Alvvays

ivan

Loved them - and now booked tickets for the tour!

Not used to seeing a full band doing a stage setup/soundcheck though. The keyboardist literally had to be dragged off stage come showtime! Must be perfectionists.

Edited by Lubic87

Ace. Two girls in front of me had a huge moment during Archie and nearly set me off. Then I had a moment during Party Police. They never disappoint live, and I will echo the sentiments/dibs re: Molly.

REALLY hoping they're announced for Bestival as their UK tour finishes in the middle of it. was absolutely gutted when i saw they clashed with Lionel as their album is far and away one of my favourites of last year. kicking myself for not going to see them + Real Estate last year. such a knobhead

edit: oh wait just seen they're in America two days after their UK tour finishes, so that's them out of Bestival. shite

Edited by FloorFiller

REALLY hoping they're announced for Bestival as their UK tour finishes in the middle of it. was absolutely gutted when i saw they clashed with Lionel as their album is far and away one of my favourites of last year. kicking myself for not going to see them + Real Estate last year. such a knobhead

edit: oh wait just seen they're in America two days after their UK tour finishes, so that's them out of Bestival. shite

Totally showed Real Estate up that day too. Which is no easy task! Sorry to rub it in. (sorta)

I've never seen anyone on John Peel, not because I haven't wanted to, but because it's such a fecking trek that unless you really commit to spending a big chunk of time there, it just never seems worth it. And at Glastonbury I don't like dedicating huge chunks of time to a single stage, especially not one so far out of the way.

Consequently over the last two years I've missed Alvvays, Polica, Crystal Fighters, Lykke Li, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Courtney Barnett, Chance the Rapper and London Grammar. Adding it all up, that's a lot of good stuff missed.

The moral of this story is that the John Peel tent must be moved to a position more convenient to me.

I've never seen anyone on John Peel, not because I haven't wanted to, but because it's such a fecking trek that unless you really commit to spending a big chunk of time there, it just never seems worth it. And at Glastonbury I don't like dedicating huge chunks of time to a single stage, especially not one so far out of the way.

Consequently over the last two years I've missed Alvvays, Polica, Crystal Fighters, Lykke Li, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Courtney Barnett, Chance the Rapper and London Grammar. Adding it all up, that's a lot of good stuff missed.

The moral of this story is that the John Peel tent must be moved to a position more convenient to me.

Winslow, you know how much I like you, and how much I enjoyed meeting you, so you will forgive me when I call you out and say what a load of BOLLOCKS!

On my own, even at a busy time, I was doing Other to JPT in 10 minutes! Just plan a bit and walk a bit faster! Get off the walkway tracks (if the mud allows) and navigate the fastest streams through the crowd. Piece of piss. I went to and from the JPT twice on Sunday having been at Other, Avalon, and The Park prior to Alvvays.

You're young...MAN UP!!

:)

Ben

Winslow, you know how much I like you, and how much I enjoyed meeting you, so you will forgive me when I call you out and say what a load of BOLLOCKS!

On my own, even at a busy time, I was doing Other to JPT in 10 minutes! Just plan a bit and walk a bit faster! Get off the walkway tracks (if the mud allows) and navigate the fastest streams through the crowd. Piece of piss. I went to and from the JPT twice on Sunday having been at Other, Avalon, and The Park prior to Alvvays.

You're young...MAN UP!!

:)

Ben

Ha, you're almost certainly right, the walk through Silver Hayes always makes me think it's much further than it is. To be honest I don't think I've ever recovered from trying to get over there for Chvrches in 2014 just after the storm on Friday. Silver Hayes and the bit where it joins with the entrance to JP were doing their best impression of Passchendaele circa 1917, I was soaked through to the bone, my shoes were ruined, and the walk seemed to go on forever. Eventually I just gave up and returned to my tent in defeat. 

Edited by Winslow Leach

They were awesome!!! Got to see them front row and it was really nice music, a very unique style and the girl is just lovely. 

I found funny they had to prepare the stage by themslevs, soundcheck and after their performance ended they also had to take off their stuff from the stage, even the beautiful singer was doing it, that make me think that though they're really great they're still a small band, I hope they get to be bigger in some years. 

Having met the two women from the band in person (just to shoehorn that brag in), I can attest to the fact that Molly is delightful. However, even though I find it cringey when fans start talking about how they fancy members of bands they like, I can't help but have a soft spot for the Keyboardist.

I was gutted to miss them, and it wasn't my choice, it was a choice made for me, I did regret it. I saw them in Manchester earlier this year, thought they were a bit of a throwaway indie pop band who wont be around for long, they proved me very very wrong, I immediately got the hype for them as soon as they started playing.