Political equality @ Glasto...

tom22

Include everyone even the warmongers and people who happily see children go hungry include all the racists and ukkippers let's include them all hey?

Everyone is welcome to have a good time together that's the ethos that itself excludes the hateful hard hearted cynts that make up the British right. You can't include people who want exclude everyone else.

This is a great point.  Out of upvotes unfortunately.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What right wing elements/legacies would you like to see? Perhaps a festival food bank? Massive camping areas and amenities for the 1% while the 99% sleep on top of each other and shit in a shallow hole? An immigrant deportation zone where anyone speaking a different language can be loudly shamed for ruining our country and then ejected by a cattle prod wielding Nigel Farage? Maybe a few statues of David Cameron recognising all his efforts in preserving the quality of life for the rich while demonising the poor?

Why weren't you in charge of designing Shangri-La this year?

What right wing elements/legacies would you like to see? Perhaps a festival food bank? Massive camping areas and amenities for the 1% while the 99% sleep on top of each other and shit in a shallow hole? An immigrant deportation zone where anyone speaking a different language can be loudly shamed for ruining our country and then ejected by a cattle prod wielding Nigel Farage? Maybe a few statues of David Cameron recognising all his efforts in preserving the quality of life for the rich while demonising the poor?

Again, more upvotes urgently required.

OK so you're a city trader so I would imagine you have very little experience of what life might be like for someone on the bottom rungs?

Could it be said you're not in the position to say what those people can/cannot feel/say about the position they've been put in?

Sometimes rather than going "OI I can think what I want" it might be helpful for people to ask "Why is there such a strong reaction to this? Is there something I am not getting about these people's situations?"

I am oft reminded by Tories of one of their own - who spent years decrying the amount of public money wasted on legal aid - said if you really had the issue you'd find the money to fight it.

He ended up bankrupt because he tried to fight a legal case on his own and ended up utterly shafted.

The Tory mentality/standpoint is only sustainable as long as you are in an ensured position of power - once you're the person in need you'll realise they are the biggest bunch of c**ts in the world who will happily smear you into a bloody mess on a balance sheet as long as it keeps the life they think they deserve protected. It's easy to ignore who you're treading on when you can't see below the clouds

As I said, 18 year old for context, state school South London educated for more context.

I fully appreciate and agree I'm still not in a position to talk on behalf of the ones undeservedly at the bottom, and only ever known the South so never first hand witnessed the aftermath of Thatcher etc.

I actually don't fully agree with them myself but for far more in depth reasons than typical tory bashing covers.

My point is that for a festival that succeeds so well at getting people involved, sharing, caring, being nice to each other overall, does it not isolate and cast aside those who currently are right of centre and may otherwise be persuaded to move further left?

As I said, 18 year old for context, state school South London educated for more context.

I fully appreciate and agree I'm still not in a position to talk on behalf of the ones undeservedly at the bottom, and only ever known the South so never first hand witnessed the aftermath of Thatcher etc.

I actually don't fully agree with them myself but for far more in depth reasons than typical tory bashing covers.

My point is that for a festival that succeeds so well at getting people involved, sharing, caring, being nice to each other overall, does it not isolate and cast aside those who currently are right of centre and may otherwise be persuaded to move further left?

the festival isolates all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons.  my step mum would never attend in a million years because the very thought of a long drop terrifies her.

now i'd suspect long drops are a bit of a challenge to us all at one time or another, but some attend the festival anyway and deal with it.

(i didn't plan on writing a long drop/right wing analogy, but it was quite easy)

the festival isolates all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons.  my step mum would never attend in a million years because the very thought of a long drop terrifies her.

now i'd suspect long drops are a bit of a challenge to us all at one time or another, but some attend the festival anyway and deal with it.

(i didn't plan on writing a long drop/right wing analogy, but it was quite easy)

another good point, if you're not out of your comfort zone at some point you're probably not doing it right (especially if you're 18 and a trader)

there's plenty of discussion goes on at Leftfield, various places in the greenfields, etc. 

Shangri-la is not there for discussion, it's supposed to be in-yer-face. 

As I say, only been my second so I'm yet to fully experience the whole thing. Wasn't aware to be honest.

Anything that balances this shit has got to be good!

11692681_864620560273883_896659966386480

This is an excellent point in just the right context - where *is* the political equality outside the fence? You could set off a leftie nuke in the festival and barely make a dent in the tsunami of self-congratulatory pap the right drowns us in