Worthy View Review

Jamieyorkshire

Just now, briddj said:

Queue for the (men's) showers is 10 minutes at the very, very most. Absolutely no problem.

On the Sunday last year they were definitely much longer than that. And the female were at least 45 minutes. Better offsite options if that's your thing.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, OBface said:

On the Sunday last year they were definitely much longer than that. And the female were at least 45 minutes. Better offsite options if that's your thing.

Definitely an issue with queueing for the women. I'll agree there. But disagree about the men's. Maybe I go at the right time... 

30 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

I have a question, we're going this year for the first time, staying at WV (health reasons) and are going with national express. Should we check in at gate A or just get the shuttle straight up to WV and check in there ? 

do not go through gate a, take the shuttle from the left side of the bus Station, because you will get there a WV-wristband.

2 hours ago, TheNoise said:

I have a question, we're going this year for the first time, staying at WV (health reasons) and are going with national express. Should we check in at gate A or just get the shuttle straight up to WV and check in there ? 

The wait for the shuttle bus may be longer than the walk to WV through the site though....and you'll still get your wristband when you get there.

I only ended up using showers once last year no queue mid late morning I think . My wife didn't as there were queues   . Toilets not a problem you may wait couple of min on site but there are more by the bars on way down and longdrops by strummerville as you had down hill 

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The wait for the shuttle bus may be longer than the walk to WV through the site though....and you'll still get your wristband when you get there.

Thanks, we'll probably see if there's a shuttle there before setting off, Mr TN doesn't fancy the walk with the rucksacks :)

• 3 months later...

First time staying there this year, mistook the hill to Stummerville as the hill first time round :lol:  Thought it wasnt bad at all, then got to the other hill! We walked the site instead of getting the shuttle bus. Its not that bad though. Only thing that annoyed me was the queue (only twice) getting down due to security searches. Oh and the people walking down the hill instead of the steps walking past everyone in queue to the front <_<

Edited by chrismcb

3rd time in WV, wouldn't camp anywhere else now. 

Just such an easy process. No carrying tents around the place. No massive walk from car park to camping area. Nice and quiet at night. 5 min walk to the centre of the festival. Best coffee on site. Posh, flushing bogs. No car park queues leaving.

Bit of a queue to get onto the site once or twice, but not really an issue.

Only downside is that so many people waste an hour+ of their day in the queue for the showers. Mugs.

I just thought it wasn't worth the money.. I queued at 7.00 for the showers and 8.30 and still queues ... toilets were so few , the hill was a pain for me but my fault for not realising my hips are clicky

Just a couple of vendors at the top and was given a dodgy fiver ..It was OK but not value for money IMO.. my daughter who wasn't at WV had better facilities and didn't pay any extra... 

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

I just thought it wasn't worth the money.. I queued at 7.00 for the showers and 8.30 and still queues ... toilets were so few , the hill was a pain for me but my fault for not realising my hips are clicky

Just a couple of vendors at the top and was given a dodgy fiver ..It was OK but not value for money IMO.. my daughter who wasn't at WV had better facilities and didn't pay any extra... 

We picked Worth View this year as we couldn't get over until Thursday evening and didnt want the hassle of searching for a decent camping spot. If we were over on the Wednesday morning we'd have camped on site. Agree the price is a bit steep, should install those ski-lift type things for next year to get more bang for your buck ;)

1 minute ago, chrismcb said:

We picked Worth View this year as we couldn't get over until Thursday evening and didnt want the hassle of searching for a decent camping spot. If we were over on the Wednesday morning we'd have camped on site. Agree the price is a bit steep, should install those ski-lift type things for next year to get more bang for your buck ;)

same here I got there Thursday evening, but thought I'd be paying for better toilet facilities and a shower which you didn't have to queue ages for .. didn't get it so just paid extra for a guaranteed camping space 

5 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

same here I got there Thursday evening, but thought I'd be paying for better toilet facilities and a shower which you didn't have to queue ages for .. didn't get it so just paid extra for a guaranteed camping space 

Yeah they could do with more toilets. I didnt bother with the showers, queues were too big.