Can you visit worthy farm during the year?

brightyoungthing

And how do you go about doing so, do you need to contact anybody etc. as it's obviously private land?

My parents are in Glastonbury village in a couple of months, and would like to take the opportunity to see where their daughter has been disappearing to every june all these years... They'd literally just want a wander round (probably look at the pyramid stage frame and the stone circle)..... is this even possible?

All help massively appreciated :)

Thank you! Do you have to report to an office or tell them you're arriving in advance? They'd massively hate to do something to p*ss anyone off!

No reporting needed - when we have been we just walked onto the farm on the public paths.

As long as you respect it being a working farm there should be no problems.

• 8 months later...

I visited the farm in September (see my profile pic!), however when I tried to visit in May last year they told me that access wouldn't be permitted.

Definitely contact the office to check before you go, especially in the next few months.

We spent a whole day there, it's a lovely place to visit and a really good walk. We had an overweight dog with us and I don't think she's ever walked so far!

I emailed them and received a reply saying that we could walk anywhere as long as we complied with the countryside code, shutting gates etc and not upsetting the animals etc.

We had a great day, also with a dog, and it looks so different without the festival but still with a few teasers that remind you as you walk around.  Lovely place, lovely people

We have just returned home to Salisbury having visited the farm TODAY! We did email the festival office first.

We drove into Mary's gate, parked the car and walked straight down the lane. Lots of guys around busy on site with diggers etc but they waved and we felt free to walk anywhere and take pictures. We sat for a while at stone circle...very peaceful.

Great fun trying to work out where everything normally is at the festival. Some bits easy and some not!! We didn't see a single cow!

The grass is about six inches high but the ground is very, very wet. Needs to dry out a lot.

Was a wonderful morning and reminded us just how much walking you have to do!!!

• Upvote 1

We really must make the effort to contact the farm and visit out-of-season one day, as we only live about an hour away and enjoy weekend trips to Somerset.  However, on our way back from Glastonbury town today we drove via the Worthy Farm area and stopped to take a quick photo of the site from the south west of the site.  We could just see the cows in the yard.  Really looking forward to the festival now, haven't been since the muddy year of 2007 and I'll be volunteering for the first time this year.

Glastosmall1.jpg

Glastosmall2.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hello folks. Contemplating a trip down to Glastonbury area in the coming weeks and thinking it would be nice to have a wander around the site. Has anyone done this in recent years? Is the info above still accurate and the farm owners are quite happy about it as long as you respect the farm and keep to the countryside code? Looking at walking something resembling the below. Cheers.

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 09.50.26.png

2 hours ago, lac999 said:

Hello folks. Contemplating a trip down to Glastonbury area in the coming weeks and thinking it would be nice to have a wander around the site. Has anyone done this in recent years? Is the info above still accurate and the farm owners are quite happy about it as long as you respect the farm and keep to the countryside code?

No.

For the past few months, the Festival have asked, repeatedly, that nobody visits for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My husband and I were staying near Glastonbury town last week, so he emailed the festival office to ask if we could go onsite, they replied:

The public footpath is open for walking. For the avoidance of doubt, the stone tracks across the site are not public footpaths. The only public footpath on Worthy Farm is below the playing fields across to Worthy Lane, but this does not extend past the Festival offices.

Following government advice, and for the safety of those currently living and working on Worthy Farm and neighbouring farms, it’s really important to social distance as much as possible, so we ask you please respect that the farm is private land which is not open to the public.

As you can see from the message they aren't encouraging people onto the site itself, but the public footpaths are open. So we went, and we walked the public footpath, which really was a short walk, sort of above the festival site, looking down over the pyramid stage. So we got a couple of photos from afar, and saw a few cows. We then drove round part of the perimeter of the site, and saw some recognisable areas such as Pedestrian Gate C and signs in the style of the festival. It was nice to do, as we were staying nearby but I wouldn't make a special trip or expect to spend long there. 

• 2 years later...