2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bastille headlined the tent at Parklife last year and The 1975 are headlining the festival.

That was before Bastilles second album came out though (and after The 1975's second album has come out) so it isn't a completely fair comparison.

However, I agree though that now after both sophomore albums are out, The 1975's definitely had a better reception than Bastilles (Bastilles was better than their first but for some reason no one has really talked about it whereas ILIWYS got a ton of awards and hype behind it even though imo it was a lot more samey and not very different compared to their first album). Either way I think this is just more evidence that Bastille are headlining the NME, as I don't think they could manage subbing directly as they aren't as popular as The 1975 (They are also a lot more polarising, people seem to either love or hate Bastille)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

That was before Bastilles second album came out though (and after The 1975's second album has come out) so it isn't a completely fair comparison.

However, I agree though that now after both sophomore albums are out, The 1975's definitely had a better reception than Bastilles (Bastilles was better than their first but for some reason no one has really talked about it whereas ILIWYS got a ton of awards and hype behind it even though imo it was a lot more samey and not very different compared to their first album). Either way I think this is just more evidence that Bastille are headlining the NME, as I don't think they could manage subbing directly as they aren't as popular as The 1975 (They are also a lot more polarising, people seem to either love or hate Bastille)

I don't even think that hate is appropriate. People either like Bastille or they just don't give a fuck about them at all. Because they're crap. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Yes, they were. 

They clearly weren't, they went on to sell out an arena tour afterwards whereas Bastille had already been there and done that and subbed at the same festival on a day that sold out the quickest by a mile!

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I don't even think that hate is appropriate. People either like Bastille or they just don't give a fuck about them at all. Because they're crap. 

They're both shit though.

46 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They clearly weren't, they went on to sell out an arena tour afterwards whereas Bastille had already been there and done that and subbed at the same festival on a day that sold out the quickest by a mile!

They're both shit though.

Nah. Matt Healy is actually a bloody great songwriter. 

Yeah I've really got into the latest 1975 record and that's with me wanting to hate it, cos I still think they come across as twats. But I couldn't ignore it after hearing Love Me and The Sound. It's actually a really interesting listen. Gonna have to give the first album a revisit but I didn't like it at all at the time.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I've really got into the latest 1975 record and that's with me wanting to hate it, cos I still think they come across as twats. But I couldn't ignore it after hearing Love Me and The Sound. It's actually a really interesting listen. Gonna have to give the first album a revisit but I didn't like it at all at the time.

Listen to the EPs. Some of their best tracks are on them. 

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

This. I wish they'd keep You, Milk & Undo in their recent setlists. 

Saw them up in Newcastle at the end of last year and they put Undo and Milk in to the setlist. 

Was so good hearing the older tunes again and yes, their old EP's are very good. 

Haunt//Bed, Me, Anobrain to name a few of my favourites from them.

5 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

They have been touring non-stop for ages, I just wonder if they will ever have a break!

I mean I don't think they will play (especially as they played there last year, may do Glasto or something instead) but if they were gonna play, I'd say 3rd down main or NME headliner (Heck, Flume one a grammy last night as well and there is no way he is gonna get on the Main Stage sooo)

1 hour ago, Cammers said:

Saw them up in Newcastle at the end of last year and they put Undo and Milk in to the setlist. 

Was so good hearing the older tunes again and yes, their old EP's are very good. 

Haunt//Bed, Me, Anobrain to name a few of my favourites from them.

Milk isn't my favourite track they've ever done. Woman is also a personal favourite from the EPs. Heads Cars Bending used to sound so good live, too. 

As for 21P, they'd sub the Main Stage comfortably. They're so hot right now. I just wish everywhere would stop calling them a f**king rock band. 

Edited by Andre91