Red Hot Chili Peppers
Faithless
The 1975
Catfish & the Bottlemen

Disclosure
Two Door Cinema Club

New Order

Mebes?

On another note, Enter Shikari's drummer has said on twitter that they're not playing T this year (or R/L). Keep wanting them to play in Tuts. Keeps not happening.

Chemical brothers v the stone roses ...**** that.

2 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

Chemical brothers v the stone roses ...**** that.

You can't expect T not to put them on the same night just because they are both acts the older crowd would enjoy.. they are completely different styles of music so it would make more sense to have them up against each other than to make sure they're on separate days, especially with Chems not able to play the Saturday. Can't have it all your own way I'm afraid.

I just hope there's gonna be a headliner on R1 or KT that appeals to me on the Saturday. Sorted in the Friday. I'm just hoping Chemical Brothers get booked for the Sunday on the off chance New Order don't play. Then again, I'm not sure they would have Chems and New Order on at the same time. Not really similar but both seen as electronic. RHCP/Chems/New Order. Not sure I could see that.

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I just hope there's gonna be a headliner on R1 or KT that appeals to me on the Saturday. Sorted in the Friday. I'm just hoping Chemical Brothers get booked for the Sunday on the off chance New Order don't play. Then again, I'm not sure they would have Chems and New Order on at the same time. Not really similar but both seen as electronic. RHCP/Chems/New Order. Not sure I could see that.

Nah you would need something more current and. Chart friendly - hence why I put Disclosure on that night - which left Chems for Friday. 

8 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Fanbase are different though, right? I think it's diverse enough.

I think its a bit too old school for a lot of the T crowd. Chemical Brothers will appeal to young people, but still think it's a bit too old.

17 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Can't imagine much of the younger generation would be too pleased with that. I reckon Stone Roses/Chem Bros/CHVRCHES -- Calvin Harris/LCD Soundsystem/Last Shadow Puppets -- RHCP/Disclosure/New Order would be much more realistic imo.

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

8 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Nah you would need something more current and. Chart friendly - hence why I put Disclosure on that night - which left Chems for Friday. 

That makes a lot more sense. They would need something current in KT on Friday then though.

2 minutes ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

Can't imagine much of the younger generation would be too pleased with that. I reckon Stone Roses/Chem Bros/CHVRCHES -- Calvin Harris/LCD Soundsystem/Last Shadow Puppets -- RHCP/Disclosure/New Order would be much more realistic imo.

That would really please me. TLSP would be brilliant in KT but not sure if they'll do that or main. I still think Primal Scream is most likely for the KT Saturday, but would much prefer TLSP.

2 hours ago, Kwyjibo said:

How can R&L say they have Two Door Cinema club as a festival exclusive when they are also playing at Belladrum this year?

Bollox, I had forgotten that and I'm going to Bella. Hope there is something good on 2nd when they are on.

4 hours ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

You can't expect T not to put them on the same night just because they are both acts the older crowd would enjoy.. they are completely different styles of music so it would make more sense to have them up against each other than to make sure they're on separate days, especially with Chems not able to play the Saturday. Can't have it all your own way I'm afraid.

Let's hope they think that both would attract the older crowd and have chemical brothers last on Sunday then.

23 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

Let's hope they think that both would attract the older crowd and have chemical brothers last on Sunday then.

If New Order were to play the Sunday though surely that'd be more of a clash than the Stone Roses? Chems have more of a crossover with NO than they do with SR.. would rather be spoiled for choice than no choice at all.

6 hours ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

If New Order were to play the Sunday though surely that'd be more of a clash than the Stone Roses? Chems have more of a crossover with NO than they do with SR.. would rather be spoiled for choice than no choice at all.

I would have new order last on Saturday in tuts up against Harris and lcd that would suite me perfect.

30 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

I would have new order last on Saturday in tuts up against Harris and lcd that would suite me perfect.

New Order are playing in Manchester on the Saturday night. Sunday is the obvious day for them.

44 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

Or Friday,that's if there even playing.

Is this a definite?

Nah nothing is definite other than what is announced. Tour dates make it likely though. They're abroad on Thursday so Sunday is the obvious day. I'd say they are more likely than Chemical Brothers though. No reason why both won't be there. I can see this Roses and Chems clash happening though, which is a nightmare.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Nah nothing is definite other than what is announced. Tour dates make it likely though. They're abroad on Thursday so Sunday is the obvious day. I'd say they are more likely than Chemical Brothers though. No reason why both won't be there. I can see this Roses and Chems clash happening though, which is a nightmare.

It would be more than a nightmare  mate