Is it ok to be bricking it about oct tickets already

Respectfatfrog

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it a bit like a football team winning the league, it's great lifting the trophy (Being successful on T day and then actually going to the festival) but as soon as the festival is over the new season starts and although technically you still hold the trophy it's yours to lose again as soon as it's finished.

I see it a bit like a football team winning the league, it's great lifting the trophy (Being successful on T day and then actually going to the festival) but as soon as the festival is over the new season starts and although technically you still hold the trophy it's yours to lose again as soon as it's finished.

I see this time as preseason so to speak where I try not to think about it until the dates for T-day are announced, at that point everything steps up with ensuring people are up for it and registered.

other than the main resale in April, how do you find out about the other ones?

I meant coach sale / main sale in October + coach / main resale in April & at least 1 if not 2 unannounced resales within the week after the last date you cancel tickets (about 4 weeks before the festival)

You'll have to watch the forums then if you don't have any luck in the first sales

I'm also putting it to the back of my mind. Glastonbury consumes me for the first six months of the year, so I'm actually going to take a complete break from it now until close to ticket Sunday.

I'm among those bricking it when I think about it, though. Last year I managed to get tickets for others here but completely failed to get my own. Another eFester sorted me out, which was magical, but makes me extra nervous for this year.

Is it defo the 04th Oct, with the coach sales presumably the 1st? Am away then, pain is we'll prob try for coach again and that'll be the day I fly - blast! Pals will have to step up to the mark.

Not worrying about that right now though, still enjoying the hazy memories I have from this year, all that stress can start end of the summer

Is it defo the 04th Oct, with the coach sales presumably the 1st? Am away then, pain is we'll prob try for coach again and that'll be the day I fly - blast! Pals will have to step up to the mark.

Not worrying about that right now though, still enjoying the hazy memories I have from this year, all that stress can start end of the summer

^^This, I'm supposed to be doing a cycle that day, and I've missed the last 2 glastos through my missus being pregnant and having the baby, so we really want to go next year. 

This year was my first glastonbury and me and 3 of my mates all tried to get tickets at the same time and found it quite easy.

Obviously it may have just been beginners luck but what is the likelihood of not getting tickets if 4/5 of you try at the same time?

If you do score coach tickets, I'm guessing there's no chance you can then get normal tickets a few days later and put your coach tickets back in the pot? 

Zilch chance, only 1 ticket per reg.

I reckon this is my year for tickets in October, law of averages says it has to happen eventually.

I am nervous whenever I think of how gut-wrenching Ticket Sunday is. I've been very lucky to have secured my ticket every October since 2009, and the high success rate of other friends over the years in the April and May resales has made me feel broadly optimistic about making next year's festival.

But it must be tough having to wait until the springtime, mere weeks before the festival, not knowing if you're going to be there or not.

If I'm not successful this October, I'll still plan as if I am going, and keep faith that the aforementioned successes in the resales will apply to me, should that be the case.