Glastonbury Toe

BA4 4BY

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Big left toe numb again this year. I can't help but wonder if this is caused by the boots/wellies being too small. 

I wore boots that were a little bit too tight last time, took months for feeling to return in my toe and a year for the nail to grow back, this time I wore well fitting wellies with gel insoles and have had no problems. 
Charm x

• 2 weeks later...

My left toe nail is still completely black, it's a similar sort of thing to what I used to get regularly playing football, people stamping on your feet and your toe banging against the end of the boot.

For me it's purely down to wearing wellies, didn't get it last year wearing lovely comfy trainers :wub:

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Its not so much my toe but, the whole of my right foot! I wore Hunters for the first time and they were great but impossible to take the right one off. There were tears! So, im Putting the numbness down to that. I really dont want to go to the gp because of it.

9 hours ago, angelin said:

Its not so much my toe but, the whole of my right foot! I wore Hunters for the first time and they were great but impossible to take the right one off. There were tears! So, im Putting the numbness down to that. I really dont want to go to the gp because of it.

Buy a boot remover from B&Q ... Any boots seem to come off witha boot remover ... wouldn't be without it 

My right big toe is still a bit numb. I wondered why, then suddenly realised a few days ago that it is the now famous Glastonbury Toe! I think I've had it before but I really can't remember. memory not good at the best of times, and especially not after Glastonbury! 

• 9 months later...

Never have problems with my toes, but last year the top of my left leg went numb and didn't come back to normal for a couple of months. 

Also, no matter what I do, after half a day in wellies the back of my heels are rubbed raw. I take big plasters to help deal with that.

My big toes always take a few months to return to normal, but "normal" seems to be slightly more numb each year. I think I'm slowly doing permanent damage to a nerve in each foot.

But fuck it. It's only my toes.

Edited by Cheesey

8 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

My big toes take a few months to return to normal but "normal" seems to be slightly more numb each year. I think I'm slowly doing permanent damage to a nerve in each foot.

But fuck it. It's only my toes.

This is literally my thought process too - the nerve damage must be permanent if 11 months on it's still a bit numb. I kept mentioning it to friends to see if they were having anything similar and everyone kept nagging me to go the doctor, so I just sort of stopped mentioning it...