2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

The main reason bands will lie to people like you asking these questions is because they know whatever they say you'll plaster it over the Internet. 

It's fairly rare that they lie about it. It's just YMAS who you can't generally trust what they say.

Tbf if they're gonna make this thing work where they book younger-skewing bands for Download then not booking the same bands to fill out stages at R+L would be the way forward.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's fairly rare that they lie about it. It's just YMAS who you can't generally trust what they say.

Tbf if they're gonna make this thing work where they book younger-skewing bands for Download then not booking the same bands to fill out stages at R+L would be the way forward.

I dunno it's a lot riskier now. Say someone in a band says "yeah don't tell anyone mate but we're playing Download". Within 24 hours that will be plasted all over here, the Download forum, someone's probably tweeting Copping asking if he can confirm for sure etc. 

Agree that Download and Reading could do with not sharing too many bands. Don't think it helps any band apart from really small ones to play both all the time anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

will royal blood be lighting up reading/leeds this year?

Very unlikely. Rumour was they were going to sub Muse but highly doubt it and will probably return next year to co headline or even headline. You can be hopeful though, no one really has any idea who is going to be announced in the end.

1 hour ago, Finding leto14 said:

will royal blood be lighting up reading/leeds this year?

I can't see them returning to Reading/Leeds until they have released a new album. They've already played the festival twice with just their first album out. I think they are a strong shout for a sub/co-headliner next year depending on how much success their 2nd album has. 

6 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Royal Blood have got to be dropping something soon. I hope it's big. I enjoyed their first album but they might have to switch up their sound a little for the next album? Hold on them for a year and let them sub Queens of the Stone Age :wub:

I cant see QOTSA headlining outright and RB will probably be their size by then but I also think their sound will get boring quick. They aren't at the stage yet of being got to headline themselves on their 2nd year but a sub could happen.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, mozza77 said:

What's the possibility of either Kaiser Chiefs, Dizzee Rascal or Jamie xx appearing??

Jamie xx I think is pretty much a 0% chance because as was mentioned earlier The xx are at Rock En Seine and would have to be off the stage here and onstage in France within a couple of hours. And even if that weren't the case I think it would be quite odd if he were to randomly take time off touring with the band to do a solo slot at R&L.

The others I suppose are possibilities, could see either going down well, but I'm not sure if FR might think they're not relevant enough. I'd say Kaisers are the more likely of the two.

7 minutes ago, thelemon said:

And even if that weren't the case I think it would be quite odd if he were to randomly take time off touring with the band to do a solo slot at R&L

He's playing Lovebox Festival, and it's not listed as an exclusive. 

Don't see why he couldn't do Friday Reading, Saturday Leeds, Sunday Rock En Seine. Plenty of people do it. Could go on after YM@6.

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

He's playing Lovebox Festival, and it's not listed as an exclusive. 

Don't see why he couldn't do Friday Reading, Saturday Leeds, Sunday Rock En Seine. Plenty of people do it. Could go on after YM@6.

Knew someone would find another festival he's playing. I suppose it's possible, but it depends what day he's playing RES, because I don't know when he is. I very much doubt he'd sub because he's not big enough on his own and he hasn't got enough material, but he wouldn't play lower than headlining on the NME, so it would definitely have to be the Leeds Friday/Reading Sunday. If he's in France on the Saturday it's definitely possible. Unless you think another day is more likely for R&L? I mean YM@6 have confirmed they're headlining the NME, not sure how likely a closing set from Jamie is.

Having said all that I'd love to see him there, I think he's great. Although I'd be a bit annoyed that they booked him over the full band.

21 hours ago, thelemon said:

Knew someone would find another festival he's playing. I suppose it's possible, but it depends what day he's playing RES, because I don't know when he is. I very much doubt he'd sub because he's not big enough on his own and he hasn't got enough material, but he wouldn't play lower than headlining on the NME, so it would definitely have to be the Leeds Friday/Reading Sunday. If he's in France on the Saturday it's definitely possible. Unless you think another day is more likely for R&L? I mean YM@6 have confirmed they're headlining the NME, not sure how likely a closing set from Jamie is.

Having said all that I'd love to see him there, I think he's great. Although I'd be a bit annoyed that they booked him over the full band.

I've read papers on quantum loop gravity which are easier to read than this :lol:

According to RES website, The XX are playing there on the Sunday. That frees up the Friday (Reading), Saturday (Leeds). 

Looking at Previous NME closers we've had Knife Party/ Nero/ 2manyDjs I'd say Jamie xx was comparable to these in regards to popularity, I reckon he'd be a great closer. I'd ordinarily say he'd be a good NME sub as back in 2015 when he released "In Colour", he was 5th down on the NME. but I can't see Jamie XX -> YM@6! It's a shame it can't be Jamie XX -> Flume.

Stormzy's doing V Festival and Enter Shikari have said they're not playing R+L so I wouldn't expect either of those. Not sure about Jake Bugg's situation but he's free Friday and Saturday so probably will actually end up on Kasabian day, the shitsack. No idea about Tycho.

Expect to see HO99O9 appear off the Pukkelpop announcement. Probably NME but maybe even Main Stage - their lead single off the album seems like their break for the mainstream so might wanna do that shit.

Jake Bugg could do 4th down main on Kasabian's day.

Kasabian > Bastille > TDCC > Jake Bugg > JEW

Could do third or fourth down on the Eminem day.

Eminem > Major Lazer > Korn/Jake Bugg > ATDI

Fits in much better on the Kasabian day, wouldn't JEW have been a better booking for the Eminem day? 

Not sure he'd take that given he subbed last time but I think his stock has fallen a bit, even though his new stuff is still fairly decent. Could do the secret set.

3 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Jake Bugg could do 4th down main on Kasabian's day.

Kasabian > Bastille > TDCC > Jake Bugg > JEW

Could do third or fourth down on the Eminem day.

Eminem > Major Lazer > Korn/Jake Bugg > ATDI

Fits in much better on the Kasabian day, wouldn't JEW have been a better booking for the Eminem day? 

Not sure he'd take that given he subbed last time but I think his stock has fallen a bit, even though his new stuff is still fairly decent. Could do the secret set.

Yes JEW would have been, that the thing that's annoying about it all, bar the fact it's shit generally.