2017 festival

kaosmark2

On 6/10/2017 at 11:55 PM, SemiSweet said:

So what's everyone's single favourite booking this year that's not to be missed under any circumstances. For me it has to be Grouplove. Their sound is absolutely perfect for a summer festival and they absolutely nail it live, they don't miss a beat. So much energy.

On 6/11/2017 at 4:04 AM, TornShaun said:

Mine is Korn! There are various acts i will be watching on all 3 days, but for me personally, if they hadn't been announced then i probably would have skipped Reading this year!

This is definitely my worse clash.

Love Grouplove and theyre brilliant live. Never seen Korn though. At the moment it pretty much looks like they will clash directly. Boooooooooooooo

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably just paper talk but a few rumours of QOTSA doing a secret festival set this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/queens-stone-age-secret-glastonbury-reading-leeds-festival-set-2089523?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

I'd say they have a chance, and Wolf Alice as I've already said. Royal Blood seems unlikely now but I still wouldn't rule it out. Last year I predicted BMTH as they were talked about as 2018 headliners. Not sure if that's still possible but they seem well suited to it, and alt-J could potentially be another. Was also wondering if The Kooks could be a shout.

5 hours ago, thelemon said:

Probably just paper talk but a few rumours of QOTSA doing a secret festival set this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/queens-stone-age-secret-glastonbury-reading-leeds-festival-set-2089523?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

I'd say they have a chance, and Wolf Alice as I've already said. Royal Blood seems unlikely now but I still wouldn't rule it out. Last year I predicted BMTH as they were talked about as 2018 headliners. Not sure if that's still possible but they seem well suited to it, and alt-J could potentially be another. Was also wondering if The Kooks could be a shout.

Sure man but nobody knows one way or another if any of these actually will be yet and it'll only come out a few weeks before at the earliest. Best to be poring over the 200 acts that are actually announced to see which ones you might wanna see than just the one larger act who will have been there recently and will be again next year.

Went to Stone Roses at Wembley on Saturday and Blossoms supported. Really didn't think much of Blossoms however it was a massive open stadium (will be similar to reading main stage) - I think their sound is much more suited to playing in a tent. 

On 2017-2-27 at 5:44 PM, FestivalPanda99 said:

Apologies in advance, I'd hate any guy that would shamelessly self plug like this. Me and my partner are struggling to find our summer festival plans, and are therefore trying to get at least one ticket through the ambassador scheme for Leeds. Any Leeds goers looking for a weekend ticket, I would appreciate it a lot if you'd drop me a message and buy through our link. 

Apologies again, cheers guys x

Dude I am an ambassador too and I think this is against the rules (posting publicly about the rewards) just so you know and don't get done x

On 16 June 2017 at 10:40 AM, 19liam75 said:

Royal Blood did a instagram live stream at midnight for the launch of their new album. They mentioned twice that they are not doing a secret set at reading. 

Hence "secret" set :P 

Edited by VCK

4 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

HAIM just released a video for Want You Back and it's fantastic. I love that choreography and I'm a sucker for a one shot anything.

Are they really that big in the UK now? Can't imagine the tent being too busy when they're on given the headline opposition elsewhere.

They had a fair old crowd last time they played, they actually seemed bigger to me then though. (Although I have since left the UK!)

Just now, Benj said:

Are they really that big in the UK now? Can't imagine the tent being too busy when they're on given the headline opposition elsewhere.

They had a fair old crowd last time they played, they actually seemed bigger to me then though. (Although I have since left the UK!)

Well, people seem interested in their new album but I agree they aren't anywhere near as popular it seems as on their last cycle (and tbh I wouldn't have called them NME headline material anyway. They're not even close to the size of say 1975 from last year. Would have pegged them as NME sub)

1 hour ago, Benj said:

The Hype was bigger for them on their debut for sure. I don't think most people even know they're back. This plays constantly in my work though so who knows. But I'm not a massive fan of Muse. I'll probably watch them until HAIM come on and finish my night there instead. Really wanted to see Neck Deep but they're going to clash so HAIM it is.

6 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

3 songs into Liam gallaghers set at glastonbury and he is sounding great and the crowd is huge. Be interesting to see the full set as it's likely to be the same as what he plays at reading. Can't wait for it!

Looks like it'll be this for the entire festival circuit. 

cceed32c99566d167b371b3f4e946c20.png

The average age at Glastonbury is over 40 now isn't it?

You'd imagine low mid 20s at Reading, so for the vast majority at Reading most wouldn't have been more than a few years old when Oasis where at their peak. So it may make for a different experience 

1 minute ago, Benj said:

The average age at Glastonbury is over 40 now isn't it?

You'd imagine low mid 20s at Reading, so for the vast majority at Reading most wouldn't have been more than a few years old when Oasis where at their peak. So it may make for a different experience 

I think he'll have a massive crowd at Leeds, but a way smaller one at Reading.

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think he'll have a massive crowd at Leeds, but a way smaller one at Reading.

I suspect it will be big at both, reaction to Rock n Roll star and Slide Away will likely be less though, as whilst huge songs at the time for those who 'were there', they're probably less well known amongst the younger crowds.

Its pretty much the equivalent of Page and Plant playing in '98, as someone who was then 20, I was firmly encamped at the Super Furry Animals in the tent. If there had been no one I liked in the tent, I would've been at Page and Plant but would've known nothing but the very biggest songs

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

I don't think Oasis are a band that are more liked south or north of England. I reckon the crowd will be similar in both.

I would agree if the age range was older, but I think with the <25's there is still the north/south divide in terms of who knows the oasis songs played (especially as he isn't doing the bigger hits e.g. DLBIA, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova etc.)

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I would agree if the age range was older, but I think with the <25's there is still the north/south divide in terms of who knows the oasis songs played (especially as he isn't doing the bigger hits e.g. DLBIA, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova etc.)

Some of the crowds at Glastonbury look pretty young to me! I think he'll get a huge crowd at both Reading and Leeds - we'll find out in August either way! 

25 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

The clash between Muse and Haim is becoming increasingly difficult to choose between, they played a great set at Glastonbury

HAIM would be too annoying to watch- some of the facial expressions they pull whilst singing are so odd...