crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I would say 8/10. I'm desperate for them but there's a few good reasons they could be there. Flying back from abroad to play in Manchester on the Saturday (Sunday would be the day), they need to book some acts to appeal to the Roses crowd since they've basically used Roses to try and whore some ticket sales, they're not booked or likely to be booked for any other UK festivals other than Glastonbury now, so T would make sense. They went down a storm in 2012 as well. Seems a no brainer. 

What a line up it would be on the Friday  if it was the specials,happy Monday's,new order then the roses on the main stage

All would forgiven :)

9 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

What a line up it would be on the Friday  if it was the specials,happy Monday's,new order then the roses on the main stage

All would forgiven :)

New Order would have to be Sunday realistically. They're playing Thursday and Saturday so Sunday is the obvious day. They would be much better headlining King Tuts again than doing the main stage anyway. I am hoping for The Specials, but I'm not sure Happy Mondays are doing much right now. Really though, if you have a weekend ticket, you want the stuff you like spread around a bit over the weekend, rather than having it all on the Friday.

I'll be amazed if one of (or both) Jake Bugg and The Courteeners aren't on before them. TLSP or Primal Scream possibly. I would live the top four on Friday to be Roses/Faithless/The Specials/James. Would be a really good night.

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

New Order would have to be Sunday realistically. They're playing Thursday and Saturday so Sunday is the obvious day. They would be much better headlining King Tuts again than doing the main stage anyway. I am hoping for The Specials, but I'm not sure Happy Mondays are doing much right now. Really though, if you have a weekend ticket, you want the stuff you like spread around a bit over the weekend, rather than having it all on the Friday.

I'll be amazed if one of (or both) Jake Bugg and The Courteeners aren't on before them. TLSP or Primal Scream possibly. I would live the top four on Friday to be Roses/Faithless/The Specials/James. Would be a really good night.

Happy Monday's just finished a uk tour before Xmas,seen them in Glasgow probabbly the best I've seen them.

42 minutes ago, HouseEveryWeekend said:

As far as EDM goes, I think the best T could do would either be Prydz or Axwell Ingrosso. Would much rather either of them than Calvin Harris again and thats coming from a scot!

Deadmau5 or Prydz I'd say, both just announced for Tomorrowland too.

On 21 February 2016 at 1:49 AM, harryomatic said:

James Bay: High (playing in Newcastle that weekend, big name, might as well come north of the border.

Kodaline: Low (played after album release last year, no real reason to play again this summer)

The Lumineers: High (album coming out in April, popular band that will draw a decent crowd afternoon main stage)

I would say Kodaline are a high probability, they are headlining in Dublin that weekend along with the Stone Roses and there's usually synergies with TITP

13 minutes ago, DM1981 said:

I would say Kodaline are a high probability, they are headlining in Dublin that weekend along with the Stone Roses and there's usually synergies with TITP

Ah fair enough then, I hadn't looked at tour dates, just at when albums came out. Could well be a likely booking then.

Edited by harryomatic

Placings look a bit all over the place. Refused wouldn't get out of bed for the fee they'd get in that placing, nor would band of skulls. Are the Bay City Rollers actually still playing? There would be a crush of middle aged women with wide ons for that, I'm not sure their piles and sciatica would survive the rest of the weekend :)

I agree with that line up posted, very similar to R&L though. FR headlining the KT is a dream for me, I'd be gutted if that was announced ( as I'm not going this year).

For all the abuse t gets (rightly so) for it's poor line ups I think that's the best it's been in a while, where stone roses, calvin and RHCP may not be everyone's cup of tea there's some fantastic alternatives (DeadMau5 for SR, LCD for calvin/foals and disclosure for RHCP) that should keep everyone happy. Well done Geoff, he just needs to sort Strathallan Castle now...

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Which translates as this for stage splits

Splits.png

Friday has a couple of acts, Axwell ^ Ingrosso are headlining one of the main stages at Cream, chances are they headline Radio 1 stage if they play too. Saturday has dome decent acts, and Sunday main stage and bottom of Radio 1. Forgetting the main Saturday headers I'd probably attend that if I lived there.