aye the camp-site is just idyllic these days........

devilman

Must suck meeting your pupils at festivals too. You won't be able to let your hair down properly.

Not at all! Don't know where you come from but my pupils fully respect their teachers having lives outside school. They think it's really cool seeing any of us there. It's mainly ex pupils and the odd senior that I bump into, but really what happens outside school with us, stays outside school!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only headlined once in 2009. They just feel like horrible repeats because they played both years previous to that. They are due a return and it wouldn't be a bad thing IMO but I'm not sure they are still headline material, especially for T, so they'd probably go elsewhere. Apart from "sex on Fire" I've never seen such a flat mainstage crowd in 2009. It was embarrassing. I enjoyed the set however.

• 4 weeks later...

I was only guilty (to them) of having an English accent in Scotland.

Thing is, I moved to scotland in the early 90s and have lived here ever since. Strong English accent. Never not once given grief over it. And I live on a nails Maryhill housing scheme and have been all over the place including some reet rough parties.

Perhaps there was more to it than your accent alone?

It just seems amazing to me how some English people seem to attract grief within the first five minutes of getting here and the rest of us can be up here twenty or thirty years and not get it once.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is, I moved to scotland in the early 90s and have lived here ever since. Strong English accent. Never not once given grief over it. And I live on a nails Maryhill housing scheme and have been all over the place including some reet rough parties.

Perhaps there was more to it than your accent alone?

It just seems amazing to me how some English people seem to attract grief within the first five minutes of getting here and the rest of us can be up here twenty or thirty years and not get it once.

what's amazing is that abuse of the English for being English is a well-known happening in Scotland, and yet you use your personal anecdote to try and claim I must have made it up.

Have all the others made it up too? Are the Scots who know it happens and admit it happens making it up to? :rolleyes:

what's amazing is that abuse of the English for being English is a well-known happening in Scotland, and yet you use your personal anecdote to try and claim I must have made it up.

Have all the others made it up too? Are the Scots who know it happens and admit it happens making it up to? :rolleyes:

Viberunner appears to be highlighting the norm in Scotland.  I think you'd struggle to find many English folks that get abuse up here for simply being English.

Christ knows who you bumped into Neil but you must have been very unlucky.

Viberunner appears to be highlighting the norm in Scotland. I think you'd struggle to find many English folks that get abuse up here for simply being English.

Christ knows who you bumped into Neil but you must have been very unlucky.

I didn't say it was the norm, I said it is known to happen.

And - them bumping into me - pissed Scots at t in the park. I believe the common term is Neds.

Or do you think they're only arseholes to other Scots?

Edited by eFestivals

What i said Neil was that the norm in scotland is for people from anywhere to be made welcome. There's arseholes everywhere and T does atteact a lot of them, but as a country scotland is a pretty welcoming place

I didn't say it can't be a welcoming place. I merely stated the fact that not all are welcoming, as I got to experience on more than one occasion.

It is what it is. If you don't like what some of your countrymen do, tackle them over it and FUCK OFF BLAMING THE VICTIM!!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by eFestivals

You're way out if you think I'm blaming the victim. I've never witnessed anyone being picked on because they're english and I'd certainly intervene if i saw that happen

Some here are certainly blaming the victim - devilman, and viberunner, as examples. I wonder if they also blame rape victims?

And whether you've ever personally witnessed it or not, you'd have to be living in a cardboard box to believe it doesn't happen with enough regularity for it be a widely known of happening within Scotland.

I'll never defend a racist and if you were the subject of a racist attack then that's unacceptable. However, I have worked with thousands of English people in Scotland. Several of them (hundreds) have gone to T in the Park either with me or separately. NONE of them have ever been the victim of a racist attack. Not a single one. I have never seen a racist attack either. I have, on the other hand, seen you argue with just about anyone about just about any subject on here. Now I don't suppose for a second that you are one of those cowardly people that gob off on line and are meek as mice in real life, so I am offering a point of view that perhaps your attitude rather than your accent might have been a provocation. It's funny how trouble just seems to follow some people around.

:rolleyes:

You can't accept I was racially abused. You think it must be my fault I was racially abused.

I guess you also think that if I was acting a twat I caused those people to turn into racists, and they weren't racists before I might have acted the twat?

I don't wish to make a major point of the racism I suffered; racism is a fact of life in all places. My point in mentioning here was to demonstrate that your claim of T in the Park being all peace and love in the long distant past when it served up music to your liking is bollocks. My example is just one of many, as there were endless posts on here back then by Scottish people moaning about 'neds' and how they ruined T.

Sadly tho it's not just the 'neds' who are the problem, as is becoming clear.

Edited by eFestivals

I think you are pulling the racist card for someone calling you on your prickly and provocative attitude. If you act in real life like you do in here you'll no doubt get several slaps. I doubt any of them would be racially motivated. Until we get the other side of the story, and you continue to provoke, poke fun, and generally abuse people, your side of the story has little credibility at worst and is 50/50 at best. However, as you have quoted above I'll reiterate, "IF YOU WERE THE SUBJECT OF A RACIST ATTACK THEN THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE" 

Totally agree Devilman that any abuse or attack based on race is unacceptable.

I stand by my point that I've never witnessed anyone being attacked in Scotland simply because they were English.  Maybe staying in Aberdeen where people from almost every country in the world live due to oil industry makes us quite a tolerant bunch up here.

Likewise for Devilman, he lives in area where a massive amount of forces staff lived and worked, and still do, and are as much a part of the community as indigenous Scots.

I think you are pulling the racist card for someone calling you on your prickly and provocative attitude. If you act in real life like you do in here you'll no doubt get several slaps. I doubt any of them would be racially motivated. Until we get the other side of the story, and you continue to provoke, poke fun, and generally abuse people, your side of the story has little credibility at worst and is 50/50 at best. However, as you have quoted above I'll reiterate, "IF YOU WERE THE SUBJECT OF A RACIST ATTACK THEN THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE"

Listen to yourself devilman.

FFS. :lol:

People use racist abuse because....?

It's the victim's fault that they've been abused because...? Oh, they dressed provocatively.

FFS. It's beyond parody.

Edited by eFestivals