon they'd absolutely own the third spot. As has been pointed out they're supporting the Roses, and they're supporting the Courteeners at Old Trafford in May. They're pretty much inescapable atm, so I wouldn't be surprised if the were 3rd down.

Although they're almost definitely playing lower than HAIM.

Stadium support bills have never really been much of a marker. I've never seen it used to suggest where an act is gonna play at a festival before but if you look at past support bills the Stone Roses have had then it'd appear obvious that it doesn't mean they're a massive act.

Besides, they're fifth down at Trnsmt I believe. Wouldn't that be more of a thing to go off?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Welcome!

I think with Gambino there's also the Donald Glover side of things to consider, and I know he's pushed his series Atlanta back because he can't find time for it in his schedule, what with that Han Solo movie coming out, so I think his shows as Childish Gambino will probably only be in the US, sadly.

The "Awaken, My Love!" songs on an R+L stage would be really kinda strange too, don't you think? I don't even know how he's gonna do the rap stuff and the soul stuff to equal proportions at his normal shows. Will be interesting to see, tho.

Yeah, I thought this may have been the case. How dare he be talented and have other commitments! I still live in hope that I will see him perform one day.
  I did wonder how he would go about performing his newest album along with his older stuff but like you said, it will indeed be interesting to watch. 

Not sure if i'm posting this in the right place, as i'm new to this forum. Just wondering if you guys think any big artists are going to be added to the line up. I've read about chance and so on and id love to see him but do you guys really think he's likely to be added?

11 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

Not sure if i'm posting this in the right place, as i'm new to this forum. Just wondering if you guys think any big artists are going to be added to the line up. I've read about chance and so on and id love to see him but do you guys really think he's likely to be added?

Hey, welcome. Definitely the right place to post.

To be honest we're just guessing and bickering based on how the line up usually goes. None of us genuinely know.

But even if there's nobody being added to high up the main stage or headline the second stage, there'll be plenty of stage headliners to come who will be established acts that people will know of. The announcements usually get good from the next one onwards when you can see a lot more acts and they're assigned to stages and stuff.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

To be honest we're just guessing and bickering based on how the line up usually goes. None of us genuinely know.

But even if there's nobody being added to high up the main stage or headline the second stage, there'll be plenty of stage headliners to come who will be established acts that people will know of. The announcements usually get good from the next one onwards when you can see a lot more acts and they're assigned to stages and stuff.

Am I right in saying at this point last year the next announcement was April at some point?? Had pretty much the rest of the announcements with the stages filled out, or was there another one before that?

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would love to see mura masa, saw he was at reading last year, think he'd be really good live. Hes touring around europe at the time too so might be a chance of him being there. This is my first time at reading so i'm hoping it lives up to what ive heard :)

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Am I right in saying at this point last year the next announcement was April at some point?? Had pretty much the rest of the announcements with the stages filled out, or was there another one before that?

I think last year the full lineup was announced around mid/end of April :)

8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

This is the second announcement from last year - http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160421a.shtml

70+ acts including most of the Lock Up, Festival Republic, Dance Stage. That's the one where it all falls into place. Then there are a few smaller ones with like BBC Introducing, Alternative Stage, after hours stuff and then some acts added to the bottom of the bill on some stages. But that second one is the money one and will probably be late April/early May.

3 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

I would love to see mura masa, saw he was at reading last year, think he'd be really good live. Hes touring around europe at the time too so might be a chance of him being there. This is my first time at reading so i'm hoping it lives up to what ive heard :)

Possibly. They do like bringing acts back in bigger slots.

4 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

That'd be such a good addition!! The rumours of royal blood and twenty one pilots are too big for this next announcement and would've been announced already probably but you never know. Bands like kaiser chiefs, the kooks, spring king, neck deep, palace and enter shikari would be who i'd be holding out for from the rumours as well as people like RTJ, chance, skepta, vince staples or denzel curry would be sick. 

Can never tell with R+L what they're going to announce but these would be my top picks going off the whispers :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

That'd be such a good addition!! The rumours of royal blood and twenty one pilots are too big for this next announcement and would've been announced already probably but you never know. Bands like kaiser chiefs, the kooks, spring king, neck deep, palace and enter shikari would be who i'd be holding out for from the rumours as well as people like RTJ, chance, skepta, vince staples or denzel curry would be sick. 

Can never tell with R+L what they're going to announce but these would be my top picks going off the whispers :rolleyes:

Feel like considering Flumes there vince staples could be there too and if he is i could imagine him coming on in flumes set for smoke and retribution. Saw Flume in london at the end of last year and i promise you his set it not to miss.

14 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

Feel like considering Flumes there vince staples could be there too and if he is i could imagine him coming on in flumes set for smoke and retribution. Saw Flume in london at the end of last year and i promise you his set it not to miss.

It's a shame that he is most likely headlining the NME that day. Even though people are saying he was disappointing live 4 years ago i've wanted to see Eminem for years and I feel personally it's one of those acts like two door cinema club who i cannot miss, despite flume's music being extremely good. 

