crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, nath14s said:

Just seen this on the event page on Calvin Harris' Facebook. Few acts on there that still haven't been announced. 

Alesso, Oliver Heldens, Katy B, Hannah Wants and Tiesto.

T in the park lineup.jpg

We sure it's correct as Rodrigo only got announced tonight as playing on Friday and on this they are Sunday?

It does look a little less ridiculous with Alesso slipped in above James Morrison - the latter's resurgence is as mystifying as Craig David's - but the Friday is still embarassingly weak overall.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For fuck's sake, I didn't know anyone read my posts! :P

I spoke too soon on the "I can't see Faithless third down" now as well because Tiesto will be King Tuts, C&S sub and Faithless third down, surely.

:P

Faithless third down ties in with the apparent V placings too.

Also surprised by how low James Bay appears to be playing. He's still probably one place too high, but I'd assumed he'd be 'doing a Hozier' and jumping up to absolutely ridiculous placings on the back of his big crowds last summer. Happy to be wrong.

Edited by Zac Quinn

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

It does look a little less ridiculous with Alesso slipped in above James Morrison - the latter's resurgence is as mystifying as Craig David's - but the Friday is still embarassingly weak overall.

I looks strong for me if Rodrigo was still on there, them The Coral, Alesso and The Roses would o for Friday.

I'm not sure how Faithless 3rd down ties in with V?, there is nothing to suggest they are 3rd there. If that was their position at T though then I don't think WHs at Glasto is out the question. RHCP, Faithless, James Bay, Jake Bugg, Frank and Rodrigo though is a great day.

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Oh I didn't know about the V placings. Nor did I know James Morrison was on a comeback; I thought it was just a weird Scottish thing having him high up the line up. I did know about Craig David's comeback and the Mystery Jets comeback. Is Akon coming back? Crazy Frog? The mid-2000's nostalgia circus is coming way too soon.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I looks strong for me if Rodrigo was still on there, them The Coral, Alesso and The Roses would o for Friday.

I'm not sure how Faithless 3rd down ties in with V?, there is nothing to suggest they are 3rd there.

Except the poster with them on the top line excluding the headliners and subs.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh I didn't know about the V placings. Nor did I know James Morrison was on a comeback; I thought it was just a weird Scottish thing having him high up the line up. I did know about Craig David's comeback and the Mystery Jets comeback. Is Akon coming back? Crazy Frog? The mid-2000's nostalgia circus is coming way too soon.

After a quick google it transpires our James in fact had a chart hit as recently as 2011, which was featured on a promo for Home and Away. Who knew :lol:

1 hour ago, nath14s said:

Just seen this on the event page on Calvin Harris' Facebook. Few acts on there that still haven't been announced. 

Alesso, Oliver Heldens, Katy B, Hannah Wants and Tiesto.

T in the park lineup.jpg

MAIN
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chase & Status
Faithless
James Bay
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats

RADIO 1
LCD Soundsystem
Major Lazer
Craig David's TS5
Slaves
John Grant
FIDLAR

KING TUTS
Tiesto
Jake Bugg
Frank Turrner
Maximo Park
Blossoms

Would this be pretty accurate?

10 minutes ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

MAIN
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chase & Status
Faithless
James Bay
Rodrigo y Gabriela

RADIO 1
LCD Soundsystem
Major Lazer
Craig David's TS5
Slaves
John Grant
FIDLAR

KING TUTS
Tiesto
Jake Bugg
Frank Turrner
Maximo Park
Blossoms

Would make more sense seeing Tiesto on radio 1 stage 

2 hours ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

MAIN
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chase & Status
Faithless
James Bay
Rodrigo y Gabriela

RADIO 1
LCD Soundsystem
Major Lazer
Craig David's TS5
Slaves
John Grant
FIDLAR

KING TUTS
Tiesto
Jake Bugg
Frank Turrner
Maximo Park
Blossoms

that's the first time I've really appreciated how far Jake Bugg's fallen

second on main to second on third

the rest of the album must be even worse than the songs that have been put out so far

3 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Did anyone check Calvins Facebook page to back this up, because all I've seen in what we already know, even in the events section?

It was definitely on his FB page, it's been removed and replaced with the one that that was used though.

Theres a few weird things on it, Maxi Jazz has been taken off, Frank Turner has lost his sleeping souls, Stiff Little Fingers aren't there and RyD moved to Sunday 

I see absolutely no reason why the poster C Harris would have been provided would be wrong though 

Pretty sure there were a couple of slightly different posters floating around last year. I don't know why, because it is not difficult to plot out the timing of your announcements and decide who gets announced when, and then create the appropriately specific posters and send them out to whoever needs them the day before the announcement. TITP shouldn't have different versions being jumbled up and sent to different artists.

UNLESS it's a deliberate thing to create more discussion of the festival 

It doesn't make sense to me that Tiesto would be in KT though. Surely he would attract a huge crowd of younger people when he's up against LCD and RHCP. Seems crazy to me. Surely he would cost a hell of a lot for sticking on the 3rd stage?

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

It doesn't make sense to me that Tiesto would be in KT though. Surely he would attract a huge crowd of younger people when he's up against LCD and RHCP. Seems crazy to me. Surely he would cost a hell of a lot for sticking on the 3rd stage?

I'd wager that he'd probably pull a bigger crowd than LCD at TITP so does seem like an odd placing if true

Edited by FloorFiller

51 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It was definitely on his FB page, it's been removed and replaced with the one that that was used though.

Theres a few weird things on it, Maxi Jazz has been taken off, Frank Turner has lost his sleeping souls, Stiff Little Fingers aren't there and RyD moved to Sunday 

I see absolutely no reason why the poster C Harris would have been provided would be wrong though 

Because Rod y Gab will almost certainly be playing Friday, as they'll be playing Marlay Park with tour-mates The Stone Roses the next day, I think it's an older iteration of the poster before amending it and also removing some acts they need to hold back.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd wager that he'd probably pull a bigger crowd than LCD at TITP so does seem like an odd placing if true

Would it be stranger than 4th down one of the stages?