2017 festival

kaosmark2

can't see Royal Blood playing lower at every other festival next year and then going on to headline in 2018 - doesn't ever really happen does it? just makes it seem like an even weaker booking, plus as i think Foos will be one of the headliners in 2018 i doubt they'd have em both topping the bill. not sure what that means for Royal Blood and R/L - maybe they will just sub this year and nobody was willing to take the punt on them as a headliner, especially not when it looks like they've got three bonafide ticket sellers in place already

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

can't see Royal Blood playing lower at every other festival next year and then going on to headline in 2018 - doesn't ever really happen does it? just makes it seem like an even weaker booking, plus as i think Foos will be one of the headliners in 2018 i doubt they'd have em both topping the bill. not sure what that means for Royal Blood and R/L - maybe they will just sub this year and nobody was willing to take the punt on them as a headliner, especially not when it looks like they've got three bonafide ticket sellers in place already

So first year of the album is too soon and the second year is too late? :lol:

I dunno, I guess we'll see. They seem like the most obvious 'future headliner' in a decade and if a sinking Muse are continuing their kill streak of headlining festivals over acts warranting a bump up then it's pretty grim.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Royal Blood below Muse would be a really strong booking. 

No haha, it would just be a booking, Pendulum below Muse would be a really strong booking. Seriously some of you get your heads out of your arse! Remember Muse are a European Exclusive because there is bugger all for them to play except for this fest 3 years in anyway.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No haha, it would just be a booking, Pendulum below Muse would be a really strong booking. Seriously some of you get your heads out of your arse! Remember Muse are a European Exclusive because there is bugger all for them to play except for this fest 3 years in anyway.

Royal Blood would be considerably stronger. One of the biggest up and coming British bands for quite some time, compared to Pendulum, a band who even in their peak didn't manage to sub-headline Reading & Leeds. 

Although with the Headliners they've seemingly pulled off they don't particularly need as strong sub-headliners.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Royal Blood are the most clear-cut, obvious future headliner of the past decade who are seemingly going to be promoting a new album after a hugely successful debut that saw them become a massive household name out of nowhere. Pendulum are a band who nobody really knows what they are doing, whose sound is dated as fuck and arguably wouldn't be as popular upon their return as they were at their peak. 

Both would be huge bookings, but in the grand scheme of things, Royal Blood in a sub position would be the bigger coup. Especially below Muse, who, no matter how much you argue they are over exposed, are a genuine stadium band the world over and an instant ticket shifter in this country. 

Edited by Andre91

48 minutes ago, Little Sparrow said:

Royal Blood would be considerably stronger. One of the biggest up and coming British bands for quite some time, compared to Pendulum, a band who even in their peak didn't manage to sub-headline Reading & Leeds. 

Although with the Headliners they've seemingly pulled off they don't particularly need as strong sub-headliners.

Just to clear up, a Pendulum reunion would be massive for a lot of people and the last time they played Reading was 2010, they were huge the following year. They did break up which kind of put a spanner in the works, it's  other like they continued and never got asked.

28 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

My guesses for the three NME headliners are, as of right now, Clean Bandit, Bastille and You Me At Six. Makes a pretty depressing read. I'm desperate for something unexpected: Vampire Weekend, Weezer, or Enter Shikari.

Are Clean Bandit that popular? I don't remember hearing anything of theirs apart from Rather Be.

18 minutes ago, Little Sparrow said:

Are Clean Bandit that popular? I don't remember hearing anything of theirs apart from Rather Be.

I thought so too but they've been burning up the singles charts. Think V will probably nab them but aye they could be NME headliners.

I expect Flume to be one of the NME headliners given he's got European festivals around the time. Would be pretty good too, possibly the best thing headlining the top two stages.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I expect Flume to be one of the NME headliners given he's got European festivals around the time. Would be pretty good too, possibly the best thing headlining the top two stages.

is Flume really that big? maybe a closing set but i'd expect him to have an actual headliner on before him

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I thought so too but they've been burning up the singles charts. Think V will probably nab them but aye they could be NME headliners.

Muse have been announced as headliners dental mate.