9 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

It's a shame that he is most likely headlining the NME that day. Even though people are saying he was disappointing live 4 years ago i've wanted to see Eminem for years and I feel personally it's one of those acts like two door cinema club who i cannot miss, despite flume's music being extremely good. 

You never know it could be major lazer headlining nme? i feel it would make more sense for flume to close it out for the night, his set is bloody unreal.

4 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

You never know it could be major lazer headlining nme? i feel it would make more sense for flume to close it out for the night, his set is bloody unreal.

That is true I'd prefer it to be like that as I'd rather see flume over ML but i feel like flume finishing leeds in a tent would be the perfect send off if you're not interested in seeing Eminem. 

Something else I've been wondering is the rumours of Skepta and Chance playing. They would be amazing additions to the lineup i'd be really happy with that but they are both headlining Wireless festival. Even though R+L is much bigger what is the likelihood that they'd take something like a 3rd or even 4th slot on main stage or 2nd or maybe headline NME?? I have no idea if they'd think it wasn't a prestigious enough slot for them??

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

That is true I'd prefer it to be like that as I'd rather see flume over ML but i feel like flume finishing leeds in a tent would be the perfect send off if you're not interested in seeing Eminem. 

Something else I've been wondering is the rumours of Skepta and Chance playing. They would be amazing additions to the lineup i'd be really happy with that but they are both headlining Wireless festival. Even though R+L is much bigger what is the likelihood that they'd take something like a 3rd or even 4th slot on main stage or 2nd or maybe headline NME?? I have no idea if they'd think it wasn't a prestigious enough slot for them??

Skepta has been at R+L for quite a few years running now, the only thing is if he headlines 1xtra? and chance is one of the most humble down to earth artists so i don't think he would turn it down. At the end of the day he's making money from it so its that or nothing.

18 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

What do you mean here? The headliner will close it out for the night. Major Lazer are too big for the NME stage, anyways, and they'd never clash with Eminem. Flume will be headlining it.

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I think if Skepta plays I think he subs main. Chance could do sub, 3rd down or NME headline. Wireless headliners have played slots like that in the past so it wouldn't be an issue. BBK (co-)headlined Wireless last year and played 3rd down at R&L.

3 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

Skepta has been at R+L for quite a few years running now, the only thing is if he headlines 1xtra? and chance is one of the most humble down to earth artists so i don't think he would turn it down. At the end of the day he's making money from it so its that or nothing.

No chance of Skepta headlining 1xtra. It's a tiny stage and it'd be dangerous putting him in there. He's probably too big for the NME, even. Can't see him doing anything other than main if he's there.

Chance may be humble but humble acts are still unlikely to take slots that are below where they're at, size-wise. It'd slow them down in terms of moving up lineups, and they'd probably just take a slot elsewhere that's actually big enough for them. Also the same as in any job they probably won't accept lower fees for their performance just because it's something they love doing, they'll go and do a set for someone who gives them what they're worth instead.

Having said all that, though, Chance isn't too big to play 3rd down main/NME headline, so it's kind of all irrelevant.

31 minutes ago, jamiebethel said:

True he is way too big to headline 1xtra but I could see him drawing a huge crowd if he headlined NME. Only issue is it'd be a death trap but extremely fun nevertheless.

Chance could undoubtedly headline NME on the Friday and would be a great act to have in that slot with YMAS surprising me and headlining the Saturday which is a bit disappointing in my opinion as i'm not a huge fan. I'd like to finish a night at least once in the NME tent as the atmosphere's electric and he'd be the act to get me there.

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

Not really R&L related but I wasn't sure where to put this but I knew quite a few in this thread like Weezer. Does anyone know the ticket prices for the U.K. dates? Thanks.

I just signed up for the pre-sale code email on the Weezer site but it's not showing any prices yet. 

Edited by TornShaun

26 minutes ago, foolee said:

Not really R&L related but I wasn't sure where to put this but I knew quite a few in this thread like Weezer. Does anyone know the ticket prices for the U.K. dates? Thanks.

I'm not sure if anything can actually be read in to this given River's previous ball teasing but he has mentioned a secret set at Reading in a tweet:

As for the prices I'm not sure but given how much they were last time I'm expecting them to be £40+. May just have to bite the bullet and go this time though.

Wembley Arena as well! Be interesting to see how that sells.

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm not sure if anything can actually be read in to this given River's previous ball teasing but he has mentioned a secret set at Reading in a tweet:

As for the prices I'm not sure but given how much they were last time I'm expecting them to be £40+. May just have to bite the bullet and go this time though.

Wembley Arena as well! Be interesting to see how that sells.

I think Rivers twitter just tweets random Weezer fan tweets so I wouldn't look too much into that.

Yeah I missed it last time due to the dates being rubbish for me to get too however I can't miss this tour as I don't know when they'll next be back to the U.K as they like to avoid it.

I think they must feel there is demand to sell it after selling out Brixton fairly quickly.