Worthy View Review

Jamieyorkshire

26 minutes ago, tom22 said:

3rd time in WV, wouldn't camp anywhere else now. 

Just such an easy process. No carrying tents around the place. No massive walk from car park to camping area. Nice and quiet at night. 5 min walk to the centre of the festival. Best coffee on site. Posh, flushing bogs. No car park queues leaving.

Bit of a queue to get onto the site once or twice, but not really an issue.

Only downside is that so many people waste an hour+ of their day in the queue for the showers. Mugs.

I assume you mean 5 minutes from the other side of the bag checks (which, by the way, were well excessive)?

It was at least 20 minutes from the toilet / shower area to the middle of site (Glade) and I consider myself a fairly pacey walker.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/07/2015 at 10:23 AM, russycarps said:

I have a question. Why do you think because you are richer you think you are better than people in the proper camping areas?

Grow up. When was that ever said in the ops statement?? Been reading these forums for a couple of years and you are so negative. If you dont like other peoples views and way of doing this great festival then just jog on - idiot

8 minutes ago, Mrsdgrohl said:

Grow up. When was that ever said in the ops statement?? Been reading these forums for a couple of years and you are so negative. If you dont like other peoples views and way of doing this great festival then just jog on - idiot

Just a heads up @Mrsdgrohl you are replying to a near 2 year old comment :lol:

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

excellent! I meant to get a photo of the hill for future reference when people asked, but completely forgot

I made a video for the same reason.

37 steps and a 2 1/2 minute steady walk from Pennard Hill Pedestrian Gate to Worthy View.

Edited by idb

We have always camped within the festival site but this year chose Worthy View solely due to picking up a shoulder injury which meant I couldn't physically carrying a tent a mile from the car to the site.

Very easy traffic free journey to the site on Wednesday morning. Arrived before the gates opened parking three rows back from the gate and queued for about 45 mins after 8.00am to get through security which was fairly painfree.

By the time we did a second run to the car the queue had diminished.

We opted for a 2 man scout tent which was situated fairly central and only a couple of minutes walk from the main toilets.

Fellow campers were all pretty quiet, so much so I wondered if anyone was in the tents either side of us.

Didn't use the showers.

The Hill we didn't find it particularly taxing. The hill from the tipis to the Pennard Hill Pedestrian Gate past Strummerville I felt was steeper.

Security to get into the festival site was at its highest Wednesday morning with everyone getting searched down to their wallets in separate male and female queues. It didn't help that the male queue had one steward one who wasn't the quickest.

Every other time we entered the festival over the weekend they seemed to have scrapped the stringent searches with no queue and we walked straight past security without being stopped.

I would definitely think of doing it again, especially for the ease of being five minutes from the car.

First time a WV and thought it was great. Mainly did it because I was arriving on Thursday and had got rid of my tent from previous years so would have buy a new one. 

My expectation was that I was simply paying for a pre erected tent and the additional service were a bonus and nothing else. I also had built the hill up to be a mini trek based on comments from last year's struggles in the mud. 

The one negative I would say is that it's not ideal for those arriving by coach. Or that one of the big advantages would be camping so close to your car for trips back and forth. 

There was a big enough queue for the shuttle bus and we were very lucky that the crew buses decided to help out for a half an hour to alleviate the demand. Was told to give 4 hours for returning on Monday morning but it was nowhere near as bad. Still had to wait for my coach back to London as we were now rediculously early. 

2 man scout tent was much bigger than expected and had no concerns about weather causing any issues. 

I queued (as a male) no more than 15 minutes to have a shower which I thought were a great way to start the day. Completely revitalised me. 

Queues for the flush toilets got worse as some became out of order. They did try to rectify this by adding portaloos which were kept very clean. 

Hill was fine and was more than happy with the distance between my tent and the fields of avalon were I started most my day. 

I'd happily pay to stay there again and I'm not sure if my girl friend would stay anywhere else now. 

never queued more than 20mins for the showers. went around 12:15 on Thursday and it was about 3mins queue, around 11 on Friday and Saturday and about 20mins. went early on Sunday around 9ish I think, and it was less than 10mins.

only used the "posh" toilets twice, both times at the end of the night, no queue at all. in the mornings I just used the longdrops down the hill at Strummerville on the way into the site for the day, if I needed to.

My sixth year in WV (previously myhab). No traffic, no rush to arrive, super short journey from car, all accomodation I have had (pod pad, tipi, yurt and scout tent) has been good, short shower queue for me  (unfortunately not for the ladies) and no real rush to leave (again no traffic).  

I actually quite enjoy the hill, even to the VERY top this year. It helps that the glade, West holts and park are my three favourite parts of the festival.

2nd time at wv toilet queues were bigger . Didn't bother with showers . We use wv for convenience of not carrying all the extras easy parking etc . The hill is not so much of a problem because of its steepness  it's the fact that it's a long walk from likes of pyramid John peel other stage at the end of long day . When u cut through the busy crowds round entrance to the se corner and up pennards hill . But it's a matter of choice and at r age the price I feel is worth it . 

