Biggest downer at Glastonbury

sergiu

My Kanye experience nearly completely ruined the rest of the festival for me, I arrived late after getting lost and then got stuck around the bigest crowd of dickheads that just stood and talked through the entire performance, they even stood around booing him

Every time I moved to get away from them i found a new set of w*nkers ready to ruin it for me

He was the one act I was most excited for and it got ruined

Coupling that with my comedown from the day before everything got to me on Sunday morning and I ended up in tears thinking my festival was ruined, I was just walking around completely numb

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kanye crowd was a bit weird, wasn't it? I enjoyed the show, but it seems like a lot of people turned up determined not to. It didn't exactly get us down, but I think I could've done without the coked up Australians intentionally having a very loud conversation in front of my [black] girlfriend and I about how unfair it is that white people aren't allowed to say the N Word.

I almost ran out of cheeks to turn.

Being at Glastonbury even when confronted with the odd flash of ignorance is still infinitely better than being anywhere else in the world though.

Edited by Magma

Coach journey there was particularly terrible, with the coach getting lost due to a Police road closure/diversion (although they hadn't put out diversion signs so it must have just happened) and the driver then losing any semblance of direction/the ability to read a satnav and taking us to bath and west showground. People had to direct the driver using their phones. Absolute joke. 

Was pretty underwhelmed by Kanye, although I left to watch PSB and had a great evening eventually. Otherwise the rain on Friday was a bit naff, but nothing really put a downer on an otherwise incredible weekend.

Losing our car keys somewhere in Silver Hayes during a pretty mental Thursday night which was the day we arrived and being that stressed and pissed off about what was going to happen that Friday was completely ruined and we didn't see one act we'd planned to. Ended up in bed early and couldn't start to enjoy ourselves till the spare set turned up in the post on Saturday.

Gutted.

Decided to get an unbranded power bank off ebay which worked on Thursday but not Saturday morning.  I still had a mains charger with me and asked at a tent in The Park to test it - nothing happened so I appeared to have a broken phone!  My plans didn't overlap with the friends I was camping with so I could only borrow Facebook when with them to check and send messages, so most of Sat/Sun was spent on my own...  And then my phone charged through the mains on Monday, taking longer than ever before to react!!!

Aside from that, it was very disappointing to see a vile couple looking for a fight near the barrier just after Super Furry Animals.  Throughout the whole thing, the g/f or wife wanted to be where I was standing (behind one person at the very front) because she's short and wanted a better view (I'm 5"7 if I round up!).  Had I been asked nicely I would've swapped provided my view wasn't worsened - but the sense of entitlement was disgusting.  At one point she even barged into a gap that wasn't there and I my leg was on the verge of cramp!  Come the end, rather than start on me, the guy takes it out on a 6ft guy on the barrier, calls him a prick and slaps him for literally no reason!  Huge credit to the brave lady who got in between them and the victim who was too mellow/drunk to retaliate!

Losing our car keys somewhere in Silver Hayes during a pretty mental Thursday night which was the day we arrived and being that stressed and pissed off about what was going to happen that Friday was completely ruined and we didn't see one act we'd planned to. Ended up in bed early and couldn't start to enjoy ourselves till the spare set turned up in the post on Saturday.

Gutted.

That happened to me in 2009.  Luckily I'd brought a spare set in the lockups but it still stresses you a little.  In the end some gem handed mine into lost property :)

Kanye West. Disappointment really hit me quite hard after that, just felt a bit miserable for the evening.

I've heard lots of negativity from people who are fans (or at least don't dislike his music) but it seems lots of people turned up expecting to loathe it.  Seems odd considering the quality elsewhere - I saw Spiritualized and the second half of Suede, but would've loved to have seen PSB or The Moody Blues instead.  Jon Hopkins was probably good too.

That happened to me in 2009.  Luckily I'd brought a spare set in the lockups but it still stresses you a little.  In the end some gem handed mine into lost property :)

Hoping we still might get them back. It also had our WV yurt key in it but we managed to get into that easily enough without it thanks to the lady showing us how when we checked in! People were handing in sorts of things with much more value so just hope that someone actually stumbled across them.

Decided to get an unbranded power bank off ebay which worked on Thursday but not Saturday morning.  I still had a mains charger with me and asked at a tent in The Park to test it - nothing happened so I appeared to have a broken phone!  My plans didn't overlap with the friends I was camping with so I could only borrow Facebook when with them to check and send messages, so most of Sat/Sun was spent on my own...  And then my phone charged through the mains on Monday, taking longer than ever before to react!!!

Would it not have been worth just chinning your phone off for the weekend and enjoying real life? ;-)

Getting caught in the rain on Friday and being freezing the rest of the day.

The slog back to the car on Monday.

Both were "Oh shit. Never again" moments for me.

Got over myself pretty quickly though.

The rain for a couple of hours? Really? It had been blistering and it was a Godsend! And it was still humid during the rain. Fair enough if you were wearing shorts, T-shirt and no trainers. But it looked like it was gonna rain that day from the onset. Hope it didn't spoil stuff too much for you.

Would it not have been worth just chinning your phone off for the weekend and enjoying real life? ;-)

I wasn't clear at all...  I had several friends (not all in one group either) I wanted to see who I wasn't camping with.  I had no means of contacting of them which meant spending virtually all of Sat/Sun on my own - thus enjoying real life less! :P

I was able to meet people for Patti Smith and briefly bumped into different people from work on two occasions.  I'm all for living in the moment and use social media far less than most people - obstructing people's views with my phone to take a shit video was not on the agenda!

The rain well hacked me off. Waterproof just not adequate.

Had already spent Wednesday being too tired to think straight after queuing overnight next to a couple of (separate) loud, look at me show offs and then Thursday it was so dusty my eyes didn't stop streaming for most of the day and could hardly see. I think that rain (the second batch, I was in Leftfield during the first) was almost the straw for this camel.

I wasn't clear at all...  I had several friends (not all in one group either) I wanted to see who I wasn't camping with.  I had no means of contacting of them which meant spending virtually all of Sat/Sun on my own - thus enjoying real life less! :P

I was able to meet people for Patti Smith and briefly bumped into different people from work on two occasions.  I'm all for living in the moment and use social media far less than most people - obstructing people's views with my phone to take a shit video was not on the agenda!

It sounded like a hassle with your 'phone - just playin' :-)