T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aye he's only headlined once but previously was there 5 out of 6 years. Not that it matters anymore, the repeat visitor crowd are no longer relevant.

Rubbish. Attend in smallers numbers than in the past maybe but repeat visitors do still account for a lot of T's crowd and that wont end outright after one bad festival. Plenty will return just in smaller numbers and it there will be bookings on the bill aiming to appeal to this audience.

If there going down that route again Al take a punt on deadmau5 or fatboy slim

Not a chance for either. Fatboy didn't even fill King Tut's this year! Deadmau5 isn't a headliner either.

I kinda hope this doesn't become a regular thing. What I found interesting on the 2016 Artist Survey was that the only acts I thought suitable to do such a slot were Calvin and Disclosure. I don't think Disclosure are at that level yet. Unless they want to book Calvin again, I can't see the slot becoming a tradition. I don't want an act to be given a closing slot just because they're a DJ/dance act.

The artists survey was brilliant. I'm pretty sure they can't afford the Rolling Stones, Elton John & Dolly Parton would also be really expensive without appealing to the festivals main demographic, Daft Punk haven't toured in years and LCD Soundsystem have split up, but they were all options.

Some good options in the survey as usual. Went for

HEADLINERS

Muse

Blur

Bowie

OTHER ACTS

Royal Blood

Nero

Death From Above 1979

Brand New

Manchester Orchestra

Basement Jaxx

Mogwai

Foals

Tried to go for acts that had a chance of actually being booked, but might not be super obvious and would be booked whether I voted for them or not.

Not a chance for either. Fatboy didn't even fill King Tut's this year! Deadmau5 isn't a headliner either.

I kinda hope this doesn't become a regular thing. What I found interesting on the 2016 Artist Survey was that the only acts I thought suitable to do such a slot were Calvin and Disclosure. I don't think Disclosure are at that level yet. Unless they want to book Calvin again, I can't see the slot becoming a tradition. I don't want an act to be given a closing slot just because they're a DJ/dance act.

Who told you he didn't fill tuts???

There were 100s locked out,seen them myself.

I see the 2016 Artist Survey has just been sent out with Calvin one of the options as a possible headliner.

Watch him come 1st and they'll use it as an excuse to book him.

They don't need one. Anyway if he does come first then isn't a good thing for the festival to book him

The artists survey was brilliant. I'm pretty sure they can't afford the Rolling Stones, Elton John & Dolly Parton would also be really expensive without appealing to the festivals main demographic, Daft Punk haven't toured in years and LCD Soundsystem have split up, but they were all options.

It isn't a gauge of who they're going to book as they're looking to see who their demographic is and who they should try to appeal to. It also effects the type of acts booked if ,for example, LCD Soundsystem got lots of people saying they want them they won't go for LCD but acts like them.

Anyway I did the survey and I (think) put.

Headliners

Rage Against The Machine

Radiohead

Biffy Clyro (but still an inspired booking)

Others

Queens Of The Stone Age

Nine Inch Nails

The Cure

Weezer

Foals

The Strokes

Brand New

Frank Turner (I think I did :lol: )

Who told you he didn't fill tuts???

There were 100s locked out,seen them myself.

I walked straight into the tent about 10mins into his set. And then left about 10mins later when we realised he was playing mainly EDM stuff (as an awful lot of the crowd around us were also doing). Edited by Stuart1000

Fatboy slim was full were I was standing and at some points felt a bit over capacity, although some people walked out near me they were soon replaced.

In terms of DJ headliners, the fact that Guetta is on the radio 1 stage means that there's only a few acts in the tier above him in terms of popularity that would headline (not necessarily a popular opinion here, but the chart sales don't lie) the only ones I can think of are Calvin, Daft Punk, Avicii, Tiesto and Hardwell (but I don't know how popular the last 2 are in terms of your average radio 1 listener) Daft Punk is sadly very unlikely, and I doubt Avicii will be booked 2 years in a row. Honestly I reckon Calvin will come top in the survey and I wouldn't be entirely surprised with Calvin and Taylor Swift as the Saturday headliners

Edit: Also just had a look at that survey and think its interesting they don't have Florence and the Machine on the headliner list

Edited by uninspired_user

Fatboy slim was full were I was standing and at some points felt a bit over capacity, although some people walked out near me they were soon replaced.

In terms of DJ headliners, the fact that Guetta is on radio 1 means that there's only a few acts in the tier above him in terms of popularity (not necessarily a popular opinion here, but the chart sales don't lie) the only ones I can think of are Calvin, Daft Punk, Avicii, Tiesto and Hardwell (but I don't know how popular the last 2 are in terms of your average radio 1 listener) Daft Punk is sadly very unlikely, and I doubt Avicii will be booked 2 years in a row. Honestly I reckon Calvin will come top in the survey and I wouldn't be entirely surprised with Calvin and Taylor Swift as the Saturday headliners

Edit: Also just had a look at that survey and think its interesting they don't have Florence and the Machine on the headliner list

Maybe they are already booked.

I walked straight into the tent about 10mins into his set. And then left about 10mins later when we realised he was playing mainly EDM stuff (as an awful lot of the crowd around us were also doing).

Didn't realise that..

10 mins before he came on the stewards werent letting anymore people in and there was 100s trying to get in.

M