EOTR first-timer campervan and arrival question

monominxer

Hi, first EOTR and very excited (used to go to Big Chill festivals at Lamer Tree before they moved) Anyway, we have bought a campervan pass so we can camp with my bro who's got a campervan, but our van isn't exactly a live-invehicle, it's our work van but we do sleep in it at festivals.  I'm wondering how strict EOTR are about ordinary vehicles in this field?

Also, are the pitches pegged/marked or is it  case of go (respectfully) where you want?

Do people arrive way ahead of opening like at some festys or should we just turn up when it opens.

Thanks in advance and hope you have an ace time! x

Edited by monominxer

Hi. Cant help on the pitches/ pegging issues, but the campervan area is well signposted. Generally arrive around 3-30pm on thursday, and join a reasonable queue but nothing too scary. Best festy around. Hope this helps.

Another campervan newbie here. 

Does the campervan area open at 1pm along with the car parks?

I don't think I could stand the wait 'till 3pm :)

we arrived at about 3pm last year and there were campervans already parked up, so they must have opened up early. The queues weren't bad at all and got better later on. There is loads of room in the campervan field. Pitches are pegged out. Good loos and showers and not too far to walk to festival site.

The site is flat too, which is great.

Edited by juliadevitt

we arrived at about 3pm last year and there were campervans already parked up, so they must have opened up early. The queues weren't bad at all and got better later on. There is loads of room in the campervan field. Pitches are pegged out. Good loos and showers and not too far to walk to festival site.

The site is flat too, which is great.

Sounds great jd, thanks for that.

Really looking forward to it now. It's been a long time since we've done a 'new' festival.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering how strict EOTR are about ordinary vehicles in this field?

Not very, as far as I can remember. I've only taken a camper van once, but there were all-sorts of vehicles in the field. I seem to remember one couple just had their car and tent. In other words, they were willing to pay £70 so that they could drive to their pitch and put up a tent rather than lug everything from the car park. Any sort of van will be fine, I would think.