Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was devastated at the lack of Horace Wimp at the Glasgow show.

But in terms of ELO being the most talked about act of the weekend come Monday morning, I'd be surprised.  At least, in a world where Adele is also playing.

Can't really disagree with this.  Not as showbizzy as previous legends, but musically superior IMO.  Would have been a worthy headliner to be fair.  As you and I know, popularity and media column inches are no measure of quality.

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Horace!

Horace!

Horace Horace Horace Horace Horace Horace Horace Horace

What's not to like?

Do you think they'll play Diary of Horace Wimp? Arguably one of my favourite songs of theirs and they haven't played it on this tour (or hardly ever I don't think?)

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

See I think in isolation all these songs -apart from telephone line which I think is shite - are really good enjoyable singalong songs. But put them all after one another and it's all a bit samey. A twenty song greatest hits album is an endurance test I'd struggle finishing. 

That's OK Scruff.  You're allowed your incorrect opinion and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;)

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

A twenty song greatest hits album is an endurance test I'd struggle finishing. 

Then it's lucky that you'll not be having a headphones moment on the sofa but crowdsurfing on a UFO-shaped inflatable dressed as a Wild West Hero and tanked up on industrial-strength scrumpy.

If it's been a sunny weekend and still sunny when they are on, ELO will be the perfect teatime band, uplifting singalong tunes, great light show ( shame they aren't on after dark) if it's been another 2007 and everyone is a bit cold and miserable they may struggle to fill the pyramid field, personally I don't care, I'm a huge fan and will be up the front whatever the weather.

• 1 month later...

I'd not even heard of them before the announcement, tried to get into their stuff on youtube but just dont have any interest in it whatsoever

which is a shame, love the traditional sunday legends set, will be the first year i dont do a box of wine in sat at the main stage all afternoon with the whole crew that usually split up all festival

Plenty of stuff i do like elsewhere, but it wont be the same :/

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bought my Mum tickets to that. My old man got dragged along with her. She loved it needless to say.

An hour of bangers from Cliff at 1pm. Then Phil Collins get on with the 4pm Legends slot. 

52 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not saying that Cliff should never do it, but in a world where Elton and #RightBazza have yet to bring it on home he's not the #1 candidate.

Elton is still headline material a la Stevie.

#RightBazza should be doing it though, but in a way maybe better headlining West Holts, bringing a disco party like EWF.

3 minutes ago, cowmadiddy said:

Just watching Lionel Richie's set and although I do like ELO, my issue is that Jeff Lynn forgot to have a personality and therefore I doubt it'll have the same feeling as past legends.

I quite agree! I was really disappointed that it was ELO. I was hoping for someone like Elton or Rod at the very least considering the stature of Lionel and Dolly in previous years.