• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, poeticjustice said:

They are subbing to Muse.

Skepta playing 3rd on that day.

Chance headlining the NME.

Skepta's gotta be big enough to be 2nd given the other days this year surely..... And aren't The XX going to be doing Glasto this year so probably not R+L too?

Edited by Mattymooz

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Skepta's gotta be big enough to be 2nd given the other days this year surely..... And aren't The XX going to be doing Glasto this year so probably not R+L too?

They're not headlining Glasto, so they're fine to play Reading and Leeds. Both Foals and Disclosure did last year.

3rd seems about right for him considering that it's only one slot up from where he played with Boy Better Know. His latest album didn't reach number 1 either, unlike Bastille's and The XX's which is usually what bumps artists up to sub/headline level, although Major Lazer's didn't even hit top 20 to be fair.

14 minutes ago, poeticjustice said:

I think skepta will either sub or play NME this year if he plays, he's definitely bigger than chance in the UK, personally would love to see:
Muse, Skepta, London Grammar and then the XX headlining NME

27 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

I think skepta will either sub or play NME this year if he plays, he's definitely bigger than chance in the UK, personally would love to see:
Muse, Skepta, London Grammar and then the XX headlining NME

Still think the xx is unlikely but if they are playing they would defo be subbing.

46 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

I'm sure this has already been discussed, the XX are playing Rock En Seine on the Sunday, so unless they can get themselves and all their equipment/stage show from Reading to France in a matter of hours, then they won't sub Muse

From Leeds, to France, to reading within 48 hours? Very unlikely...

Edited by jakecase

Think it would actually be leaving stage at Reading and stepping on stage in Paris in under one hour.

2 hours ago, poeticjustice said:

I can't see FR undercutting their own festival by offering two Wireless headliners on the same undercard at Reading. Don't suppose it's impossible they could both play in some capacity but they'd play prominent slots on different days.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Performing at Reading & Leeds, Creamfields and SW4 over a two day period too. Busy weekend. Hoping Tchami will do the same.

Tchami I would have said is now at a stage where he would be headlining the dance stage no? (though I would have said the same about Noisia and Dillon Francis but there we go) I guess he could be on the NME stage too maybe?

15 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tchami I would have said is now at a stage where he would be headlining the dance stage no? (though I would have said the same about Noisia and Dillon Francis but there we go) I guess he could be on the NME stage too maybe?

Yeah I'd say he's around the size of a typical headliner for the stage, but since R&L are competing / sharing acts with those other fests acts often appear in slots irrespective of their size. Pretty unlikely he'd appear but he's low down on the bill at SW4 so could maybe do an evening at Reading. Leeds & Creams on different days so wouldn't be an issue.

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah I'd say he's around the size of a typical headliner for the stage, but since R&L are competing / sharing acts with those other fests acts often appear in slots irrespective of their size. Pretty unlikely he'd appear but he's low down on the bill at SW4 so could maybe do an evening at Reading. Leeds & Creams on different days so wouldn't be an issue.

TBh yeah I could see that as he is on so early at SW4. They have a ton of DNB atm so some more house is always welcome. That or his Malaa alias would be doooooope

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Just spoke to Creeper's drummer having a smoke outside the Manchester gig tonight and he said they aren't doing R&L this year. 

Possible they just aren't allowed to let anyone know if they're playing or not before it's announced? Shame if they aren't though, was hoping they would. 

22 hours ago, Peskybee said:

We must be approaching the "big poster" announcement soon..  Going on this website makes me so damn impatient! I think it's usually early April, am I right?

Last year's last big announcement wasn't until the 3rd week of April but given things have come earlier this year I'd not be surprised by end of the 1st week/2nd week.