Kasabian

al_coholic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So fucking annoying, this. Being from Aberdeen were lucky if we get 2-3 gigs a year these days.

Aye, it's a 90 mins away on a good day to me and I haven't been for ages. It seems to have got a lot worse recently. If we want to see bands nowadays it's 2 days off and 7 hours drive to and from Glasgow. It costs me an absolute fortune.

There is a new larger arena planned to be built in Aberdeen hopefully this will help things, it helped Glasgow. Although looking at the music line up for the AECC is Fall Out Boy, Prodigy, The Proclaimers, Simple Minds, Status Quo, Texas and Wet Wet Wet. Not sure why but they seem to have a policy of only booking older acts for some reason.

The only Aberdeen gig I've got booked is Bullet for My Valentine and that's only because I've missed them every time they've played Download due to clashes. Might do Prodigy too. The rest of that list is gash. The sound in the AECC is the worst I've experienced anywhere but I'm not sure a new arena will make more bands come. It's a money thing. Mind you Elton John came and built his own outside stadium for the gig so maybe I'm wrong.

The only Aberdeen gig I've got booked is Bullet for My Valentine and that's only because I've missed them every time they've played Download due to clashes. Might do Prodigy too. The rest of that list is gash. The sound in the AECC is the worst I've experienced anywhere but I'm not sure a new arena will make more bands come. It's a money thing. Mind you Elton John came and built his own outside stadium for the gig so maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe that might be one positive of T ceasing to be (If that does occur). Audiences for gigs along with festivals appear to be falling and I'm sure there's plenty acts that couldn't pull off TITP and a series of Scottish shows. I'd say it's possible no T will mean more bands extend the touring circuit to Scotland instead. 

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not a huge Kasabian fan at all, just don't think the write the same standard of guitar riffs (which is what I personally look for in a band) as the likes of Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Biffy but I have to say live i loved it, got the crowd going pretty mental for the majority of the gig which many acts across the weekend that I saw failed to do. Pretty sure they came to Scotland just as much as Twin do which is a hell of a lot but then again Twin are Scottish...