lindisfarne festival

goldiegrey

is anyone going to the inaugural Lindisfarne festival? any thoughts on it. I love the fact that it is so small and beautiful location. Not really interested in any of the bands -  although i bet i am inspired by them when i see them! Just like camping - drinking beer for breakfast and generally being at a festival! forgetting about real life and work.............

Any insider info or rumours going around?

I have to confess I didn't even know about this festival (though I live in the North East) sadly I doubt I'll be attending.

That said I notice that Johnny Dickinson is on the line up! Which is just fantastic news. For those not familiar with Johnny he is a tremendously talented slide blues player. But the most awesome part of this news is that he is back playing, he has been fighting cancer for three years and this is the first time I've seen him listed to play anywhere!

Fair made my day!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 3:24 PM, goldiegrey said:

Anyone going this year? this festival needs support - it was beautiful last year

Heading there for the first time this year, really looking forward to it! I wonder if you can help clarify something if you went last year - it says on the website 'strictly no fire marks on the ground' so does this mean no fires at all in the campsite or would we be ok taking a small fire pit / chimenea do you think? I see photos of people using BBQs on stands so would assume that would be ok, did you see people with small campsite fires last year at all?

• 4 months later...

Reminder for those thinking about this in 2017 - early bird ticket prices are frozen until 31/1/17

Have finally got the chance to go so looking forward to this. People I know who have been loved it.

Only strange thing is that the website states first lineup announcement on 18/1/17 but nothing put out yet as of 22/1..here's hoping all is well with the festival :)

• 1 month later...

Lindisfarne Festival full headline lineup being released on Monday, for anyone going, or considering it.

A few smaller ones already announced:

http://www.lindisfarnefestival.com/index.php/lineup/2017-lineup

GF, Latitude and this - going to be a full summer!!

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I had a bad week last week for publishing embargo'd news.... I managed to do it twice. More care required.

Thanks for not repeating it here. :)

It's announced first thing tomorrow.

Ah, must have missed that in the hysteria surrounding the Foos.

Still, after watching that live stream, the upside is that I can be fairly sure that they won't be at Beal Farm and I am not unhappy about that :).

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jamj said:

Got an email with a spotify playlist, and think you may be able to make some assumptions from it!

Oh go on.....I don't do Facebook or spotify and I can't be bothered to create an account.

What are the assumptions?

Edit.....can see the playlist direct on the website, but only features acts already announced....or am I missing something?

Edited by Copperface

15 hours ago, Copperface said:

Oh go on.....I don't do Facebook or spotify and I can't be bothered to create an account.

What are the assumptions?

Edit.....can see the playlist direct on the website, but only features acts already announced....or am I missing something?

I spotted scooby snacks on there, but the fun lovin criminals aren't on the line poster as far as I can see....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

First time going to this festival. Looking forward to a small festival for a change. Would be great if anyone could answer some questions. I see Friday and Saturday goes on till about 4 but what about the Thursday?  Also how busy does the camping area get? Is there any restrictions on the amount of alcohol you can take into the campsite? Any help would be great.