2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dentalplan said:

But at the end of the day, Death Grips, Run the Jewels, Chance the Rapper and Denzel Curry touring right around R+L and they passed on each. What is that about?

This is what make that Blossoms booking really weird, it's not like they didn't have any other options.....

I'd have though RTJ would have been a certainty. Went down a storm the last time they played and they're promoting a new album. 

I know the festival has been getting more 'eclectic' with its day splits the past few years to encourage people to buy weekend tickets to see all of the acts they've want to see that are spread out, but this year just seems really messed up. That Muse day is plain weird. 

aight so looking at this full thing

friday’s Main Stage is typical as fuck and has somehow managed to look the most reputable even if i’ve never heard of Judas in my life 

saturday is fucking atrocious but Migos into ATDI is so hilariously pitchfork-lite in nature i might have to see it

sunday is clearly not finished but hahahahhahahahaahahhaahhahaa

weakest NME tent of all time, saved a little by Haim, Pond, Wiley, Frank Carter, and Marmozets, but they’re nowhere near enough

Kurupt FM on dance? safe. as is Noisia doing outer edges. they got Charli XCX but no PC Music? absolutely bizarre decision there

pit on friday is outright garbage + Puppy, saturday does better w Turbowolf, Vukovi, Tigercub and Casey, but the Lock Up is fucking fantastic w Muncie Girls, PWR BTTM and Sløtface, also it’s managed to be like, the most gender friendly stage, so that’s cool

friday FR is trash, saturday is FUCKING STRONG, sunday hahahahaha (shout out my boys King Nun)

Akala, Danny Brown, J Hus, Flatbush Zombies, and Vince Staples make up the diamonds in the trash that is the 1xtra

where are Death Grips

1 hour ago, Boba73 said:

Best line up for years, but I am a 20 plus year veteran...  Really looking forward to Liam.

As another 20 plus year Veteran I'd say its perhaps the 3rd worse Ive seen, proving your opinion is not based on your age or experience!

I have pretty much zero interest in Gallagher or indeed Eminem, stars I as excited to see when they headlined in the ear 00s (both were dung!).

Japandroids turning up is the only really highlight for me at this stage, tempered by the fact Grouplove will clash with Korn, but will no doubt find more I like when I listen to a lot Ive never even heard of!

Just now, dentalplan said:

Have a word pal.

Idles (you must like Idles), Big Moon, Off Bloom, Jagwar Ma, Cigarettes After Sex, The Districts... even that turd from Bombay Bicycle Club is much better than he has any right to be.

Idles and Big Moon I'll give ya. Jagwar Ma even too. The rest of it I'm just not on board w/ or I'm ignorant to I guess. 

But you're right, I do like Idles :P

7 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Idles and Big Moon I'll give ya. Jagwar Ma even too. The rest of it I'm just not on board w/ or I'm ignorant to I guess. 

But you're right, I do like Idles :P

Fair, they're the main three for me too.

It's just so damn unfair that there are that many top new acts on the undercard that I could just flit between stage every year but the upper reaches are that abysmal that it'd just make no sense to pay out the prices for ten half-hour sets a day.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair, they're the main three for me too.

It's just so damn unfair that there are that many top new acts on the undercard that I could just flit between stage every year but the upper reaches are that abysmal that it'd just make no sense to pay out the prices for ten half-hour sets a day.

Yeah that's where I'm stood too. If Sunday didn't have a theoretical 4 hour dead spot slap bang in the middle of the day, I could probably work with something because I need to see PWR BTTM in my hometown

3 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Am I the only surprised by the lack of Frank Turner in the announcement or will his obvious appearance be announced nearer the time?

No obvious reason why he'd be being held back, and I don't know where he'd play now all the main slots are taken.. possible he'd be a 'special guest' opener on the Main Stage again on Muse day, but the guy had to break his streak one day so may as well get it over with now 

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

No obvious reason why he'd be being held back, and I don't know where he'd play now all the main slots are taken.. possible he'd be a 'special guest' opener on the Main Stage again on Muse day, but the guy had to break his streak one day so may as well get it over with now 

Maybe Mongol Horde are the special guests in the Pit.Yay

31 minutes ago, thelemon said:

You all complain about there being no "new" headliners, and then a band like Blossoms gets third down and you're not happy with that either. They'll headline within a decade, R&L are just ahead of the trend.

I don't think people have any problem with pushing new bands up the line up, they problem is when it's someone as boring and bland as Blossoms, terrible band. 

15 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Yeah that's where I'm stood too. If Sunday didn't have a theoretical 4 hour dead spot slap bang in the middle of the day, I could probably work with something because I need to see PWR BTTM in my hometown

Yeah if you're lucky Vince Staples might fall into that gap.

And aye, me and my mates were hoping to catch PWR BTTM if they had a Leeds date or something but when this is their Leeds date and tix r ~£80, it's a nuisance.

Just now, thelemon said:

You all complain about there being no "new" headliners, and then a band like Blossoms gets third down and you're not happy with that either. They'll headline within a decade, R&L are just ahead of the trend.

Yeah, so they are a decade away from headlining. I would have expected them to be second/third down on NME this year, no way near subbing main.

By new headliners I just want all acts to be making there way up the lineup. New headliners/co-headliners could be like CHVRCHES, The 1975, BMTH, Royal Blood, Pendulum, Chase & Status, Catfish & The Bottlemen, The XX, Skrillex, Kendrick Lamar, Chance The Rapper, alt-J, Justice. Don Bronco, Gorillaz, Disturbed and the Prodigy. 

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, so they are a decade away from headlining. I would have expected them to be second/third down on NME this year, no way near subbing main.

By new headliners I just want all acts to be making there way up the lineup. New headliners/co-headliners could be like CHVRCHES, The 1975, BMTH, Royal Blood, Pendulum, Chase & Status, Catfish & The Bottlemen, The XX, Skrillex, Kendrick Lamar, Chance The Rapper, alt-J, Justice. Don Bronco, Gorillaz, Disturbed and the Prodigy. 

Don Broco? Lol. Some of the rest are a probably a stretch but defo a few future headliners in there