Worthy View Review

Jamieyorkshire

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worthy View to be increased from 2500 to 3000 tents in 2016.

Presume they will expand out the back?  Pity anyone who gets a tent (probably all the bell tents/ belle pads going off previous years) that are even further back - they'll practically be trudging back to Hembridge every night.

Might be a good bit of advice actually - if you are insistent in staying at Worthy View go for the scout tents - from when I was there these mostly seemed to be at the front of the site - will make a big, big difference, trust me.  Also I think they were cheaper than everything else?

Edited by Eks101

The steps are just to the left of this pic, where the rope is. The year I went everyone used the steps rather than walk down that part as it's uneven ground and I could imagine you could seriously do yourself a disservice if you fell.  It is steep - you ascend/descend almost all that height in quite a short distance with just a little on the slope by the stone circle leading up to it

Definitely not recommended for anyone with any sort of issues walking distances or up/down hills.  I saw a couple of casualties - including one lady who looked in serious trouble one morning.

Edited by Eks101

• 6 months later...

Firs time in worthy view this year.

what are the searches for going into the site? Surely you can take your own booze with you?

Why do they have to take your ticket? First people going to the festival for the first time and the ticket is always good to keep. Hope they change that this year.

as I am driving to worthy and have friends not in worthy, can I some of their stuff if they have no room in their car? With the hill am guessing we won't it to be heavy stuff!?

Sure I had more questions but forgotten them

1 hour ago, LFC_05 said:

Firs time in worthy view this year.

what are the searches for going into the site? Surely you can take your own booze with you?

Why do they have to take your ticket? First people going to the festival for the first time and the ticket is always good to keep. Hope they change that this year.

as I am driving to worthy and have friends not in worthy, can I some of their stuff if they have no room in their car? With the hill am guessing we won't it to be heavy stuff!?

Sure I had more questions but forgotten them

Searches are almost identical to the ones going into the normal site, usually in fairly quickly though. Yeah you can take your own booze, just no glass as with any of the camping sites.

I've been a couple of times. The first year i went they never took your ticket (though you had to show your wrist band and ticket every time you entered the actual site, which was a massive ball ache). However last year they took your ticket and gave you a worthy view specific wrist band I think.

You could take some stuff for mates though be warned they won't be able to access the site so i'd keep it to as much as the people staying in worthy view can carry. There is a security point as you go into the main site but they never stop you going through with booze etc. You enter the site at the Park area so they could always meet you there to give you a hand from there.

Hope that helps. If you remember the other questions pop then on here and sure people are happy to answer. 

• 10 months later...
On 7/5/2015 at 0:05 PM, Smitho77 said:

"So we probably got worse sleep than if we had just camped in Oxylers."

But you've never actually camped in Oxlyers. Camp on the frontline of Oxylers then come back and tell me its a bit noisey in WV. hahaa

I've been to the festival about 10 times, its wild and hedonistic and calm and magical all at the same time. Never camped at WV but have camped ALL OVER the rest of it (Oxlyers was feral). 

This year I'm actually gonna give WV a go. Don't actually think its NEEDED but a load of my mates are in there so gonna do it. Defo happy to have some showers and shitters but I hear the point about it being a festival and taht you don't NEED it (its way more fun to lose control and be free around the ACTUAL SITE). 

But I will love a good poo and a face wash on Saturday morning!

Enjoy it! (wherever you end up laying your greasy head)

1 hour ago, JockyD84 said:

But you've never actually camped in Oxlyers. Camp on the frontline of Oxylers then come back and tell me its a bit noisey in WV. hahaa

I've been to the festival about 10 times, its wild and hedonistic and calm and magical all at the same time. Never camped at WV but have camped ALL OVER the rest of it (Oxlyers was feral). 

This year I'm actually gonna give WV a go. Don't actually think its NEEDED but a load of my mates are in there so gonna do it. Defo happy to have some showers and shitters but I hear the point about it being a festival and taht you don't NEED it (its way more fun to lose control and be free around the ACTUAL SITE). 

But I will love a good poo and a face wash on Saturday morning!

Enjoy it! (wherever you end up laying your greasy head)

I'd rein in your loo expectations... Worse queues and conditions at WV than anywhere I saw on site last year.

1 minute ago, OBface said:

I was only at WV in the mornings/lunch time and always seemed busy to me. Ditto the showers. Not worth the time queuing when so much else you could be doing.

Queue for the (men's) showers is 10 minutes at the very, very most. Absolutely no problem.