This year was our first in WV and I would highly recommend it. 

It was quiet, well organised, with the major benefits already mentioned of short walk from car to site (5 mins for us) and ease of getting in. We arrived mid afternoon Thursday, which was the main reason for using WV. 

Checks were short on arrival (a quick bag search) but in line with the rest of the site. I wasn't checked once on the way in or out of the main site and didn't queue at all. All very quick. 

The hill wasn't an issue for me, but my friends struggled Sat night, we did get back 6.30am though and were completely spangled! 

The food options were limited but we only ate breakfast there twice, from Wakey Bakey breakfast, which was actually quite nice. The rest of the time we ate on in The Park, Avalon or by West Holts. 

Toilets were limited but clean, not a huge issue if you're using it once per day though (I always take a Lenor bottle!). 

All in all was a good way to do it if you love the festival but are getting a bit too long in the tooth for the struggles that camping on the main site brings. 

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

never queued more than 20mins for the showers. went around 12:15 on Thursday and it was about 3mins queue, around 11 on Friday and Saturday and about 20mins. went early on Sunday around 9ish I think, and it was less than 10mins.

only used the "posh" toilets twice, both times at the end of the night, no queue at all. in the mornings I just used the longdrops down the hill at Strummerville on the way into the site for the day, if I needed to.

Where exactly were the showers? I didn't put much effort into finding them, I only decided to look to locate them out of curiosity when absolutely smashed at about 3am on the way back to my tent as I thought I'd like a shower when I woke up in the morning to refresh myself. I followed the sign next to the reception thing and found the nicer toilets in the green huts, but couldn't find the showers or shower block just a barn behind them. I knew the showers would be closed at that time but expected a big sign or it to be obvious where they were.I gave up and stuck to anti bac wipes instead. But would be curious to know for next time after catching a whiff of my ball bag in the Welcome Break toilets on the way home.

Love worthy view! Third time in there (2013 and 14 previously), I can't sacrifice my leave for the wed off anymore, so knowing I have a 'good' space on the thurs is great. I also like to sleep when I get back to tent, A bit boring I know but hey. Queue for women's shower was mad (and always has been) couldn't be bothered to wait. My husband got a shower each day though, going anytime between 830 and 1030-he never waited more than 5 mins-aside from a shed load more showers I'm not sure what you could do to alleviate women's queues, maybe a token that gives max of 5 mins? 

Toilets werent an issue for me, queued max of 2mins, there's also some at bottom of hill which is handy. 

I wish they would offer a hair wash service that you could book in for. I'm aware how vain that sounds, but something happens at Glastonbury and my hair EXPLODES. Not fussed about shower, just hair! I spent a lot of time staring at other's glossy manes throughout fest with a hat jammed on my birds nest. 

id say it's 10 mins walk to other, and similar to Avalon, circus. John peel bit of a mission if you're starting there. 

Also awesome is the no walk to the car, we had an hour walk from a car park to get in gate d one year and then had prob a 30 min walk to camp spot-I am still scarred by that experience! 

Big fan of WV:

- no carrying tent / setting up in rain or sun

- getting in / out is ridiculously easy via A37 and car park is right next to entrance

- bogs / showers great (go for your daily number twos when you come back in early hours and no queue!)

- the view from the top of the hill (the 'Worthy view' if you will is breathtaking and worth the hill of death 2

That being said I'm going to camper van in 2019 after three WV just for a bit of variety. 

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in worthy view and would stay again in a heartbeat.

Getting in thursday security was a breeze quick bag check when we got our wristbands then went back to the car to get the rest of our stuff and they didn't even check our bags on re-entry.

We both used the showers on Saturday around 2pm with no queue (only about 3 other people in the mens) I really cannot fathom why people insist on using the showers first thin in the morning when the queue is so bad. The hill is a bit of a pain to come back up but we only did that once a day (except Saturday when we came back for a shower)

Neither of us ever had our bags or wallets searched at the bottom of the hill (we must look very innocent) so we never had issue there

It was great. Again. Spacious bell tent. Car 5 mins from tent. Staff really helpful and friendly. 10 mins walk from Pennard Gate. No issues with loos. Bit of a queue for showers but had great chats on the way. Hill is no issue for even the mildly fit. Bloke in next tent was a snorer, but...come on people, stop moaning!! Try general camping - 3.5 hours to get thru Gate D on Wed, over a mile to camping sites from furthest car park, then a bunch of ket heads camped next to you? Have done both and know what prefer at my age :D

2 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

... That being said I'm going to camper van in 2019 after three WV just for a bit of variety. 

Go "West" if you do.  Was in East this yr (as for some yrs) - terrible entry queue. It shares the entry with crew early doors & car parks pre-opening (Gate C). In past yrs it's been closed off from car parks first thing - not so this year. 3 your queue to get in by 2pm. Hardly worth it. "West" is like WV in that it has it's own entry. 

• 3 weeks later...