Kasabian

al_coholic

Sorry, but I just don't believe that anymore. TITP constantly tries to sell itself on a festival with the best crowd in the world, but the crowds looked absolutely dead for the vast majority of acts and there are videos heading around on YouTube of a guy being bottled in the campsite and stuff like that.

T quite happily ignored the music fans (taking away Pet Sounds, booking the same acts very single year, Dappy etc) who did make it a great fest to chase the Radio 1/T4 on the Beach crowd who generally offer no loyalty to the fest and as a result they've now got a crap festival with a crap line-up, crap crowd and crap ticket sales.

I was genuinely a huge devotee but the people who made T special in the past (i.e. great crowds) have largely gone elsewhere.

That last sentence hits the nail on the head. T is now designed for school leavers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last sentence hits the nail on the head. T is now designed for school leavers

Who are a limited crowd and spend fuckall whilst they are there. I don't understand the logic. Aye well, festival 3 out of 5 for me in 2 weeks. Canna wait min!

Who are a limited crowd and spend fuckall whilst they are there. I don't understand the logic. Aye well, festival 3 out of 5 for me in 2 weeks. Canna wait min!

Brill.  I've down Download and Werchter this year.  Was fkin gutted at not getting Glasto tickets and thought Wercher would be a poor alternative.  I was wrong. Absolutely fantastic festival with a brilliant atmosphere.

Got Bella nxt month and hopefully working on a 4th before it gets dark at nights !.

As for T, I've been there since the first one and only missed two since.  I'm honestly glad I'm not there and can accept that Geoff and DF don't really want the folks that have loyally gone since the start to be there.  There's better festivals out there with better line ups and better value. 

I also hate how certain bands are booked in crap slots midway up King Tuts etc. and then don't play a Scottish date. I'm not going to pay £70 odd quid to see a Modest Mouse/Idlewild/St Vincent type band, much as I love them and your average T goer nowadays won't go to see them. The fans of the band miss out and the artist themselves miss out as they end up playing to a small crowd. TITP is really damaging alternative live music in the summertime IMO.

Did seem awfully flat watching them last night, think the band felt that too, could see they were trying to get people going. Does seem a even younger crowd than usual too.

Is it just me or does it seem like main stage has less field space than the r1 stage?

Just watching what (little) there is of The War on Drugs' set on Iplayer and there must be about 300 people there. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to put them on between Afrojack and Guetta needs to go and find another job as that was an absoultely shocking decision. It got a bit busier by the time they played 'Under pressure' but that's probably just because people arrived early for Guetta.

Wouldn't have you pegged as a script fan!!

I'm a live music fan. You'd really be surprised at what I have in my collection. When I saw Script at T they were pretty solid, the singer had charisma, could actually sing and engaged the audience who responded to that. I couldn't tell you a single one of their songs but I'd see them again if I was at a festival they were at and there was nothing i liked on at the time :)

I'm a live music fan. You'd really be surprised at what I have in my collection. When I saw Script at T they were pretty solid, the singer had charisma, could actually sing and engaged the audience who responded to that. I couldn't tell you a single one of their songs but I'd see them again if I was at a festival they were at and there was nothing i liked on at the time :)

My dad (Normally in to stuff like Neil Young) came back saying they were really good, but said the opposite of George Ezra who he actually quite liked before hand.