T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

1 hour ago, Tequilamockingbird said:

Interesting link. Seems so odd that they ended up going for Strathallan with was 12 out of 14?

The 1st choice sounds much more ideal, anyone know why they didn't go for that?

I'd like to know what is there obsession with keeping it in that area?

Must be the worst location ever for a festival

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, seems pretty balanced.

He's got it spot on. If Scotland wants to keep a large festival that can attract the biggest acts "it deserves to be built, not broken."

Good article and I agree: build it, don't abandon it.

But I also agree that festivals are communities not venues. The challenge for T will be to balance building a community versus building profit. Some of the acts booked and non-music attractions need to be used as a means of creating the right crowd even if they do not all contribute directly to the finances.

The pipeline thing rumbled on for years.  Think back to when Tuts and VIP Hospitality used to be up near the A911.  Then Tuts moved south, closer to the A977. The campsite followed that move, round almost to the back of Dobbies, and hospitality moved west across the production road and on to the arena side.  That was all driven by the H&SE concerns about the outcome of a theoretical burst of the pipeline while people were camped or dancing on top of it.

The 44 tonne trucks driving acoss it metres away on the A977 and the houses, schools and everything else built on or around it thoughout it's length didn't seem to be subject to the same concerns.  Anecdotaly - I don't know if it's true -  Aberdeen Airport's runway supposedly also crosses the pipeline and that has some pretty big planes landing on it!

However, the roadways have been dug up at Balado, returning the land to its former condition for the landowners, so I don't think it will ever return to Balado.

On 17/07/2016 at 9:04 PM, Every Time said:

The pipeline thing rumbled on for years.  Think back to when Tuts and VIP Hospitality used to be up near the A911.  Then Tuts moved south, closer to the A977. The campsite followed that move, round almost to the back of Dobbies, and hospitality moved west across the production road and on to the arena side.  That was all driven by the H&SE concerns about the outcome of a theoretical burst of the pipeline while people were camped or dancing on top of it.

The 44 tonne trucks driving acoss it metres away on the A977 and the houses, schools and everything else built on or around it thoughout it's length didn't seem to be subject to the same concerns.  Anecdotaly - I don't know if it's true -  Aberdeen Airport's runway supposedly also crosses the pipeline and that has some pretty big planes landing on it!

However, the roadways have been dug up at Balado, returning the land to its former condition for the landowners, so I don't think it will ever return to Balado.

the pipeline goes under schools, that's how dangerous it's really considered to be. ;)

But hey, if H&S men didn't find new things to worry the public about they wouldn't be needed anymore and wouldn't have a job. Gotta keep the employment numbers up. :P

On 7/19/2016 at 7:14 AM, eFestivals said:

the pipeline goes under schools, that's how dangerous it's really considered to be. ;)

But hey, if H&S men didn't find new things to worry the public about they wouldn't be needed anymore and wouldn't have a job. Gotta keep the employment numbers up. :P

Have no way of knowing if this is true but the guy we stayed with during the last couple of years at Balado was adam ant that T in the Park owned a lot of the surrounding fields. He reckons that the move was due to arguments with other local land owners over the purchase price of land T wanted to buy. I should also add that he thought the threat to move was only a threat but he was convinced the long term future was Balado.

Does anyone if Geoff has a " contract " with Tennents ?

I know I`m in the minority but I actually liked the new site after giving last year a miss. 

On 21/07/2016 at 8:51 PM, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Have no way of knowing if this is true but the guy we stayed with during the last couple of years at Balado was adam ant that T in the Park owned a lot of the surrounding fields. He reckons that the move was due to arguments with other local land owners over the purchase price of land T wanted to buy. I should also add that he thought the threat to move was only a threat but he was convinced the long term future was Balado.

Does anyone if Geoff has a " contract " with Tennents ?

I know I`m in the minority but I actually liked the new site after giving last year a miss. 

T actually owned less land than you would think. Just I couple of areas at the centre of the site. The rest was leased.

On 17/07/2016 at 9:04 PM, Every Time said:

Aberdeen airport runway does. As do a hell of a lot of houses. The only thing I would say is that its not at the same depth the whole way.

2 hours ago, dandandan95 said:

Anyone know an easy way to record sets from iplayer and put them on youtube? Know its possible just dunno how.

There is a thread on here under glastonbury chat called iplayer last chance. 

It's far to technical for me but think you'll find the answer there. If you don't,  post your question in there and someone will help you out.