VIP (Joke)

jjs999jjs

Well now that it's all over, I wanted to mention what I thought of the VIP area which costs around £120 more than the average ticket price.

Now let's see what that got you.

1. An area where you could sit down on the six table/benches

2. A bar same prices as outside but with glass bottles of cider which most slipped down their pants and walked out to the arena with.

3. Two food stalls which were also out in the main arena area.

4. A row of 'toilets' with 3 cubicles in each one with hot and cold running water. (no plugs or paper towels) POINTLESS!!

5. Shit all over the floor in cubicles.

6. Nothing else...

So for £120 extra you got to call yourself a VIP but IMHO got ripped off. I guess the smart move was to buy a REFRESH ticket.

Feel free to reply with your own VIP experience.

Refresh this year was a bloody waste of money because the facilities were much poorer than last year. Looked like there were far fewer toilets and showers, but way too far for a quick visit from most campsites. And also, unlike last year,inaccessible for easy access from the arena. Last year, I managed between Citizen T and Refresh to avoid portaloos altogether. This year, despite shelling out for both Tangerine Fields and Refresh for me and my daughter, ie over £200 extra, was subjected to literally more shit than I've ever experienced in my life.....

Edited by kezzawizz

They've had this so-called VIP area since I started going to T. Except back then it was called 'Hospitality' and was only open to corporate partners, guestlist and competition winners. It's basically clean toilets and a cash bar. Mind you, with the whole site being cash this year, it wasn't that much of a bonus. I was in there in 2007 and saw Alexa Chung moping around cos she wasn't getting recognised.

Ended up in there again on Friday (through guestlist) and it's still the exact same as it was back then, only difference is they now call it VIP and charge regular punters £100 to get in.

One complaint about it - who thought decking in the Scottish rain among drunk people was a good idea? I spectacularly stacked it after Kasabian cos it was so slippery. Not good.

Edited by Stuart1000

Actually thought I missed something as I couldn't figure out what the extra £120 was for!! Luckily I got the VIP access for free or I would've been really p*ssed off. At other festivals you get free food and viewing areas in the arena.

The toilets were better than the portaloos, had toilet roll whenever I was there, and the DJ in the bar was pretty good (the boy who was DJing from a giant mirrorball.)  We sheltered from the rain for a while on the Saturday...