Who are you wanting as headline acts ?

ramragon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be punching above Kendal's Weight here but I would go wtih....

Thursday - Chic and Nile Rodgers (Party from start to finish)

Friday - The Hives (energy personified)

Saturday - Foals (perennial undercard favs on most festivals) 

Sunday -  Jamie T (For the yoof) 

I`d buy a ticket for this. Saw Chic twice in 2013 at festivals. Nile Rodgers may be a bit of a fud but they bring the tunes  :dancer:

Jamie T would go down a storm at KC. I think him or Jake Bugg would be a good fit.

New Order will be out and about doing festivals next summer. I reckon they are a shoe in to headline Kendal.

I sincerely hope not , its not that New Order are shite its just the bell ends they bring with them ! I dont care about FAC51 or what ever ! It was bad enough this year with the Elbow ale drinking brigade !

Honestly if New order play Kc next year my tickets are for sale !!!!!

Keep that kind of shite where it belongs .............Festival No 6 !!!!! 

These will be out and about I`d imagine next year. Would like to see them at KC. Think this is their new single. Seen them a couple of times. Really good live :)

https://youtu.be/7XrTEjwpAjU

Saw them at Glastonbury in 2014...really enjoyed their set. Going to see them in Manchester in November.....where do you think they'd play at KC? Calling Out headliner maybe?

Saw them at Glastonbury in 2014...really enjoyed their set. Going to see them in Manchester in November.....where do you think they'd play at KC? Calling Out headliner maybe?

Enjoy Manchester. I saw them on the last tour and have seen them twice at T. First time in the new band tent.

Hard to place where they would play at KC. Not sure if the yooth are still into them ?

I`d guess main stage but not headliner.

The bloke sings as well  but she is by far my fave   :wub:  

Would be good in the tent. Probably headliner in there ?

I sincerely hope not , its not that New Order are shite its just the bell ends they bring with them ! I dont care about FAC51 or what ever ! It was bad enough this year with the Elbow ale drinking brigade !

I`m confused.

Isn`t the Lake District in Manchester ?

:ninja:

very surprised Chvrches haven't been to Kendal yet, although I think the last 2 years they've been touring America. I see Foals have come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months, I can see them getting a headline spot if they carry on their ascent into next year. Either that or sub to someone like Noel Gallagher? Dance-wise would love to see Disclosure and/or Rudimental but can't see it happening as Disclosure will have a residency in Ibiza and Rudimental don't seem to venture north very often.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/08/2015 at 9:57 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

Nah way would they pay that mate ! I would be Suprised if they spent anywhere near that on all 5 headliners

I thought it was steep TBH, but like I said; he would definitely know. However that is not the same as "he would definitely share that knowledge without severe embellishment". 

There's not many acts out of KC's league now, so New Order are not headline material IMO. But following my theory of hit, miss, hit etc  alternating years they are a good possibility for next year following this year's 'hit' line up. I really expected Calvin Harris for the tenth anniversary, maybe next year?

On 9/14/2015 at 5:10 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

I agree that the Elbow ale drinkers were a bit of a problem, but honestly I don't think the general atmosphere can be blamed on just them when Snoop was playing...

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not all of them.

Indeed. Would like to see the specials or madness as I've always missed them over the years for one reason or another. 

Saw madness were announced for Bella earlier so guess that counts them out for wickerman. Alabama 3 also in that announcement.  Would like to see them again :-)