Biggest downer at Glastonbury

sergiu

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragging our hungover group to the Charlatans on Friday morning to kick off the music and standing their in disbelief at how god awful they were before leaving after half an hour was a bit of a shocker. 

Back going on Sunday morning and subsequently not being able to get in and dance to Ferocious Dog. That and walking like I'd shatter myself for the rest of the day.

Getting right through to Sunday night and then dropping my phone in Strummerville at 3am

Random nastiness. On the way in our bus driver got lost, and everyone started shouting directions at him (which he deservered), but then out of the blue someone viciously shouted "you stupid, fat, f**ing c**t!" at him, which was completely over the top and not a good start to the festival.

The walk back to my tent on the Sunday night from SE corner, having tried and failed to replicate the buzz I had got from Chemical brothers earlier in the night. That walk was probably the most emotional one of my life

The last walk back to the tent on Sunday was the worst this year. Not knowing whether there would be many more Glastonbury's for me to enjoy. Judging by efestivals write up confirming the 2016 dates and fallow year, it seems the festival will have to move (no let up from my eyes with the prats pissing on the land etc not helping along with what ME says about other farmers giving him hassle re: their land) and I hope to god I can get tickets for the next 2 ones because if it moves, I will not be attending.

The comedown.

People at work on your first day back asking how it was etc. Take a look at me do you really want to know the substances and emotional rollecoaster I've taken in?

And this.

the amount of times I have responded/mumbled .. "yeah it was really good" then just completely zoned out until they left me alone is unreal.