Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last weekend of this Sziget had big names (kasabian, LOL & martin Garix) and the festival became packed with day trippers (im guessing hungarian locals)

I wander how that will work next year with it being wed - wed? will the last mon,tue,wed have the big names? but that will hinder the day locals due to work e.t.c?? or will they stick the big names on the weekend still, but they may hinder the "feel" of the closing festival??

anyway......cant wait for next year!! :)

I just think that this way they can "take" names from both Oya/WayOutWest/Flow and Pukkelpop/Lowlands/Frequency weeks as the festival is across two weeks and this sounds very good for the lineup.

Anyway this 2015 edition it's been just sick! One of the best I've been to! 

Flight wise it'll be worth looking into Norwegian when they let you book for August (Which I guess will be next month) - I think if I remember correctly they fly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Gatwick, which would potentially be perfect. Could be wrong though!

Headliner wise it does seem safe to assume that Sziget will get whoever's doing the rounds on the European circuit... Anyone have any ideas about who might be?

Foo Fighters are playing Glasto, Werchter and Pinkpop for sure, so I don't know if they'll be around in August.

Muse may be around in August this time. And I also think Arctic Monkeys will be back on tour and as last time they did a June-July european tour I think maybe it's time for an August tour.

My dreams would be Metallica and Pearl Jam. I'd be super happy with The National that should be back from a year off.  Iron Maiden will have a tour for sure (and they are Sziget friendly as they played 2008 and 2010). A lot of rumors are also talking about a last Coldplay tour. 

Headliner wise I'd like to see one (or a couple of) of: Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Biffy Clyro, Depeche Mode, Faith No More.

I also think Skrillex should have the end party next year. 

More generally it'd be neat to see some of: Porter Robinson, Royal Blood, Years & Years, Madeon, Weezer, Zedd.

Headliner wise I'd like to see one (or a couple of) of: Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Biffy Clyro, Depeche Mode, Faith No More.

I also think Skrillex should have the end party next year. 

More generally it'd be neat to see some of: Porter Robinson, Royal Blood, Years & Years, Madeon, Weezer, Zedd.

some very good points there!! :)  i thought Martin Garix was shit and was a poor end to an amazing festival. i would love the Foo's to play!

some very good points there!! :)  i thought Martin Garix was shit and was a poor end to an amazing festival. i would love the Foo's to play!

Aye, Garrix and Aviici were pants - but the crowd went wild for them. Chemical Brothers or Prodigy next year wouldn't go amiss...

I actually enjoyed Garrix a lot more than I was expecting!

i liked about 6 mins of his set....then he just carried on playing that repetitive shit he does. Fire works were ok, was expecting a bit more to be honest though. The big floppy glow stick things were cool :)      Prodigy or chemical brothers would be amazing!!!!! cant see them booking them as a closing act though.

I went and watched C2C in the A38 later that night. they were ace but they didnt have any of the video screens working or those big circular lighting rigs that went all the way along the tent roof.

@doobie ninja just a little off topic. I see you went to a lot of festivals too si, if you had to chose one, which one you think is the best "festival experience"? I'm not talking about the lineup, the mood, the weather, the extra music activities or other single things but the overall festival experience. :)

Edited by ilbeyene

This year was mental! Totally loved it! 

About next year's lineup: I can't really see Foo Fighters touring until august 2016, they'll do those june festivals they missed and they'll probably take some time off. They don't tour for 2 years in a row like linkin park :) 

Coldplay of course are rumored to tour all summer, but who knows if they'll do festivals (maybe only glasto). Green day are likely to come back with a proper tour, that's one of my guesses for a big name of Sziget 2016. Also Sum 41 just announced they'll come back with new material soon, I think they can have a position like limp bizkit or so. Some old school like Metallica, Maiden, Radiohead or Pearl Jam would be a dream, very expensive though, let's see the direction the festival wants to follow.

Blur had an album out but they did just some dates, not a proper tour, maybe? About solo artists I really don't know who could headline one or more nights. Definitely a pop headliner as often, and maybe a hiphop headliner but it's hard to find names. Rihanna is massively talking about an album but idk. 

About electronics I really hope one day we can have something like Disclosure live closing one night. Yeah Skrillex would be ace for the End show, but I can also see happening something like Armin van Buuren (good) or Tiesto (not so good now). 

I'm definitely not saying all this things are happening together ahaha, I just hope 2 of the artists I wish are available and possible, just to dream a little bit. But, as always, when I arrive I don't really give a fu*k about headliners 

If Disclosure's second album turns out as big as their first, then it won't be too much of a stretch to see them headlining a day next year. They're exactly the sort of act the festival is leaning towards as the years go on, and they're very popular - Half the DJ's this year were still playing Latch. 

That second album comes out very soon, so we'll soon see if it helps boost them!